Barasic

Agree he needs to find a heart,looking like scottish football aint for him!he is not alone,we may be better than some teams “technically “,but when they produce the physical game we struggle to combat it!!

Guy moves to a new country where he's picked up a few injuries and had a stop/start spell in and out the team.

He was nowhere near as bad as folk are making out. He was probably partly at fault for the second goal but managed to swing a few good balls into the box.

He'll come good, of that I'm sure.

When you have a player who was in such good form as Halliday you dont drop him unless he deserves to be dropped. Barisic hasnt merited his place in the team ahead of Halliday. But it seems certain players are allowed bad games while others are dropped after 1 bad performance.

Nobody notices when he wins a header, wins a tackle or puts in a good cross but my god are folk ready when he makes a mistake, he wasn't great last night but he certainly was the least of our problems, complete scapegoat

considering almost every attack, long ball and punt from their keeper was directed at him, he was a major problem for us.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him that's for sure.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.

Yup, he didn't track his runner and he scored so pretty much

When you have a player who was in such good form as Halliday you dont drop him unless he deserves to be dropped. Barisic hasnt merited his place in the team ahead of Halliday. But it seems certain players are allowed bad games while others are dropped after 1 bad performance.

Where was Halliday's good form against Hibs? He was just as bad as Barisic.

His crossing was woeful and offered nothing in an attacking sense, but it's Halliday so he gets a bye.

None of the players ever pass the ball to him when he is in loads of space. Major trust issues here which suggests he must be absolutely woeful altogether. This needs to be the end of this mental policy of signing players who had a couple of ‘decent’ games against us. Two games doesn’t mean he is good overall. A scout looking at a player over a season sees a player, not a rookie manager who sees two games ffs. An absolute shitebag of a player!
This is very noticeable.
I look at Barasic and see a scared wee boy who has been thrown into the colliseum to fight against 11 fierce and ferocious kittens and he is petrified.

He is not a good footballer. His team mates must see this. It worries me that Gerrard is playing him.

His crossing was woeful and offered nothing in an attacking sense, but it's Halliday so he gets a bye.

Your right, Halliday was indeed poor v Hibs.

Ill tell you what Halliday is not though....an absolute shitebag of the highest order scared to make a challenge or take responsibility for the ball.

For %^*& sake open your eyes man even his own team mates don't give him the ball because he can't be trusted.

One bad game. Over the course of the season halliday has produced better performances than barisic and has been one of our most consistent performers.

I don't know what happened at the 2nd goal would need to see it back, but worral was absolutely screaming at him after it. Goldson as well to an extent.

McGregor and Jack had a go at him too mate.

He let Mclennan run right off him.

The opposition Left back last night was on a different level to ours strong,quick,aggressive and solid defensively as well as good going forward lets be honest Barisic is not cut out for it and to be quite honest his body language suggests he knows it.

Everyone on here sees the same issues with Barisic. I'd punt him in the summer if we can and try bring in someone with a bit of heart.

Grezda is the same has no heart or aggression which is needed for Scottish football

The panty wetters back out in force after a bad result. Kamara and Jack were the main reason why we lost the game last night but not 1 single player in our 11 got pass marks.

Barisic is miles better than Halliday. 2nd goal was all down to Kamara getting pushed aside by Ferguson. He is solid in that challenge and Barisic and Goldson don't get exposed when they were slightly out of position. Agree with someone else in the thread who mentioned he was the only player to put a decent ball into the box for us all night

The panty wetters back out in force after a bad result. Kamara and Jack were the main reason why we lost the game last night but not 1 single player in our 11 got pass marks.

Barisic is miles better than Halliday. 2nd goal was all down to Kamara getting pushed aside by Ferguson. He is solid in that challenge and Barisic and Goldson don't get exposed when they were slightly out of position. Agree with someone else in the thread who mentioned he was the only player to put a decent ball into the box for us all night

This panty wetter seen with his own eyes from the Govan Front Barasic shirking tackles, not wanting the ball, shanking throw in after throw in directly to an opposition player and I also watched several Rangers players consider the option of passing him the ball and then turning the other way.

He also flatly refused to go further up the pitch to help Kent who had no options with 3 or 4 St Johnstone players around him.

This was St Johnstone 4 weeks ago....not last night.

He won't cut it here.

Your right, Halliday was indeed poor v Hibs.

Ill tell you what Halliday is not though....an absolute shitebag of the highest order scared to make a challenge or take responsibility for the ball.

For %^*& sake open your eyes man even his own team mates don't give him the ball because he can't be trusted.

With Halliday all his negatives are ignored because it's Andy Halliday and he's one of us, while Barisic gets his negatives pointed out. Where is the fairness there? Halliday offers nothing at left back, one good game against the tims and all his other bombscare left back performances are forgiven apparently.

Halliday and Barisic have just been as bad as each other this season, neither of them have been any better than the other.

Regarding not giving him the ball, I don't trust the players continuing to give Candeais the ball so he can blooter the ball into the stands while another option has made the run and is in space.

One bad game. Over the course of the season halliday has produced better performances than barisic and has been one of our most consistent performers.

Has he? One game against the tims. That's it. Barisic has been consistent defensively, people have said he had a bad game against Greg Stewart, but other than that, how many games can you point out he had stinkers and the wingers got the better of him?

Sorry Barisic is absolutely phoning it in as a Rangers player, that’s why he’s being criticised.

I can take players not having ability, but when they’re jogging back, refusing to make angles when attacking and shirking challenges I can’t go it. His own players were openly exasperated with him last night.

Compare this with the treatment Tav , who never hides even if playing poorly, gets from a lot of our fans and it shows there’s something not right with peoples opinions of players.

Halliday isn’t the answer at left back either btw but that doesn’t excuse Barasic’s antics. Mentally weak.

Personally, for me he isn't playing anywhere near as good as he can (this applies to almost everyone, though). However, people are going overboard on both directions with Halliday and Barisic. Halliday isn't been anywhere near as good as people like to think and Barisic hasn't been anywhere near as bad as people think, the truth is, they have basically been playing the same. I understand the fact that Barisic is a left back can alter the judgement.

Foreign players don't always hit the ground running and unless they are absolutely god awful I believe they are allowed a first season write off.

I seen Worrall balling at Barisic at the 2nd goal when I personally thought it was Joe and Kamara that was poor at it.

There also seemed to be a few occasion where Kent and Kamara just completely ignored him when he was in MUCH better positions than them to have the ball. Kent doesn't help with confidence when Barisic makes 4 or 5 overlapping runs and he just blank refuses to reverse the ball.

Katic, barisic and grezda have been one total waste of money so far.
They will not last.

Once again we'll needt to cut or losses, and offload the 2 Croats and Grezda, as it appears there not up to the rough and tumble of the Scottish game.
In saying that, i don't think Katic has had a fair crack of the whip under Stevie G.?

Once again we'll needt to cut or losses, and offload the 2 Croats and Grezda, as it appears there not up to the rough and tumble of the Scottish game.
In saying that, i don't think Katic has had a fair crack of the whip under Stevie G.?
For whatever reason he doesnt fancy Katic, we are playing a centre half who will shortly be leaving us.
That leaves us with goldson who switches off at times and 40 year old gareth.
Is there not anyone coming through the youths?

With Halliday all his negatives are ignored because it's Andy Halliday and he's one of us, while Barisic gets his negatives pointed out. Where is the fairness there? Halliday offers nothing at left back, one good game against the tims and all his other bombscare left back performances are forgiven apparently.

Halliday and Barisic have just been as bad as each other this season, neither of them have been any better than the other.

Regarding not giving him the ball, I don't trust the players continuing to give Candeais the ball so he can blooter the ball into the stands while another option has made the run and is in space.

What part of Halliday is not a left back is it people struggle to get? Halliday at least gives 100% and doesn't shirk any responsibility, the rest I can forgive as I and the rest of us know he is limited.

Barasic is a left back to trade and is being picked to represent a country who reached a World Cup final.

Barasic has the heart of a mouse, doesn't want the ball, shanks about every shy he takes to an opposition player and now were told is refusing to play on plastic pitches.

Sorry Barisic is absolutely phoning it in as a Rangers player, that’s why he’s being criticised.

I can take players not having ability, but when they’re jogging back, refusing to make angles when attacking and shirking challenges I can’t go it. His own players were openly exasperated with him last night.

Compare this with the treatment Tav , who never hides even if playing poorly, gets from a lot of our fans and it shows there’s something not right with peoples opinions of players.

Halliday isn’t the answer at left back either btw but that doesn’t excuse Barasic’s antics. Mentally weak.

To tell you the truth, i think big Lee Wallace would offer a lot more than Barasic's would.
The guy just can't seem to handle the way the games played in our league, he want's to much time on the ball.And as we all know, he'll not get that playing in the SPFL. i think he's been found out, and may be on his way back home come the summer.omo.

Has he? One game against the tims. That's it. Barisic has been consistent defensively, people have said he had a bad game against Greg Stewart, but other than that, how many games can you point out he had stinkers and the wingers got the better of him?

Well he has hardly played because he is injured......or refuses to play on plastic pitches.

Tin hat n that

I'm wondering if there are man management problems here. Ejaria chucking it, Coolbilly and now Barisic looking poor after strong starts.

Think different personalities , think the three you mentioned just don’t have the minerals so to speak . And SG has probably let them know on many occasions . It’s the problem with having a football icon as their manager , between that and the demands of the crowd , think some would just rather be anywhere else .

Halliday has had far more than one good game this season. Hes been very decent in most of the games hes played. Not saying hes a world beater or anything. But at the moment he is a more reliable option than Barisic.

Halliday has had far more than one good game this season. Hes been very decent in most of the games hes played. Not saying hes a world beater or anything. But at the moment he is a more reliable option than Barisic.

He's been as reliable as Barisic has.

If Halliday scraping by is "very decent" we may aswell pack it in now, it shows how far we've fallen.

Last edited:
I preferred him with his bandage gimmick.

He was tough in the tackle against us and whipped in some menacing balls. So far for us he has been powder puff in challenges, can't beat a man to whip his balls in and when he does they aren't living up to the hype.

What part of Halliday is not a left back is it people struggle to get? Halliday at least gives 100% and doesn't shirk any responsibility, the rest I can forgive as I and the rest of us know he is limited.

Barasic is a left back to trade and is being picked to represent a country who reached a World Cup final.

Barasic has the heart of a mouse, doesn't want the ball, shanks about every shy he takes to an opposition player and now were told is refusing to play on plastic pitches.

I don't struggle to get anything, Halliday has been a left back under Gerrard, I will judge him on those performances. He was awful against Hibs, but he doesn't get the same amount of criticism as Barisic gets. Why?

You better phone up the Croatia coach then and tell him he's calling up a sh*tebag.

How does he not want the ball? He made space and runs last night and our players refused to knock the ball into the space. Surely if he doesn't want the ball he wouldn't be making that space for himself to receive the ball.

Now you're lying about him refusing to play on plastic pitches, he was advised not to play on them by medical staff. You have to assume he was advised by our medical staff.

Cut our losses with Barisic with all haste due - and tell him to take Grezda with him.

These guys don't have what it takes to cut it at Rangers.

He's shown glimpses of his skill at times but he has absolutely no confidence or anything. Can't tell wether we should move him on or get him out on loan elsewhere to build his confidence a bit.

Wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him that's for sure.

Was he at fault for the 2nd goal? There seemed to a lot of space down the left side.

He hasn't actually done that bad defensively, I can't really remember him having a horrid team or thinking he's getting rinsed everytime a winger got near him. I just expected a hard hitting no nonsense Croatian.
They had about 3 players over for that 2nd goal

They had about 3 players over for that 2nd goal

Then surely it's not just one players fault then? If one player is up against 3 players, 2 other players from our team have made mistakes.

As I said, I need to see the highlights again.

Regarding Barisic as I've already said, I wouldn't want to be in the trenches with him, but I don't think he's been as bad as he's made out. People have pointed out the 4-2 game against the sheep which we won, he was taken apart by Greg Stewart, other than that game I can't remember games where he's had a stinker. He's been average.

People can't seem to point out any other shocking performances either, just rally off buzzwords like heart of a mouse etc.

The way people are sounding it's like he's been at fault for every goal we've conceded this season.

The truth is that most players have regressed all season .
The squad plays for half a season then can't deal with the expectations on them.

I have said on another thread. Our 1st game I saw our right hand side the same I said it wasn't good enough. For us to go out and buy someone on the evidence of playing against our right hand side is astounding

I still think we should have given Declan John a chance,I thought he was great going forward and cutting inside,I know his defending was suspect at times but surely we could have worked on any weakness he may have had.

Nobody notices when he wins a header, wins a tackle or puts in a good cross but my god are folk ready when he makes a mistake, he wasn't great last night but he certainly was the least of our problems, complete scapegoat

I do think that's fair, he's a bit of a whipping boy now.

There was one incident last night where there was a massive punt, the ball is swirling in the air and he gets under it, heads it away and it goes out for a throw. He did nothing wrong, and certainly the right thing for the conditions, and still people went tonto.

Folk literally sitting in the stands waiting for the guy to make his next mistake. He'll need to be of strong mind to overcome it, and i'm not sure if he is.

I do think that's fair, he's a bit of a whipping boy now.

There was one incident last night where there was a massive punt, the ball is swirling in the air and he gets under it, heads it away and it goes out for a throw. He did nothing wrong, and certainly the right thing for the conditions, and still people went tonto.

Folk literally sitting in the stands waiting for the guy to make his next mistake. He'll need to be of strong mind to overcome it, and i'm not sure if he is.
These guys are totally clueless and have never played a game of football in their puff.

In purely technical terms, I reckon Barisic is the better player out of him and Halliday. But I know which one of them I’d want next to me going in to battle, which is always what last night was going to be.

How many times did he throw the ball to the head of an Aberdeen player?As for finding some heart? You cannot,you either have it or you haven't,and this guy certainly doesn't have it.A disgrace that Hallidaywas dropped for him and concerning that we don't have a youngster who is better than both

Worth pointing out Barasic got a move to Dinamo Zagreb earlier in his career, didn’t seem to cut it, was punted out on loan and then ended up back at Osijek.

But Allen says mental characteristics are a key part of our recruitment process?

They do ignore him....
Because he's no very good. He has nothing in him apart from a decent cross.

Ok and as a left back a good cross is a very good weapon to have. Better than Kent/Kamara turning inside and going back to Worrall/Goldson.

3 out of 4, Jack is a total exception and anyone who knows football would see why. Crazy comment to say about punting him. I’m assuming the OP has never played football at a decent level and can’t see what Jack brings to a team. Probably one of these punters constantly screaming “get it up the park”.

Worth noting that Barisic is in the Croatia setup so he's obviously got ability.

Did Wallace ever play for Scotland? What about Halliday? For some reason both of them are being made out to be world beaters now.

Back