Stewart Robertson Interview

She has not played the man's game. I take no issue whatsoever with her being a Compliance Officer for the womens game, but as Stewart Robertson mentions, these games are effectively being re-referee'd by a woman, whose experience in the men's professional game could be written on the back of a packet of tabs.

The rules regarding citable offences are the same for the women's game as they are for men, so why should she be fine to work in the women's game but not the men's?

Youtube

Talks about the disciplinary process in Scotland and the BBC.

Can I ask why ex referee's are asked their opinion? Is there any other field that ask the opinion of people no longer employed in that professions field? Are these ex referee's still fully up to date with the laws of the game?

Phone calls are infinitely more effective than emails, indeed in person meetings are even better. Also, meet your local MP and MSP and register a complaint, the BBC is supposed to be a public service.
Any method is ok by me. Doing the email route takes it eventually to BBC London and then if no satisfaction the PCC. You can be sure both these bodies will be pissed off at getting a pile of complaints.

The rules regarding citable offences are the same for the women's game as they are for men, so why should she be fine to work in the women's game but not the men's?

Because I don't watch women's football.

I should have gone on, in my original point, to mention that a solicitor should not be making these calls on our game. That, and that the three priests (or ex-refs) on the panel should be named, too.

Well done for calling out the bbc and their phoney banned from Ibrox line. Also highlighting why the co role is a charade.

Confirmation, if required, that both the BBC and Rangers openly acknowledge that our national broadcaster is institutionally biased against our Club. While that's hardly news to most on here, the implications are staggering.

Thought he did quite well in that interview. He did call out the problems that Rangers are having with the disciplinary process run by the SFA. In other words - they're cheats and using the BBC and Sportscene to manage things for them.

The BBC break numerous elements of their own Code Of Conduct in their dealings with us. As a public funded organisation I'm surprised they haven't been reprimanded for it and told to get back to Ibrox.

Can I ask why ex referee's are asked their opinion? Is there any other field that ask the opinion of people no longer employed in that professions field? Are these ex referee's still fully up to date with the laws of the game?

Some of the ex referees are still involved in the game and are fully up to date with the rules.

I know Louis Thow and Willie Young are still involved heavily with refereeing in Scotland and further afield.

Collina is still involved in working with referees for FIFA.

Well said Stewart Robertson and now it’s time to take on the BBC in court

They have a charter to be unbiased and always have fair and balanced reporting

If they have admitted in writing they are treating us differently then we can force resignations at the highest levels in BBC Scotland

They are publicly funded and they are not fulfilling their obligations to the general public and discriminating against us.

Time to take them full on via the courts for reptational damage to our image and shareholder value

We could then force change and sackings and get balanced reporting as well as get damages for their behaviour over past 10-15 years

Far better than issuing a statement. Robertson should do more of this, at least a monthly round-up of what's going on at the Club. He spoke well.

BBC Scotland's behaviour is shocking. Unbelievable that we won't even have radio commentary on Wednesday - so much for their coverage of the Scottish game.

Well said Stewart Robertson and now it’s time to take on the BBC in court

They have a charter to be unbiased and always have fair and balanced reporting

If they have admitted in writing they are treating us differently then we can force resignations at the highest levels in BBC Scotland

They are publicly funded and they are not fulfilling their obligations to the general public and discriminating against us.

Time to take them full on via the courts for reptational damage to our image and shareholder value

We could then force change and sackings and get balanced reporting as well as get damages for their behaviour over past 10-15 years
They are a government sponsored body paid for by the British tax payer.We need to be lobbying MPs to bring this up .They are treating a section of Scottish society different to the rest which makes them inherently biased.As you say get them to court .I Just hope we have had someone monitoring and collating all the evidence over the past few years,if not then we really deserve every thing we get

It's a decent start, at least the club have acknowledged it.

Hopefully we're boxing clever here, the compliance officer shambles started on day one of 11/12 not this season.

We should tee up far more of these in-house sessions.

It’s a really easy way to get the message out there, without fear of tampering or poetic license.

Good interview, now get the bbc barred, give them nothing. Are the ex refs looking at incidents the old ref supervisors that used to be in the stand?....would like this clarified or are they part of the refs wee private club? Where only officials know?

I am not on Twitter can some tech savvy bear link that to Durham. On talk sport he will raise that no doubt ... here we have a national broadcaster admitting they treat a club.differently.

Some of the ex referees are still involved in the game and are fully up to date with the rules.

I know Louis Thow and Willie Young are still involved heavily with refereeing in Scotland and further afield.

Collina is still involved in working with referees for FIFA.

Well thanks for fucking my point up..... :D

Seriously though they all need to still be involved

I haven't read the whole thread but thought it was a good interview by SR. I'm not always his biggest fan.

On watching not many complaints, just awaiting the fine we will get on speaking out

I see yet again Spiers on Twitter,can't resist the opportunity to down Rangers.He is propgating the lie that The BBC wanted to come back to Ibrox, but Rangers declined.It's the exact opposite of what Stewart Robertson said,which of course he knows FFS and the club should be ramming it back down his throat.

That’s a very good interview from Robertson. Perhaps his best yet. Calm and measured but direct strong words, especially in relation to BBC Scotland.

It’s refreshing to see the club on the same page as the supporters in relation to the compliance officer issue and BBC Scotland, both of whom are treating Rangers differently from other clubs.

Why now?

Why when the league is effectively over?

This shouldve been nipped in the bud at the start of last season when we Beaton and his cohorts effectively cost us any chance after the first round of games.

This is not a new issue. Im sick fuckin tired of retrospective statements which effectively mean nothing.

Its to late. The damage is done.

It's a good statement and it all needed to be said.

The cynic in me asks if it's been released now to divert attention from the weekend.

We need to hold the SFA accountable here also. They are the overarching organisation that has allowed an external organisation to treat one of their member clubs differently.

A delegation from the club to BBC HQ in London should also be a must.

I see yet again Spiers on Twitter,can't resist the opportunity to down Rangers.He is propgating the lie that The BBC wanted to come back to Ibrox, but Rangers declined.It's the exact opposite of what Stewart Robertson said,which of course he knows FFS and the club should be ramming it back down his throat.
I’ll say it again. I’ve been utterly convinced for sometime that certain journos are on a Lawell payroll. Just look at the concerted and clearly organised attacks post 29th.

When he talked about some fans only being able to watch us on terrestrial television he should have reiterated that we have to pay for tv license so the least we can expect is impartial reporting

Excellent interview though

Re CO I still believe the only way to do it is if they re-watched the game immediately after the full-time whistle with no outside influences. The referee and somebody from both teams

Not being sexist or ought, but the fact we are referring to 'she' and 'her' when talking about governing our game, the men's game, is outrageous.

Of the many issues raised in that video you choose that as your first post on this thread? I’m embarrassed for you and would suggest you get a grip.

Regarding the video, I think Stewart Robertson comes across well and articulates the issues we face in a professional and sophisticated way. He takes a lot of flak on here but he’s done very well in that interview.

I’ll say it again. I’ve been utterly convinced for sometime that certain journos are on a Lawell payroll. Just look at the concerted and clearly organised attacks post 29th.

I might sound a paranoid wreck but often I have noticed on Twitter that Spiers and English often launch an attack on Rangers with similar viewpoints within minutes of each other, as if they have received word of what angle to go with.

No matter what Rangers do or say they will find available a negative slant.

Head shot @BBC Scotland. The ills of much of Scottish football are being laid directly at your door on this fine day and your biased reporting of our club is being outed for all to see.

I am pretty sure that this will have some sort of repercussions down south as the BBC needs to be seen to be treating everybody fairly and as an equal and that almost certainly isn't the case up here in Scotland.

We are being actively discriminated against that much is clear.

People asking why now and not earlier could this be because of the comments from Leanne Dempsey. Maybe now after the last few weeks we’re getting support from other clubs and it’s less likely to be seen as sour grapes from these clubs. We can’t defeat celtic off field without support

Am not a great fan of Stewart as MD thus far, but that was decent. At the very least it provides some comfort that the management are well aware of what is happening in this anti-Rangers climate in which we exist.

He mentioned BBC Scotland a lot - I assume that if there's an avenue for change open to us via BBC HQ then we have tried it/are trying it but it wasn't mentioned.

I would also liked him to have said something along the lines of "we have Steven Gerrard as manager, known all over the world, xm social media followers, and Rangers fans (& even Liverpool fans to catch attention down south?) are keen to hear his thoughts, but can't".

And I think he could have made more of the fact that Rangers fans are being short changed for their TV licence money.

When he was asked why the new CO was seeing things differently he said "I don't know" - I would have expected him by now to have been in contact with her to express his concerns (to put it mildly!) and to be able to say something like "I have spoken to her but....".

It is also clear to everyone that this stalemate actually SUITS BBC Scotland as they can ignore any positive stories about us, and major on any negatives & highlight them repeatedly without much dissent from the club, so why would they care if it continues? Answer - they don't.

Still, at least it's a step in the right direction...

Back