Kilmarnock Press Conference

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 52m52 minutes ago
More
SG: Alfredo is obviously available, Arfield will train this morning and we hope he will make it. Ryan Jack is still a doubt.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 51m51 minutes ago
More
SG: I'd play Jack if he wasn't 100% but I wouldn't risk his body, if he says he isn't perfect but I can pull through I would probably go with him as he is a winner, a fighter and one I trust out there.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 51m51 minutes ago
More
SG: On the evidence of yesterday's training, Alfredo can't wait to get back out there. You always miss Morelos in the incredible form he is in.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 50m50 minutes ago
More
SG: The players were very frustrated after Saturday, they know when they are not at it, they knew before I came into the dressing room that they let themselves down. We have been honest with each other and they know where they let themselves down.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 50m50 minutes ago
More
SG: Steve Clark will come with an organised side but we have to focus on our match.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 49m49 minutes ago
More
SG: The week's training heading into St Johnstone I didn't see the team with the right mentality, I saw a bit of ego before that match. This doesn't happen very often, we are usually strong. I have told the players in a very honest way that is not acceptable at Rangers.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 48m48 minutes ago
More
SG: I don't think I was brutal, I was honest. Maybe I put it across in a more obvious way but I'm not going to lie to them. The reaction shouldn't be for me it should be for the 49,000 inside Ibrox.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 47m47 minutes ago
More
SG: I love my players to bits, they have gone to places for me and the fans that was above and beyond but there have to be times when you have to tell players certain thing. It can hurt the player in the short-term but will benefit them going forward.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 47m47 minutes ago
More
SG: We need to go back to our standards, at the weekend I didn't see a proper Rangers team with the right mentality.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 46m46 minutes ago
More
SG: If I see anyone thinking they can just walk into the team I will have words. I have done it myself, had a dip in form and went into cruise control, it's my job to spot it. We have players desperate for success but we are inexperienced in terms of winning

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 45m45 minutes ago
More
AH: I've worked with managers who talk around the truth, I would take black and white truth all day.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 45m45 minutes ago
More
AH: The manager has always been fair with me, I would take the manager been truthful every time.

More
AH: In my mind, this is the biggest game of the season.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 44m44 minutes ago
More
SG: Dorrans had a setback a couple of weeks ago after doing really well, we hope it won't be too long. He will go through a process building up to playing with the team. It's very difficult at the moment to give a time. It's very frustrating for us and for him.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 42m42 minutes ago
More
SG: Sometimes you get an unlucky setback, he was on the way from his knee injury and caught one on his toe. It happens in football. Being out is the worst part of being a footballer, watching your teammates on a daily basis.

Think this is a clear statement of intent from Gerrard as well bringing Andy in with him.

Read into that what you will.

Did the Press conference end abruptly or did the Rangers twitter account just stop tweeting after SG's comments about yesterdays statement.

Halliday in for Barisic tomorrow then?

At least it looks like Dorrans was a new knock rather than reoccurence of the original injury.

More
SG: The players were very frustrated after Saturday, they know when they are not at it, they knew before I came into the dressing room that they let themselves down. We have been honest with each other and they know where they let themselves down.

More
SG: Steve Clark will come with an organised side but we have to focus on our match.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 49m49 minutes ago
More
SG: The week's training heading into St Johnstone I didn't see the team with the right mentality, I saw a bit of ego before that match. This doesn't happen very often, we are usually strong. I have told the players in a very honest way that is not acceptable at Rangers.

Wonder what he's getting at here? It's a worrying comment in all honesty.

Basically saying they were getting too cocky and needed bringing back to reality.

No player at Rangers has the right to be cocky at this moment in time.

we've seen it a few times this season, Kilmarnock away and Livi away being key examples. We need to treat every game the same

Stand to be corrected but my reading of parts of that there is an issue with some of the players in that dressing room.

Strongly suspect some of them just do not have the heart or the fight for it.

Stand to be corrected but my reading of parts of that there is an issue with some of the players in that dressing room.

Strongly suspect some of them just do not have the heart or the fight for it.

Lets hope not, because we have been here all too often the last 2 seasons.
If he has clocked theres players not cutting it mentally, he needs to get them into the stand.

Basically saying they were getting too cocky and needed bringing back to reality.

No player at Rangers has the right to be cocky at this moment in time.

If that's the case, he should have nipped it in the bud before the game on Saturday rather than bringing it up this week.

I love Gerrard but I'm really not a fan of the constant flinging players under a bus in public after every bad result. All top managers keep that sort of stuff in house and back their players in public.

I'd love to know what went through their heads to make them cocky before the St Johnstone game. It's concerning if they think they're in a good run of form.
I’d imagine a few looked at the fact Saints had lost their last 5 and thought we’d piss it

If he has clocked theres players not cutting it mentally, he needs to get them into the stand.

Gerrard said earlier in season his was peeved at some players suggesting that Celtic were miles ahead and we couldn't compete.

Had assumed it was Windass but maybe it wasn't.

I'd give Halliday a run of games at LB.

He's in no way perfect but he gives you everything and has an intensity to his game, Borna is struggling just now.

We need to win tomorow night, our season is over if we lose.

I'd have Halliday in. What has happened to Lee Wallace as well, not even in the matchday squads for first or reserve sides.

I'd have Halliday in. What has happened to Lee Wallace as well, not even in the matchday squads for first or reserve sides.

The manager clearly doesn't rate him.

Would have been better for Lee to go out on loan in January.

It’s criminal that Halliday was dropped
After that OF where he was the one to set the tempo for the win it should’ve been him at LB all season barring injury or suspension

Would love to see LW back involved but won’t happen I don’t think

It’s criminal that Halliday was dropped
After that OF where he was the one to set the tempo for the win it should’ve been him at LB all season barring injury or suspension

Would love to see LW back involved but won’t happen I don’t think

after saturday, I think it will be clear to the manager that Barisic has wasted his chance

Just f*cking do it Gers. I've really taken to Gerrard and he speaks well and honestly. A no-show tomorrow would be an absolute hammer blow to us, our season and to the manager too. It's up to him to get that across and dispose of these c*nts.

If that's the case, he should have nipped it in the bud before the game on Saturday rather than bringing it up this week.

I love Gerrard but I'm really not a fan of the constant flinging players under a bus in public after every bad result. All top managers keep that sort of stuff in house and back their players in public.

Watch the press conference rather than the snippets, he really isn't throwing anyone under the bus.

Last edited:
Foderingham
Tavernier
Goldson
Worrall
Halliday
Kamara
Jack
Arfield
Kent
Morelos
Candeias

Team I would go for, and team I think Gerrard will go for if all fit

Don’t see McCrorie being dropped unless he’s injured. We need a physical presence in the middle.

What reason did the players have to feel cocky coming off the back of a poor draw against Kilmarnock?

I agree that Halliday should come back in. Barisic isn't cutting it and looks a major downgrade on Declan John.

[B]Rangers Football Club[/B]‏Verified account @[B]RangersFC[/B] 48m48 minutes ago
More
SG: I don't think I was brutal, I was honest. Maybe I put it across in a more obvious way but I'm not going to lie to them. The reaction shouldn't be for me it should be for the 49,000 inside Ibrox.

More
SG: I love my players to bits, they have gone to places for me and the fans that was above and beyond but there have to be times when you have to tell players certain thing. It can hurt the player in the short-term but will benefit them going forward.

More
SG: We need to go back to our standards, at the weekend I didn't see a proper Rangers team with the right mentality.
The middle quote must relate to Candeis IMO. No one doubts he gives us his all but his lack of composure in the big moments is killing us. That chance simply had to be,at least, on target.

My fear is he has tried to put them in the stand but through injuries and suspensions he’s had to play them.
Also have the fear many of them have no where near his level of desire and fight let alone his ability.

He would only be doing that if it was one or two individual players and he named them, but that's not the case; whatever he told them individually neither you or I know, so you're wrong there. The team did not play well at the weekend and they play for Steven Gerrard; what else would you expect of him than to be upfront and perfectly candid with the players?

Back