Match Thread Rangers v Aberdeen - 19:45 Tuesday - Periscope Loyal

Please divulge what team and formation ypu would have put out instead?

your question is annoying.

i am not paid to be manager of rangers, he is.

it's his job to outthink the competing manager. he failed today big time.

it was obvious. did we even have a clear cut chance?

he selects the same personnel and sets them up the same way. that's not management. that's amateur.

everyone and their dog knew the sheep would come to frustrate and park the bus. mcinnes owned him today. he made gerrard look like an amateur manager with NO answers.

We could play all night and not have scored, we were poor, out fought and very very predictable, even Mcinnes can see that and he’s hardly Pep Guardiola is he.
It’s the hibs game over again - if they’re refereed properly it’s a different game.
Being allowed to continuously foul with zero punishment makes makes it very easy for a shite team like Aberdeen or Hibs to play - they go out with the gloves off, yet Morelos does one thing wrong and gets booked.

3 times we’ve played Aberdeen in Glasgow this season and we haven’t even scored a goal against them. That is fucking atrocious and the manager deserves all the stick he’s about to get.

I’ve got a few other views about certain players in our squad but now isn’t the time to share them.

I want to see changes after this game, meaningful changes too. We can’t continually put out the same formation and players and expect it to work.
Same formation every game then we go 2 goals down tonight and he plays with 3 strikers and no width.

You want to give up, if you really want to continue blaming refs instead of our completely inadequate team then batter on, we should be able to beat 11 of them, absolutely fúcking delusional.
How can you beat a team that are officiated to a separate standard? You’ve not answered one point made regarding the main man tonight - the ref.

I can't be the only one who had a bad feeling about tonight?
The players are a mirror image of our board. They have no balls. We let the media piss over us and we take it.... Our players have no backbone either. Is this really Rangers ?

That doesn't was wash, Aberdeen have now fucked us out of both cups and they don't have anywhere near the money, fan base selling out the stadium or the facilities we have at our disposal.
We're just not very good and players hide when the going gets tough
Got to agree 100% with that even though it goes against the grain.

So sheepie enjoy their cup final win against us again but we all know they wont give this level of performance against the orcs but then again the ref wont be on their side in that game
Orcs have better players especially wide players to take on their packed defence.

Don't agree with this. We were all ecstatic when Stevie G was brought in. I still believe it was the right decision and while tonight is a sore one and Management must be hammered after tonight, knee jerk reactions are not what's needed. The Management team need another transfer window to get things right.
yet again he had to change it at ht to try and throw them a bit, the subs coming on after they scored their 2nd was like a very bad comedy sketch as predictable as you will see, this really not working out well for gerrard and i am stunned about how bad he is at changing it, a theme that is happening all the time.

Your at the wind up,
Wish I was

Every team hits a slump and were in one right now. What do you want. Give up the season in March? Call for the manager to be fired. Nah, ive had enough of that in recent years.

What I dont get is everybody, and I mean everybody, said when Gerrard was hired, "he will need time." "There will be rocky periods ahead", "it wont be plain sailing" "we need to be patient" etc, etc, etc, Yet the first sign of trouble we collectively lose the plot (I dont mean you specifically)

Sorry, it might not be a popular opinion (whining is much easier), but ill keep hoping we turn things around. Otherwise theres not much point paying RTV to watch the rest of the season ...

Has been all season. Apart from 1 game, all they've needed is 2 big lumps at CB and it nullifies any attack we have.

Thing is though, if we had players playing that way they would be sent off with these cheats of referees. May shouldnt have been on the park to get a second yellow which the cheat bottled out of giving him.

I usually look at games like this from a "glass half full" angle, however the glass has been fuked off the wall and it's fuking empty and shattered - a bit like I'm feeling right now.

There are no positives to take from that, personally I'm frustrated with Barisic more than anyone else, he just didn't do his jobs at all.

There's always the League, with the miniscule chance that we have left for the title this season!

No bravery
Embarrassing, lost every individual battle. Apart from Old Firm game at Ibrox ,this team have bottled it when pressure is on. Need strengthening with players who will battle to win. Players need to show us they can improve in remaining games. If not, ship them out.

£7m net spend was it someone said????

£7m to be dumped out of both cups by a “shïte manager”

£7m to get 1 win, 2 draws and 3 defeats from the sheep.

Bring on the panty wetting accusations but whilst your at it - defend our performances/results against substandard opposition???!!!

These are not 1-off games so save the money doesn’t bring success pïsh either.

5 games against the sheep = 1 win
3 games against Hibs = 0 wins
5 games against killie = 2 wins

I've always thought we were too big a club for a rookie manager. I didn't want to believe it but it's always been there at the back of my mind. I love Stevie G but we're too big for him. Look at Lampard, went to the championship, not too much pressure, works at his craft. We're too big for a rookie and he's just going to sully his name, and ours.

It’s the hibs game over again - if they’re refereed properly it’s a different game.
Being allowed to continuously foul with zero punishment makes makes it very easy for a shite team like Aberdeen or Hibs to play - they go out with the gloves off, yet Morelos does one thing wrong and gets booked.
Considine should’ve got booked earlier for persistent fouling but once again we played into there hands as the sheep centre half gets MOTM

Same old story.

Gerrard clueless tactically again. Only seems to know one formation & the only change he can muster to chase a game is the same change a child could make i.e. chuck on another striker. Will he learn?

We really miss McCrorie is these games due to his physicality. I assume he must be injured because he wasn't on the bench.

Might sound like a broken record but Jack is not good enough to play every week. A squad player at best & we badly need an upgrade in this area. Albeit I said that last summer.

Also obvious that with Morelos off form, we toil badly and dont look like scoring. On a side point, Morelos needs a word in his ear as his diving is seriously embarrassing

your question is annoying.

i am not paid to be manager of rangers, he is.

it's his job to outthink the competing manager. he failed today big time.

it was obvious. did we even have a clear cut chance?

he selects the same personnel and sets them up the same way. that's not management. that's amateur.

everyone and their dog knew the sheep would come to frustrate and park the bus. mcinnes owned him today. he made gerrard look like an amateur manager with NO answers.
You mean our best team? Same team that scored a rake of goals consecutively a few games ago not conceding . Well I wonder why he picked that team.

%^*& you just agreed with me seen as you took £5M off his price tag since 7.44 tonight
Agreeing with you was absolutely the furthest thing from my mind.
I was thinking that I wish we had more £15m liabilities and that to have a £15m player and call him a liability, is inane.

As one of the very vocal “anyone but McInnes” crew on FF, I find it totally embarrassing that he has so easily outmaneuvered Gerrard so often this season. The gaffer may be a rookie, but to have not worked it out after so many goes is a bit baffling to me. Time to sharpen up Mr Gerrard. The honeymoon is now well and truly over.

%^*& Aberdeen. %^*& McInnes. %^*& Kevin Clancy. %^*& being so predictable. %^*& playing 4-3-3 where 2 of the front 3 don't score. %^*& watching the same horror show season after season. %^*& the spineless excuses for players on the park tonight who've let us down yet again. %^*& dominating possession but shitting the bed in the final third. %^*& spending decent amounts on players who've contributed sum total of hee-haw when it matters. %^*& Morelos hitting his poorest run of form to date at the worst possible time. %^*& seeing they manky pricks stroll to another treble. %^*& this dreadful feeling of negativity that's gonna hang over most of us for the rest of this week after this shocker.

Gerrard probably deserves to be in that list too but am sure there will be plenty of others along shortly to start calling for his head. He will get next season but the improvement has to be clear and swift.

Not sure how anyone can say that Gerard was schooled again when he sent the team out in the exact same shape with the same game plan that has failed all too often this season.

That is not being schooled that is being completely naïve. Warburton was absolutely slaughtered for not having a plan B.

We can't afford to keep changing Manager but he has to learn and up until now he has shown zero sign that he is learning from mistakes.
Albert Einstein said that that's insanity.Doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.I fear as a club we're not a kick in the backside away from this now.

Sometimes these players make me fūcking sick.

No ideas, no guts, no fight, no shame.

And then in a game that means next to nothing, they'll put it all on the line!

There needs to be a collective arse booting after tonight and some players need to be told they are walking themselves to another Club.

This is what I’m talking about when I say the criticism is embarrassing.
We cannot, simply cannot, sack the manager every bad season, even if you consider the season on the whole to be bad.

It was a big ask to win the league this season and or the cup. But both were doable.

Is it the players fault, the managers or a combination?

Al be honest I think the squad we have was capable of winning the league. I don't know what exactly that says about Gerrard.

I do know that if we meet Aberdeen again early next season and get beat again I will be calling for him to go. No doubt about it.

It's up to him to earn the right to keep going. He has currently, but he is making hard hard work of it.

How can you beat a team that are officiated to a separate standard? You’ve not answered one point made regarding the main man tonight - the ref.
The refs performance isn't the main issue, yes he was poor but if you are a good team who can score goals and break down teams then you will score enough to win a game regardless of the ref, the whole ref blaming is becoming tiresome, it's time to start looking at our team, we are not good enough, the inconsistency is frightening at times.

I am gutted after that. And hurting. We have far too many players who lack the heart and mentality to play for Rangers. Our managers keeps repeating himself after every setback but doesn’t appear to be learning.
Meanwhile, back at The Chamber of Secrets, a team who are there for the taking have been let right off the hook by our ineptitude.
It’s back to the drawing board again this summer and we can’t afford to make the same mistakes again. Gerrard needs to learn how to win awkward, difficult matches in Scottish football and learn fast. Or we face mediocrity for a very long time.

Sorry I was thinking of the Kilmarnock midweek cup game, you're right it was a Sunday and was on live.
Thought so. Normally if I have heavy night on the lash I can sleep in and watch the game when I get up (around noon or 5pm UK time) Not last Sunday though, so there were restrictions

The refs performance isn't the main issue, yes he was poor but if you are a good team who can score goals and break down teams then you will score enough to win a game regardless of the ref, the whole ref blaming is becoming tiresome, it's time to start looking at our team, we are not good enough, the inconsistency is frightening at times.
It was a penalty in the first half and Morelos got booked use your brain and open your eyes ffs

This is what I’m talking about when I say the criticism is embarrassing.
We cannot, simply cannot, sack the manager every bad season, even if you consider the season on the whole to be bad.

I am witnessing progress with my own eyes , both at home and many away games.

Personally, I think SG is tremendous for our club but the beginning of next season is going to bring extreme pressure. Needs to replicate EL Group stage success and have a commanding start to the season otherwise he is going to struggle. That's the truth of it.

Can we produce a stellar end to the season? Nothing suggests we are capable of it right now, that's also the truth of it.

Back