Celtic to be sued in the US over abuse(The Sun)

I think, should there be no charges forthcoming from the SFA once the true extent of the horror is known, that we must pursue them.

This is an organisation which deemed administration as bringing the game into disrepute, yet they may choose to remain silent on a decades long paedophile ring, acknowledged in court 20 years ago as an open secret. If ever we needed proof of disparity of treatment, that would be it.

Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

This is wishful thinking. There is little to indicate the SFA have the appetite or the wherewithal. I think some are getting carried away. I doubt there will be any consequence for Celtic. I hope I'm wrong.

This is wishful thinking. There is little to indicate the SFA have the appetite or the wherewithal. I think some are getting carried away. I doubt there will be any consequence for Celtic. I hope I'm wrong.

Don’t the SFA and them share the same lawyer company? Could be mistaken.

When you consider Rodgers sudden midseason departure, their 5 short term loan players, the amount of players that won't be there come June and the lack of funds spent on the team despite the supposed 30m in the bank you've got to wonder if the possible costly outcome of these compo claims are having a major bearing on the direction that clubs taking

I seem to recall that the Public Liability cover the company I used to be a director of, had a USA exclusion in its normal T&C's. You had to pay additional premium to to get USA cover.

As it was a shipping company which shipped quite a lot to the USA, we had to pay additional premiums for USA cover. Would St Pats ever have foreseen the need for USA cover at whatever point they took out their PL cover?
You're spot-on, Grommitt. CFC may not have told their broker about the kids tour, or not elected to buy USA cover. Let's hope not.

Imagine they got relegated to the 3rd division

actually sit and imagine it for a minute

nicolas-cage-fells-good-con-air-head-space-1409843288n.gif

Even if they cover it all Up and let it keep happening ??
I doubt it very much!!
Robbie, CFC may face significant coverage issues, not least claim reporting conditions (late notice causing prejudice to insurers). But the 'cover up' post-dates the 'occurrence(s)' & won't vitiate cover alone.

Sadly I can't see it going beyond a few out of court settlements. They're just too well protected.

Don't be sure, Mark Daley isn't the only journalist making a documentary about this. Remember there is a a bigger picture here with links to Bennell and Crewe Alex. Remember the difference the Hillsborough Disaster documentary made to the victims of that cover up.
There is a lot of stuff going on in the background that won't be made public in the short term.

They are in serious trouble over this.There is now a substantial amount of cases pending against them and the Scottish lawyers involved have met with their American counterparts to discuss the way forward. Brady and Macari to name but two are already on the lawyers list of potential witnesses to the abuse. Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

There are various films and news articles from the past which quite clearly state the boys club were an integral part of the set up at Parkhead.

The media and the politicians are very reluctant to make official comment on these cases as they don’t want to be seen to be putting live ongoing cases in jeopardy.

There is a juggernaut heading their way, and no amount of denial or deflection will stop it.

I really want to believe what you are saying. The SFA part just seems like something that would never happen.

Ian Maxwell wasn’t appointed for his business acumen or his organisational skills

Imagine they got relegated to the 3rd division

actually sit and imagine it for a minute

we should be demanding it with protests at hampden

Not good enough for me. I no longer recognise the filth as a football club. It's an organisation that's purpose, since its very conception, has been to serve at any given time, the religious intolerance, financial greed and/or sexual perversions of the prominent figures within it. It hides behind a football strip.

Nope, Div 3 would be a temporary slap on the wrists. They'd most likely work their way back up within a few years and without question continue to pollute Scottish society forevermore. Funded and enabled by their brainwashed and bigoted flock.

I want them disbanded.

I know this is never going to happen.

Last edited:
I really want to believe what you are saying. The SFA part just seems like something that would never happen.

Couple of thoughts for you, who was the president of the SFA when the Kearney trip happened and that cover up took place? May I add this persons wiki page has disappeared along with another prominent former celtic chairman which is strange.

Another one for you, who was the finance controller at celtic when the Million pound payment was made to torbett when he was convicted the first time?

Imagine if there was evidence out there that proved the President of the SFA and the finance controller at celtic at that time were complicit in the cover?

It would be armageddon for not just the club but also the SFA. I can assure all those protecting the guilty at the moment will soon want to distance themselves from them if that happens.

I think, should there be no charges forthcoming from the SFA once the true extent of the horror is known, that we must pursue them.

This is an organisation which deemed administration as bringing the game into disrepute, yet they may choose to remain silent on a decades long paedophile ring, acknowledged in court 20 years ago as an open secret. If ever we needed proof of disparity of treatment, that would be it.
The SFA are complicit in this, they had Jack McGinn as treasurer and chairman whilst pedophiles were active and being convicted.

Anyone suggesting that Jack McGinn did not discuss this or know about this at CFC whilst he was in charge at the SFA not being truthful.

The SFA are complicit in this, they had Jack McGinn as treasurer and chairman whilst pedophiles were active and being convicted.

Anyone suggesting that Jack McGinn did not discuss this or know about this at CFC whilst he was in charge at the SFA not being truthful.

And would the finance controller of celtic not want to know why he was signing a million pound cheque for a convicted paedophile?

Couple of thoughts for you, who was the president of the SFA when the Kearney trip happened and that cover up took place? May I add this persons wiki page has disappeared along with another prominent former celtic chairman which is strange.

Another one for you, who was the finance controller at celtic when the Million pound payment was made to torbett when he was convicted the first time?

Imagine if there was evidence out there that proved the President of the SFA and the finance controller at celtic at that time were complicit in the cover?

It would be armageddon for not just the club but also the SFA. I can assure all those protecting the guilty at the moment will soon want to distance themselves from them if that happens.

Was it not a payment of £250k per year to The Tophy Centre for 4 years after Torbett went to jail rather than a one-off payment?

That’s an incredible number of those wee plastic football trophies.

Not good enough for me. I no longer recognise the filth as a football club. It's an organisation that's purpose, since its very conception, has been to serve at any given time, the religious intolerance, financial greed and/or sexual perversions of the prominent figures within it. It hides behind a football strip.

Nope, Div 3 would be a temporary slap on the wrists. They'd most likely work their way back up within a few years and without question continue to pollute Scottish society forevermore. Funded and enabled by their brainwashed and bigoted flock.

I want them disbanded.

Don't be sure, Mark Daley isn't the only journalist making a documentary about this. Remember there is a a bigger picture here with links to Bennell and Crewe Alex. Remember the difference the Hillsborough Disaster documentary made to the victims of that cover up.
There is a lot of stuff going on in the background that won't be made public in the short term.

Is this something you know or speculation?

With a bit of luck the entire SFA will crumble and we could get a passport to the English leagues.

Was it not a payment of £250k per year to The Tophy Centre for 4 years after Torbett went to jail rather than a one-off payment?

Was it not four separate cheques ?

If so, four reasons to question .....

Apologies I was just quoting the big figure, a certain ceo will be worrying about signing payments off. ;-)

I would imagine

I would imagine with all this adding up and looking to come to a head soon that this was a big part of Brenda leaving so quick and not wanting associated with the fall out that’s about to happen

And TLB happy to be associated with it.

Is this something you know or speculation?

With a bit of luck the entire SFA will crumble and we could get a passport to the English leagues.

I have no reason to doubt the person who told me about that stuff, he is very heavily involved with some of the survivors families and survivors.

Not trying to play the big I am but I know people think things have gone quiet and just wanted people to know that a lot of stuff is happening in the background.

Is this why McGinn didn’t sign for the Poops.

Was it not four separate cheques ?

If so, four reasons to question .....
As ever in crime

1. Follow the money (who authorised it)

2. Who knew what and when did they know it.

Get to the bottom of these two questions and you will be closer to understanding the truth.

Lawwell was only the signature on the checks but who told him to make it happen?

£250,000 for 4 years to a convicted paedophile’s company whilst he is in jail after being involved in some capacity at CFC and abusing kids in some capacity at CFC.

Money laundering or hush money - take your pick, but certainly not a legitimate business expense which now puts Lawwell in the frame for fraud because his name, in the capacity of financial controller, is on the cheque.

HMRC
Companies House

Both of these two institutions should be crawling all over this.

As ever in crime

Get to the bottom of these two questions and you will be closer to understanding the truth.

Lawwell was only the signature on the checks but who told him to make it happen?

£250,000 for 4 years to a convicted paedophile’s company whilst he is in jail after being involved in some capacity at CFC and abusing kids in some capacity at CFC.

Money laundering or hush money - take your pick, but certainly not a legitimate business expense which now puts Lawwell in the frame for fraud because his name, in the capacity of financial controller, is on the cheque.

HMRC
Companies House

Who owned Barrowfield during the Torbett years?

As ever in crime

HMRC
Companies House

Money Laundering or Hush money?

Unfortunately, the truth is far less interesting. The trophy centre did not only supply their trophy needs, it had a contract to supply every single piece of merchandise to them. Whether there was value for money it, nepotism in the tendering process as a sweetner or not is certainly up for debate but unfortunately it is a little bit of a red herring and dead end.

Unfortunately, the truth is far less interesting. The trophy centre did not only supply their trophy needs, it had a contract to supply every single piece of merchandise to them. Whether there was value for money it, nepotism in the tendering process as a sweetner or not is certainly up for debate but unfortunately it is a little bit of a red herring and dead end.
Doubt it.

Round figures on invoices and exactly the same amount for 4 years running is definitely a red flag for any auditors.

Wouldn’t there be more of an invoice trail and monthly statements for that service than individual single payments on a yearly basis ?

Wouldn’t there be more of an invoice trail and monthly statements for that service than individual single payments on a yearly basis ?

the trophy centre did supply all of cfc's merchandise. How the 2 of them decided to structure the payments would be entirely down to them. There is certainly mileage in WHY they got that contract, but it was not a simple payoff in return for a handful of trophies.

They are in serious trouble over this.There is now a substantial amount of cases pending against them and the Scottish lawyers involved have met with their American counterparts to discuss the way forward. Brady and Macari to name but two are already on the lawyers list of potential witnesses to the abuse. Furthermore the SFA are looking at the potential of charging Celt*c with bringing the game into disrepute as all and sundry at Parkhead knew what was going on and failed to protect the kids.

There are various films and news articles from the past which quite clearly state the boys club were an integral part of the set up at Parkhead.

The media and the politicians are very reluctant to make official comment on these cases as they don’t want to be seen to be putting live ongoing cases in jeopardy.

There is a juggernaut heading their way, and no amount of denial or deflection will stop it.
I don`t know how you know this as you seem very confident.

I`ll take you at your word and truly hope this to be the case.

the trophy centre did supply all of cfc's merchandise. How the 2 of them decided to structure the payments would be entirely down to them. There is certainly mileage in WHY they got that contract, but it was not a simple payoff in return for a handful of trophies.
So a paedo associated with the club that is just put in jail wins a contract from his prison cell - wow

So a paedo associated with the club that is just put in jail wins a contract from his prison cell - wow

You are misunderstanding my post completely.

His firm were awarded a legitimate contract. Whether they should or not? whether a tendering process was involved or not? they are legitimate questions that really need to be answered.

It is not just as simple as calling it a million quid of hush money, as tantalising as the thought is.

It's pretty clear that club operated as a paedo ring that got together for a kick-about once a week.

Yet very, very few of their fans - the same ones that were banging on about 'betrayal' and being in tears at work about Brenda leaving - give the remotest shit about what went on. Still happy to tramp around in their filthy hoops that stand for little more than terrorism and child abuse.

I can't see this happening. We know how this works in Scotland. Non-disclosure payouts, if anything, will be the worst that the Peasants will face. Forget the SFA taking any action either. The most important issue is that the victims get justice.

Entirely feasible.

As I understand it those payments started the year after Torbett was sentenced. Anyone know what the amounts paid to The Trophy Centre were in the years immediately before he went to jail? If they are consistent with the £250k pa, or close to it, then it would make sense. If not ....

I want them disbanded.

I know this is never going to happen.
I agree with this 100%

Great post.

I dount anything will happen from this.

Wishful thinking by some posters but they are untouchable (pardon the pun)

Entirely feasible.

As I understand it those payments started the year after Torbett was sentenced. Anyone know what the amounts paid to The Trophy Centre were in the years immediately before he went to jail? If they are consistent with the £250k pa, or close to it, then it would make sense. If not ....

If anyone were to look into it, and it is probably worth doing, simply looking at cash paid out would not be a great indicator on it's own. They may have spent an extra £100k and made an extra £500k. It would need forensically looked at. With the wealth of evidence, is there anything worth gleaning from it that is not already known and in the public domain?

I'd love nothing more than these slimy baastards to be totally exposed UK wide for what they are, they are so well protected in Scotland but outwith this rancid wee country there is not a lot of love for them despite them thinking they have speshul friendships.

I`d wager easier to cover up in the accounts, rather than a big, one-off payment.

If anyone were to look into it, and it is probably worth doing, simply looking at cash paid out would not be a great indicator on it's own. They may have spent an extra £100k and made an extra £500k. It would need forensically looked at. With the wealth of evidence, is there anything worth gleaning from it that is not already known and in the public domain?

I suppose what I’m getting at is if in previous years the payments were precise amounts, including down to the penny, and were nowhere near the £250k figure paid in lump sums subsequent to his conviction it would look a bit ‘odd’. Whether anything could actually be made of that revelation is a different thing though.

Back