Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

15 mins left - can we do it?

Needs a miracle given how far we’ve sunk in this game
no chance, this team doesn't have the stones to take this game & Gerrard doesn't have the knowledge. Not watching any more but is he sitting on the bench with his chin in his jacket?

Big summer ahead but Gerrard has to show more. I don't want to be too critical as its his first season in top flight management.

If his end game is eventually taking over Liverpool then his audition isnt going too well so far.

The goodwill for the European run has run out I'm afraid.

the "we need a reaction" is becoming similar to Warburton's "we'll learn from this" sadly :(

we can't play 4-3-3 all the time because it won't work in every game, most managers know you need a few tactical plans because people will finally figure it out and stop your team

His recruitment in January was pathetic brought us a striker who was never going to replace Morelos and a has been at center mid

We need a center mid that can create and score he fails to do this

We have truly fucked this season up

Were we going to replace Morelos in Jan?

Gerrard has one transfer window to show he can change this.

Big summer ahead of him.

I've said from the start of the 55 express that we needed to spend 20 mil' on the team in the two transfer windows to have a chance.
That didn't happen
I still think we need to spend 20+ on a team for next season
Looking at SG's transfer record, not sure I trust him with that kind of money

Gerrard has to take some of the flak here. The team he set out should have been good enough. However, they appear lacking in motivation , winning mentality and talent.

So repetitive and predictable. And yet again we're not the hungrier of the two teams.

How can we destroy Celtc like we did last December and be so weak and poor in games like this.

the "we need a reaction" is becoming similar to Warburton's "we'll learn from this" sadly :(

we can't play 4-3-3 all the time because it won't work in every game, most managers know you need a few tactical plans because people will finally figure it out and stop your team
Early on it seemed Gerrard seemed to be having a stinker of a first half until he gave the team the hairdryer treatment at half time and they got their act together. Now it seems it's either not happening or it's not working.

To succeed in Scottish football you either have to be able to match up physically with opposing teams, or be so technically superior that the skill factor eventually wins out over physicality. This current Rangers team are lacking in both areas - I could also add lack of bottle but what the hell.

This seasons over - we can only hope that Gerrard has learned important lessons from the shambles and can mount a more serious challenge next year.

And the worst of it is, the scum will roll Aberdeen over with absolute ease. They have their treble treble now.
To be honest we weren’t going to beat them either. Instead of gaining confidence after the last of game and trying to kick on we have been dreadful in any tricky game since. Still a team full of bottle merchants.

My first thought when Defoe and Laugherty came on was of Caixinha tactics when all lost. All plans out the window and team rhythm fecked.
I have not felt so dispirited since those dark days. Disgusted.
Just realised the Sheep player coming off is only 17.

We can’t break down well organised teams, all our creativity comes through our right back and even then the delivery is abysmal more often than not. We have a serious problem when facing Aberdeen, the fact that the writing was on the wall when they scored 3 minutes in says it all.

Also Barisic is a bomb scare, I hate to admit it, but he has been disappointing at best and everything is coming down his side tonight.

Back