Barasic

He genuinely wasn't the worst tonight. I counted at least 3 occasions where he made a good overlapping run and Kent / Kamara completely ignored him.

I wish he'd drive forward more himself though because he's got a wand of a left foot.

This guy surely isn’t the same player we saw playing for Osijek? Looks like a rabbit in the headlights and bottles it from any confrontation. The boy Ferguson was giving him a mouthful in the 2nd half and he went completely into his shell. Not what we require by a long shot.

Keep hearing this. The fact is, we saw him against Tav.

He genuinely wasn't the worst tonight. I counted at least 3 occasions where he made a good overlapping run and Kent / Kamara completely ignored him.

I wish he'd drive forward more himself though because he's got a wand of a left foot.
They do ignore him....
Because he's no very good. He has nothing in him apart from a decent cross.

Eventually the penny will drop for some people, hopefully including the management, that there are certain attributes that are an absolute must for any player coming to play in this league. I mentioned on the Shinnie thread that we have a crop of players that come with extras that are nullified in this league as they don’t posess the mentality, heart or toughness to compete and win. I’ve previously held the view that it was soley lack of quality, but I’ve changed my mind. There’s a reason why the core of most of our best teams were made up of players that would run through brick walls for the club. We all know them as fans favourites. Not all of them went on to make it at any other club or at a higher level, some didn’t have the skill or extras money will buy you, but they knew what this club were all about and how to win in this country. I’m not the best at putting my thoughts into words but feel that we badly need the mentality and physicality to bully and dominate our rivals before anything else. Barisic might just be about the best example I can think of. Besides his cracking left foot he appears a very ordinary player who offers nothing in the way of passion or fight. Some were even laughing at the suggestion that Shinnie would do a better job. Big re-think required on our recruitment.

Unfortunately in our situation I think you are correct. It’s one thing having technically gifted players but you also need the players to almost play at the opposition level. Teams like Aberdeen drag our players below the level they are used to, we need players who understand their mentality and beat them at their own “game”. There is a requirement for both types of player within our squad.

Lazy maybe or still post viral from the shits he had last week. Fucking useless in my book tonight. Halliday should have been in. At least we could rely on commitment if not accurate shots or crossses.

Absolute Pish ... looks like he doesn’t want to be here... The gaffer said as much a few weeks ago.. sugar coated it by saying the artificial surface doesn’t suit... Coward

None of the players ever pass the ball to him when he is in loads of space. Major trust issues here which suggests he must be absolutely woeful altogether. This needs to be the end of this mental policy of signing players who had a couple of ‘decent’ games against us. Two games doesn’t mean he is good overall. A scout looking at a player over a season sees a player, not a rookie manager who sees two games ffs. An absolute shitebag of a player!

I thought in the first portion of the game he played well.

As others have said he was available on the overlap a lot much like previous games but not utilised often enough. It starting to. Seem like Kent actively doesn't give him the ball if possible.

He actually went past the defender a couple of times too and was looking like he was gaining confidence.

Defensively though he looked a bit soft tonight although it's hard to judge positioning when not at the game.

He looks nothing like that player who played for Osijek. A decision about him will need to be made in the summer. Looked a superstar in the making but to be fair, hes not the only one who's flattered to deceive this season.

The sale of DJ surprised me. I thought the boy was developing his defensive game pretty well later last season.

Didn't Declan John want to move back to Wales for family reasons? We obviously thought we'd have Wallace, Flanagan, Halliday and eventually Barisic to cover left back.

I think last night was the breaking point.

The fans around me have clearly had enough of his sh*tbaggery. The players (Worrall in particular) did not want to give him the ball and after the second goal were giving him absolute pelters.

I will be very surprised if he is here next season.

If I was Andy Halliday I’d be raging at having been dropped for him. Again.

The guy may have talent but he has absolutely no heart, from what I can see anyway.

Looking like a waste of cash along with his pal Eros.

Ryan Kent was really poor tonight. Don’t know how he stayed on. Great attitude the kid has but he got so much opportunity to hurt them & wasted it all. As did Candeias.
You can add another 8 players into that mate.from back to front we were fucking awful.miles away from where we want to be

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him that's for sure.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.

Yes, allowed McLennan to get the run on him and couldn't make it back in time, poor defending.

He certainly wasn't the worst out there, but appears to have the heart of a mouse.

If I was Andy Halliday I’d be raging at having been dropped for him. Again.

The guy may have talent but he has absolutely no heart, from what I can see anyway.

Looking like a waste of cash along with his pal Eros.
Andy Halliday was honking on Friday night,every cross ended up in the stand,he has no right to be raging with anyone but himself.
We should be looking for a left back in the summer,sell Barisic while he’s still in and around the Croatia squad.

He is unrecognizable from the player who started the season.
His Crossing is now garbage and he seems to have lost yards of pace.
Somethings wrong with that boy’s mentality

He was shite at the start of the season

I was shot down after calling him out after a few games and he has did nothing to change my mind.

The whole ‘Croatian international’ thing is clouding people’s judgement

He’s dross. Plain and simple. I don’t normally slaughter Rangers players, however this guy just doesn’t cut the mustard. An absolute sh1tebag. When we have a team with players of such loser mentality, we will struggle to find form and consistency.

His famous wand doesn't score or assist any goals. His wand doesn't even hit good dead ball deliveries.

Andy Halliday was honking on Friday night,every cross ended up in the stand,he has no right to be raging with anyone but himself.
We should be looking for a left back in the summer,sell Barisic while he’s still in and around the Croatia squad.
Would still have given us a better defensive platform than Barisic. Agreed re the left back.

He's not the answer. Hopefully his international status means we'll be able to sell him on at a profit.

We need tougher players all over the pitch, Barisic is just one of many who don't fit the bill.

Signing a player after watching a few videos and two games against us.

He's not better than Halliday and Halliday is never a left back.

Barišić isn't good enough, he's mentally and physically weak and his defending is abysmal.

Another waste of money.

I think last night was the breaking point.

The fans around me have clearly had enough of his sh*tbaggery. The players (Worrall in particular) did not want to give him the ball and after the second goal were giving him absolute pelters.

I will be very surprised if he is here next season.

Felt the same watching Worrall going nuts at him, Goldson done the same at one point as did McGregor.

His own team mates seem to be losing patience with him. Just can't see him turning it around, he's been a flop.

The very fact that Andy Halliday, a limited but good honest footballer, is a better bet than a cultured Croatian international tells you everything, it’s bizarre.

He looks like he is terrified every time he takes to the pitch.

Signing him after watching him a couple of times looks to have proved to be bad judgement. Sadly looking similar to the signing of O’Halleron.

Can't believe that it's the same guy who played against us in the summer. Absolutely dreadful signing and has ended up being a major downgrade on Declan John.

Halliday needs to play left back for the remainder of the season as Barisic is a waste of a jersey.

Can't believe that it's the same guy who played against us in the summer. Absolutely dreadful signing and has ended up being a major downgrade on Declan John.

Halliday needs to play left back for the remainder of the season as Barisic is a waste of a jersey.

People have forgotten the poor performances Halliday have had at LB. He was junk at Easter Road less than a week ago.

Change the formation, set up, 3-5-2. You'll get better use out of players like Barišić and Tavernier and the 4-3-3 isn't working.

I have to assume he is struggling to adapt to our game, but his body language on the pitch doesn't intimate any real desire to improve his physicality, his willingness to take the 50-50 on.

He has to play the remainder of the season to adapt, if he cant then I am afraid he doesn't have a long term future.

He is unrecognizable from the player who started the season.
His Crossing is now garbage and he seems to have lost yards of pace.
Somethings wrong with that boy’s mentality

View in my travelling group is he's got a decent contract and that's what he wanted. No interested in playing for us and certainly won't put his body on the line. Along with the Albanian highly questionable signings among many SG has signed.

People have forgotten the poor performances Halliday have had at LB. He was junk at Easter Road less than a week ago.

Change the formation, set up, 3-5-2. You'll get better use out of players like Barišić and Tavernier and the 4-3-3 isn't working.

I'm not saying Halliday is a world beater, far from it but he is definitely a better option than Barisic for the remainder of this season.

He isn't very good.

And while there seems to be this theory that if you say this then you expect the most extreme alternative like Bowman (I don't) - Barisic is a shite bag.

it won't serve him well in any league in the world how cowardice he is on the park.

He looks terrified. Don't know what it is, whether it's mentality/confidence, or whether he maybe just isn't very good.

Doubt he'll be here next season.

im sure you've defended barisic a few times recently but he is awful, so bad that i want halliday in for him. Aberdeen targeted him in the previous game and last night, barisic is a massive weak spot for us.

Back