Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

I've been banging the same drum all season
It is up to Dave King and the Rangers Board to properly finance a Rangers manager to get a title winning team on the pitch.
Given that financial disparity that will require big hitters investing, it won't be done by selling a few extra strips
That doesn't was wash, Aberdeen have now fucked us out of both cups and they don't have anywhere near the money, fan base selling out the stadium or the facilities we have at our disposal.
We're just not very good and players hide when the going gets tough

So sheepie enjoy their cup final win against us again but we all know they wont give this level of performance against the orcs but then again the ref wont be on their side in that game

Don't agree with this. We were all ecstatic when Stevie G was brought in. I still believe it was the right decision and while tonight is a sore one and Management must be hammered after tonight, knee jerk reactions are not what's needed. The Management team need another transfer window to get things right.
I agree, but it won’t be a popular opinion tonight. Understandably......

Absolutely no excuses for tonight. Complete shambles all over the park and both management and players need to shoulder the blame.

Some huge decisions coming up shortly. Do we trust Gerrard with the cheque book, given that he has not shown many signs of learning his craft this season? Who do we keep out of this load of bottle merchants? Who will be responsible for identification of targets? No one at Ibrox is coming out of this season looking good. It’s time to stop fannying about and for those in charge at Rangers to start showing some leadership and start making good decisions. We’ve had 3 seasons of this shite and we are no further forward than we were when we were signing the likes of Barton and Senderos.

Gerrard First season yes, but there has to be major cause for concern - We have the players but don’t seem to have the tactics or style to break down stubborn teams. Why are we not shooting more from outside the box, why are we not taking on people in the middle of the park via slick 1,2s , why are we not running at defenders and inviting free kicks - we seem to be trying to do the great play too much and not the simple play

A poster got slagged rotten when Aberdeen scored after 3-minutes for saying “that’ll be that then” or words to that effect!
I tell you what he was spot on.
That’s the worst thing about the result for me, letting them score first. Christ if there’s one team not do that against it’s that bunch of cloggers.

That was pathetic.

We can't go changing things again but Gerrard really isn't making it easy to back him. Same mistakes time after time, schooled tactically by Derek McInnes again.

At first I thought there has been positives from games where we've lost or drew as we've dominated possession but it's starting to look like part of the opposition game plan to just let us play as we are absolutely devoid of ideas and lack the quality to do anything with it.

Sit back, let us play in your half and catch us on the break.

Did you watch the 90minutes by chance? The ref was a fuckin disgrace and stupid cun*s like you making it out like it’s fine gives us zero chance of fighting our corner against them.
We could play all night and not have scored, we were poor, out fought and very very predictable, even Mcinnes can see that and he’s hardly Pep Guardiola is he.

Toothless performance.

We lacked the killer pass most of the season and failing to address that in January has resulted in our season ending tonight.

Our losses against Aberdeen this year have played out exactly the same way. We should have learned from the other games. Was always going to be tough after losing the early goal.

I would let Defoe go at the end of the season. I don't see the point of him being here. Big Laff needs to move on in the summer as well.

Arfield is a decent player but has no pace. We seen that a good few times tonight.

I really can't anything positive to say about tonight.

Our manager asked for us to try different options in the final 3rd, we done the same. Cross in the box for one striker against't 3 defenders and who is extremely good in the air

Gerrard gave Aberdeen their team talks for the season against us coming out with the shite that we're a class apart from them at the start of the season. Done little to show it now in three cup matches. Disgraceful.

I was still in work when Aberdeen scores early.

“Ah, that’s it then” I muttered ruefully.

“Don’t be daft, 87 mins to go” etc etc said my English colleagues.

They didn’t know what I know.

We’re pathetic. We don’t have it in us. We’ll be served up the same bullshit from our losers. Tav will come out and say it’s unacceptable and we’ll need a reaction. A loser like most of his team mates. The thought of seeing him lift a trophy as Rangers captain is pure science fiction.

I’m glad it’s not for me to fix though. We can’t burn everything down and start again. But I for one have given up any pretence of seeing us as genuine top dogs any time soon.

We always needed to win a cup before being serious league contenders. We needed our players to feel what that was like. Again they capitulated like cowards.

You can talk about Celtic needing a massive rebuild in the summer. But they go into the next season as, almost certainly, ‘treble treble’ winners. And we’re meant to overhaul that with a team which can’t even get past Aberdeen to get to finals?

This game is why Scottish football is so backwater , no football is played hack the guy with the ball ,boot into opponents half then repeat

Difficult to comprehend tonight but we we are progressing.

It is however a results driven business and SG will need a very good start next season otherwise extreme difficulty will be to the fore.

That was a joke, we were shocking tonight, there is no creativity in the team whatsoever and we rely too heavily on Alfie for goals.

Folk on here continually slag Shinnie and Mckenna yet both would improve us drastically.

100%

Good wee player but hes not the talisman/big game player we desperately need.

Take £15m and replace the front 3

It is as much our one dimensional game plan, Gerrard doesn't have a clue how to change us.

He fell onto a winning formula playing with Morleos up top, he got found out and we've been f uc ked ever since.

They should’ve been down to 9 - that’s my fuckin out - if the opposition are allowed to boot fuc* out us foul after foul and the ref illegally lets them away with it when we try to play football then what chance do we have. You wake up. Twat.
You want to give up, if you really want to continue blaming refs instead of our completely inadequate team then batter on, we should be able to beat 11 of them, absolutely fúcking delusional.

Not sure how anyone can say that Gerard was schooled again when he sent the team out in the exact same shape with the same game plan that has failed all too often this season.

That is not being schooled that is being completely naïve. Warburton was absolutely slaughtered for not having a plan B.

We can't afford to keep changing Manager but he has to learn and up until now he has shown zero sign that he is learning from mistakes.

Running out of patience with this team. Only so many times you can blame the officials. Not sure the majority have the mentality to play a full season for us. I know it was a big turnaround in the summer but we're well into

It's been brutal since early December, having three weeks to lap up the win against the mentally challengeds let us get carried away.

Back