Stewart Robertson Interview

I had the misfortune to watch BBC1 Scotland's final score programme a couple of weeks ago - the weekend where we lost the last minute equalliser to Hivs.

The pundits in the studio were at pains to mention they weren't watching a feed but this was clearly bollocks. Were they watching it on RTV with a VPN ?

This should really have , and no offence to the OP, a more descriptive heading . And perhaps kept as a sticky at the top of the page .

Every bear possible needs to see this interview as I think many people who perhaps aren’t as fervent as some of us genuinely have no idea how bad it’s been for us with BBCs campaign of hatred these past few years .

There's no 'building bridges' with BBC Scotland in there, that's for sure. Pacific Quay will be spewing. Their response will be interesting.
sadly i think they will send out the usual subjects to ridicule us and pour scorn over our interview,and they will be joined by the others who will call us pathetic,,the spfl and the sfa should also be taken to task for not backing their member club in the ongoing situation with the bbc,, we clearly heard from our ceo they they fully acknowledge we are being treated different to other member clubs

Great interview and glad to see Robertson raising these points and mentioning the discussions with other clubs. Can't believe the BBC's continued blatant behaviour though!

Probably broadcasting rights contract which if we breach they would take great pleasure in suing us.
But would these rights stand if they've banned themselves from showing or commentating on our games? It would be interesting to know if there's anything we can do to completely isolate them from even mentioning us

The timing of the interview is good in relation to the BBC Scotland situation. On Wednesday night, an important Scottish Cup-tie will be played and BBC Scotland will be giving it a miss with live coverage. They are letting down the Scottish football public in depriving them of live news. Sadly, it is unlikely that this will bother them so, guess, it is just a matter of waiting to see what their response, if any, will be.

Great to hear the club saying what we the supporters have known for years . This season in particular the propaganda machine went into overdrive, they demonized Alfredo because they realised just how good he is , then after the victory at Ibrox against the separate entity mob they rolled out the usual propaganda machines to spout as much hatred and whatabouteries as the BBC and usual sports journalists could publish.
I hope this is the first step in Rangers saying we are not going to except this any longer...

Correct.

We’ve made plenty statements etc in the past that have resulted in nothing changing.

I expect nothing to come of this one either.

We’ll get mocked in the press again like last time & so the roundabout continues.

Instead of saying I told you so and moaning at every turn give us a constructive idea or solution to and on the situation

Last edited:
Have commented earlier in the thread about a different aspect. Commenting separately on the content having watched this carefully a couple of times now.

I'm pleased at us taking the BBC on and for looking for a more transparent framework. And if he's accurate in what he's saying then I hope other clubs will indeed come out to demand change to the system.

The one thing we could have done a bit better is the hard facts in backing up our statements. He talks a bit about correlations and so on. Those who have a background in dealing with data know that the term correlation means a specific thing. If that's the case come out and hit them with the evidence -actual facts and figures and numbers / percentages. Make it harder for them to wriggle out of this - instead there's a lot of "I think..." type comments. Nail the fuckers with hard details. Don't leave it down to opinion.

I'd reckon the reason why things have changed this season is they see us as a greater threat. It ramped up further after we beat them.

She has not played the man's game. I take no issue whatsoever with her being a Compliance Officer for the womens game, but as Stewart Robertson mentions, these games are effectively being re-referee'd by a woman, whose experience in the men's professional game could be written on the back of a packet of tabs.

He doesn’t say that. He said they’re being re-refereed by a panel of 3 former grade 1 referees

sadly i think they will send out the usual subjects to ridicule us and pour scorn over our interview,and they will be joined by the others who will call us pathetic,,the spfl and the sfa should also be taken to task for not backing their member club in the ongoing situation with the bbc,, we clearly heard from our ceo they they fully acknowledge we are being treated different to other member clubs

Oh you are bang on the money there mate. Good to get the message across that it is they who are in the wrong and who are being petty and vindictive with it, which is certainly what Robertson alludes to.

The media will come together as one to deflect and deny on this subject though. English and Cosgrove to lead the counter-attack by tomorrow morning, probably sooner.

Doesn't miss the BBC there.

As licence payers there must be more pressure we can put on the BBC to change their thinking.

Decent interview which is long overdue.

Clever to bring the BBC bias in to the compliant officer debate and clearly set out the reason why.

No whining or gnashing of teeth. Just straight forward explanation of our position.

The club needs to keep the pressure up.

No co-incidence this comes hard on the heels of Leeann Dempster's interview. Looks like there is a co-ordinated response to the Compliance Officer stuff which is only favoured by one team and one team only.

Doesn't miss the BBC either - long overdue.

That’s a good listen.

His points.

Celtic don’t have a single citation for anything on the park.

BBC is so one sided it’s unbelievable.

"They [the BBC] have actually written to us and told us they are treating us differently from other clubs in the Premiership"

“So we need to see that change and we will be dealing with that separately"

Last edited:
Just watched it on YT and haven't looked at any other posts.
Good that he sort of calls out the BBC. He should have laid out several more complaints.
Bad that he wants the CO process just to revert back to last year. We were being shafted last year, too. I don't think we need it, we know why it was introduced and who for and it undermines the refs. Whatever oversight process is used will be corrupted by 19th Century Terrorists so I'm against anything.
If we are to have one, though the CO thing should be scrapped and a new, transparent system introduced whereby the refs vocally record, at the time of the incident, specifics. Not "violent conduct' but "A kicked B off the ball". "C elbowed D when they both went up for a high ball" eg. That record is then the only evidence used in any review. Everything to be made available to the public. Why not?

I still don't want Robertson in the CE role, he's just not the man for any kind of conflict let alone the kind of war we're in.

They will react in my opinion.Two sides to every story blah f ucking blah.
We must respond to this when it comes.Gerrard giving a sky interview giving both barrels to the Bas tards
Sky will be all over that.We have issues with Waker,but leave that for another day

Interesting that this has been going on even before Stuart Robertson arrived. We as fans should be making complaints every time the lie , miss represent us and show bias. Club 1872 gave a good email outlining the process. We should inundate them with complaints at every opportunity.

I thought that was a very good interview by Stewart Robertson. One thing I would like to see is the correspondence between Rangers and the BBC made public. Whoever in the BBC is saying we are being treated differently than anyone else needs to be exposed and pressured by his line managers in London.

That’s a very good interview from Robertson. Perhaps his best yet. Calm and measured but direct strong words, especially in relation to BBC Scotland.

It’s refreshing to see the club on the same page as the supporters in relation to the compliance officer issue and BBC Scotland, both of whom are treating Rangers differently from other clubs.

Good interview. It needs to be followed up with action if no change results. I hope there is some anger and determination behind the calm and reasonable front he put on there. I really cant see the BBC Scotland leopard changing its bigoted spots.

Interesting that this has been going on even before Stuart Robertson arrived. We as fans should be making complaints every time the lie , miss represent us and show bias. Club 1872 gave a good email outlining the process. We should inundate them with complaints at every opportunity.
Phone calls are infinitely more effective than emails, indeed in person meetings are even better. Also, meet your local MP and MSP and register a complaint, the BBC is supposed to be a public service.

Back