Union Bears

Admittedly don't know all the ins and outs of their "protest", but it does all seem a bit precious.

For years Rangers boards have been protested against, there has been issues since I can remember with every boards engagement with the fans and it's being an ongoing thing for 20 odd years. It goes well beyond Safe Standing. Fans of Rangers, ALL fans, deserve respect from the club. Whether that be disabled fans looking to improve their facilities, the fans who have been wrongly arrested or banned in the SNP crusade against Rangers fans, fans who have been fucked over by other clubs in regards to ticket prices and their treatment of us at away games. Every Rangers fan deserves to have their voice head, and the board is failing the fans on that front.

SG comes from a club where their home support are renowned for their actual support and togetherness, especially when their team may be up against it. They actually try to help their players.

He must look round Ibrox with everyone sitting there in silence and think "WTF?!"

Looked like he hated it vs Vienna, or Celtic for that matter.

You must hate being a Rangers fan, all these folk going along to Ibrox, you sitting there thinking WTF.

Throwing your loo roll at them "Sing!".

You must hate being a Rangers fan, all these folk going along to Ibrox, you sitting there thinking WTF.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can count on one hand - at most - the number of times there is a decent atmosphere at Ibrox each season.

You're having to pick out a couple of individual games. That tells you everything.......

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You can count on one hand - at most - the number of times there is a decent atmosphere at Ibrox each season.

You're having to pick out a couple of individual games. That tells you everything.......

Yeah I agree, i am not and will never disagree with that.

But it has been like that at Ibrox for decades, from the early 90s since I started going at the very least.

Moving the UB to BF3 WIll make no difference, I think everyone even the UB probably know this.

Can imagine your rants when we used to cover parkhead in loo roll.. bet you never said a thing in those days

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults
Getting sick of this crowd and their self importance. They exist because of Rangers , not the other way round.

Can't believe people are actually blaming them for the result.

In saying that, they're still a bunch of entitled wee fannies who would've lost a lot of support last night.

SG comes from a club where their home support are renowned for their actual support and togetherness, especially when their team may be up against it. They actually try to help their players.

He must look round Ibrox with everyone sitting there in silence and think "WTF?!"
Your constant attempts to bring Gerrard into this and imply he would be backing the UB in this makes you come across as delusional.

Your constant attempts to bring Gerrard into this and imply he would be backing the UB in this makes you come across as delusional.
You don't think Steven Gerrard wants a better atmosphere at Ibrox, where 50,000 sound like 50 for most games ??!! I'm not sure it's me that's delusional.

SG met up with the UB leader in the summer - he knows the score...............

Well I've twice been to Anfield v Man Utd and the scousers were very quiet.

The Mancs made far more noise, although neither game had a good atmosphere tbh.

Well I've twice been to Anfield v Man Utd and the scousers were very quiet.

The Mancs made far more noise, although neither game had a good atmosphere tbh.
Clutching at straws mate.

In a similar scenario to last night, going 1-0 down early on, their fans would back their team more and they certainly wouldn't be walking out the stadium from 60/65 mins onwards.

Clutching at straws mate.

In a similar scenario to last night, going 1-0 down, their fans would back their team more and they certainly wouldn't be walking out the stadium from 60/65 mins onwards.

If you think the atmosphere at Anfield for a big game (United, Everton, Europe) is better than Ibrox for the mentally challengeds or Europe then it's not me clutching at straws mate.

It's not even comparable.

Very easy to get behind the team when its going well.

All supports can do that.

If you think the atmosphere at Anfield for a big game (United, Everton, Europe) is better than Ibrox for the mentally challengeds or Europe then it's not me clutching at straws mate.

It's not even comparable.
We only have the odd game or two each season where everyone joins in and really makes a difference.

You cannot seriously be happy with the way things are at Ibrox. It's not a great environment at all. Should and could be so, so much better.

Their actions are getting profile and coverage. That's what this was all about - to draw attention to the fact that the clubs handling of the situation is not acceptable and cannot be allowed to continue.

Anyway it seems that the other 47k decided to join in the silent protest with them.

Complaining that they didn't sing, when no one else does. Do people not see the irony in that??!!

I back the UB's.
Correct m8. It's a protest its all about bringing attention to it. It's just another FF thread slagging rangers fans

You don't think Steven Gerrard wants a better atmosphere at Ibrox, where 50,000 sound like 50 for most games ??!! I'm not sure it's me that's delusional.

SG met up with the UB leader in the summer - he knows the score...............

Mate no offence, you sound about 13.

We only have the odd game or two each season where everyone joins in and really makes a difference.

You cannot seriously be happy with the way things are at Ibrox. It's not a great environment at all. Should and could be so, so much better.

I agree with you 100% on that mate and that's why I support the UBs, but imo they blundered last night.

Shite atmospheres at big clubs is a problem though.

Anfield, Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates, Spurs at Wembley Stamford Bridge.

All the top teams in England and poor atmospheres week to week at them all.

Palace, Brighton and Leicester (all pretty small clubs that aren't having great seasons) were voted the top 3 atmospheres in the EPL..

Look at the piggery where the GB have killed the atmosphere over there, way worse than Ibrox.

When the UBs lead the singing, often other parts of the ground will follow, whereas at the piggery it's only the GB that ever sing now.

They even struggle for a decent atmosphere against us now.

I agree with you 100% on that mate and that's why I support the UBs, but imo they blundered last night.

Shite atmospheres at big clubs is a problem though.

Anfield, Old Trafford, Etihad, Emirates, Spurs at Wembley Stamford Bridge.

All the top teams in England and poor atmospheres week to week at them all.

Palace, Brighton and Leicester (all pretty small clubs that aren't having great seasons) were voted the top 3 atmospheres in the EPL..

Look at the piggery where the GB have killed the atmosphere over there, way worse than Ibrox.

When the UBs lead the singing, often other parts of the ground will follow, whereas at the piggery it's only the GB that ever sing now.

They even struggle for a decent atmosphere against us now.
Pro rata - very few places are as quiet on matchday than Ibrox. I've attended many games in England and still do. Ibrox does not fair well at all.

Mate no offence, you sound about 13.
Difficult, since I attended my fist game as a young kid in the late 70's.

I've seen enough over the years to know that the last 20 years or so at Ibrox have been terrible with regard to the matchday experience for fans and the average matchday atmosphere.

Something has to give - or we are set for another 20 years of this.

I want this younger generation to be excited by coming to Ibrox as a place where they can enjoy themselves and help create a strong, positive atmosphere which can spread round other parts and help the manager and players. That is all.

Difficult, since I attended my fist game as a young kid in the late 70's.

I've seen enough over the years to know that the last 20 years or so at Ibrox have been terrible with regard to the matchday experience for fans and the average matchday atmosphere.

Something has to give - or we are set for another 20 years of this.

I want this younger generation to be excited by coming to Ibrox as a place where they can enjoy themselves and help create a strong, positive atmosphere which can spread round other parts and help the manager and players. That is all.

Which is admirable and something I agree and want also, I don't think it will ever happen, you will find all big attendance clubs have games where atmospherically it is atrocious.

I just think the UB's have no divine right to dictate, I think the way they are going about it is childish and is isolating them and creating an us vs them situation which means they will not get what they desire and will create even more factions within a support who love to split into factions.

As I say no offence on the 13 year old remark, but I did get a chuckle at the Gerrard has met the leader of and "knows the score" comment.

You will know as much as me Ibrox has never continually been a ground where the atmosphere is excellent. It has always been and this is down to the expectation of turning up and seeing us winning, a ground where we are more critical than supportive.

I still fail to see how moving the UB'S from BF1 to BF3 changes this, and why they can't expand from where they are.

Biggest game of the season and they decide to have a silent protest? I get that they’re not happy, but I don’t think tonight was the night.

and the throwing of stuff on the pitch just before the team came out. Immature. Grow up and behave like adults
Nail on the head no one is bigger than the club.

Nail on the head no one is bigger than the club.
Don't think they think that at all. It's a protest they give a lot to the club with displays ect and get nothing back but shoved in a corner. They have been speaking to the club regarding a move and safe standing all of a sudden the club pull the plug. What do you want them to do?they think this will make the club take notice then good luck to them

He's also never been to Anfield or any other major club stadium by the looks of it, as every big club will see the decibels increase with the bigger games. Liverpool are as quiet as us and they get to watch global superstars obliterate teams

So they are angry because Rangers have put on hold any talks about rail seating and spat the dummy,grow up ffs.

There are far more important things at Ibrox that needs priority,one being the disabled section getting sorted along with numerous other things like roofs and ends of stands being repaired and replaced,new pitch being laid in the summer and other things that need attended to in the stadium.

Rail seating can be done if the money is available when all of the above is attended to and the disabled section IS a priority. Some think we have an endless amount of money,when in reality the club can only spend what we have and some things need to be prioritised more than others.

Which is admirable and something I agree and want also, I don't think it will ever happen, you will find all big attendance clubs have games where atmospherically it is atrocious.

I just think the UB's have no divine right to dictate, I think the way they are going about it is childish and is isolating them and creating an us vs them situation which means they will not get what they desire and will create even more factions within a support who love to split into factions.

As I say no offence on the 13 year old remark, but I did get a chuckle at the Gerrard has met the leader of and "knows the score" comment.
You will know as much as me Ibrox has never continually been a ground where the atmosphere is excellent. It has always been and this is down to the expectation of turning up and seeing us winning, a ground where we are more critical than supportive.

I still fail to see how moving the UB'S from BF1 to BF3 changes this, and why they can't expand from where they are.

How were the UB's dicating last night? They asked the few non members in the BF1 section not to sing for the first half. They done that to put the onus on the other 48k bears around the rest of the stadium to create an atmosphere. It shouldnt have been too hard for the 48k given the scale of the game.

By feck they were absolutely 100% right as just about every other bear in the stadium could not muster a single song for the full 45 minutes. That indicates they were 100% bang on with regards the purpose of the protest. Regardless is you agree or disagree with them It highlighted exactly what they are claiming. "If you want an atmosphere at Ibrox then take them seriously and listen to their requests"

The toilet roll stunt was obviously organised before the game - no one considered what if we are getting beat. Too late to change what they had planned. Had we been ahead it would have been hailed as brilliant.

By your own admission the Ibrox atmosphere has long been pish and hyper critical. Sorry to say mate but it's guys exactly like you who have created and with your whining on this thread will see it continue long into the future.

What makes you so sure a move from BF1 to BF3 would make no difference? In BF1 they can only expand one way - In BF3 they can expand both to BF2 & BF4 - A larger presence - more noise & more colour seems pretty simple to me.

Anyone who wants to improve the atmosphere needs to back these kids - Anything less with see the matchday experience get even worse than last nights shite.

One other point - These kids stayed till the very end last night. 30k+ others were well on their way home when the final whistle went.;)

The atmosphere was shite last night. I blame the 48k and not the UBs for that. They have been great this season, and there have been many great days/nights at Ibrox. Nobody likes losing, but the sooner we accept we are pish and get on with it the better.

The atmosphere was shite last night. I blame the 48k and not the UBs for that. They have been great this season, and there have been many great days/nights at Ibrox. Nobody likes losing, but the sooner we accept we are pish and get on with it the better.
Whit. ?

Accept rangers are pish?

The funny thing is, before the match there was folk in the other thread stating we don’t need the UB tonight and it will be rocking without them. How did that work out?

From the first minute to the last, it was constant groaning and moaning every time a player made a mistake.

The funny thing is, before the match there was folk in the other thread stating we don’t need the UB tonight and it will be rocking without them. How did that work out?

From the first minute to the last, it was constant groaning and moaning every time a player made a mistake.
Spoke to a couple guys in work today who don't manage to get to Ibrox too often, they were shocked at how quiet it was first half and couldn't help but laugh at an old boy next to them moaning at the end of the game about how UB were silent in the first half, whilst he spent 90 minutes hurling abuse at the players.

Sums it up. :oops:

Wouldn't that suggest that they aren't relevant or important?

No, against Dundee we were playing well at other fans responded to what was happening on the pitch. Last night we were 1-0 down after 3 min and those same fans were mutes.

This idea that the UB are the only ones who can sing is a complete nonsense, why were those there last night not getting behind the team instead of jumping on social media/forums to blame UB

I dont get this argument. On one hand you are saying the UB make it all about themselves, then when Aberdeen take the lead you look to the UB for them to do something? Can't have it both ways.

What i mean is their protest should have been binned when the team needed them. Ibrox is shite without them, we all get that, but it seens to have given them an ego.

The whole purpose of the UB is to get behind the team. Where were they when the team & the rest if the stadium needed them? Acting like spoiled weans, that’s where.

So they are angry because Rangers have put on hold any talks about rail seating and spat the dummy,grow up ffs.

There are far more important things at Ibrox that needs priority,one being the disabled section getting sorted along with numerous other things like roofs and ends of stands being repaired and replaced,new pitch being laid in the summer and other things that need attended to in the stadium.

Rail seating can be done if the money is available when all of the above is attended to and the disabled section IS a priority. Some think we have an endless amount of money,when in reality the club can only spend what we have and some things need to be prioritised more than others.
What i mean is their protest should have been binned when the team needed them. Ibrox is shite without them, we all get that, but it seens to have given them an ego.

The whole purpose of the UB is to get behind the team. Where were they when the team & the rest if the stadium needed them? Acting like spoiled weans, that’s where.
So your saying they should pack in their protest cause the club needs them. The whole point of the protest is the club are giving them nothing in return. It's a two way thing here club can't have it all their own way. You've just proved the point in their protest its all one way at the moment with ub providing displays ect ect ect but they ask for something it's a no

The atmosphere was always going to be dampened with losing an early goal. I didn't think it was particularly bad last night and not a huge difference between halves. I think protesting during a cup game, especially against Aberdeen was a poor choice. If we'd won, people would they weren't needed, lose and some will blame them. I don't think they influenced the result in anyway but not joining in with the others that did sing left a bad taste. Delaying the kick off and the attention seeking stuff just gave the impression that they thought they are bigger than the club and that has just pissed others off. To me, it just came across as immature and naive and they have shot themselves in the foot.

Dynamo Kiev,Dortmund and Parma,three of the best atmospheres iv'e experienced at Ibrox and not a UB in sight.

I was at all those games mate , 20 and 30 years ago .

Ibrox is a different place now my man .

The UB, or a singing section , is a must .

So your saying they should pack in their protest cause the club needs them. The whole point of the protest is the club are giving them nothing in return. It's a two way thing here club can't have it all their own way. You've just proved the point in their protest its all one way at the moment with ub providing displays ect ect ect but they ask for something it's a no
Did the club ask them to do displays ? Why also do you think it's a two way thing and the club are getting it all their own way ? Are you saying because the UB's make some noise the club should reward them by giving them a standing section at great expense. Should all the rest of the clubs support also be rewarded for standing by the club over the last few years and putting plenty into the club without reward.

What you're more or less saying is the UB's only do what they do because they want something back in return which will be for the sole use of themselves while others have to move.

The vast majority of Rangers fans don't look for nothing off the pitch and go along to give support to the team they love and adore,we live in a totally different society now from days gone past and sadly now a lot of people just want to sit and watch the game,but it's similar to a lot of football grounds where some will be vocal and some will sit quietly,that's just the way most sports are.

Do they not also realise that there are a lot of things needing done within the stadium which were neglected for years and still are to this day which are now being addressed,would it not also be a bit of a slap in the face to the people who have been fighting for years for badly needed improvements in the disabled section which are long overdue, If the club decided that rail seating was a priority over disabled facility's being improved.

They can stamp their feet all they want,but in my opinion and no doubt others fixing the stadium and improving the poor facility's our disabled fans have and making it better for them, Is much more a priority than rail seating at present.

I'd love to see the rail seating in place and making it bigger for the UB's and creating a good atmosphere,but other things are more important just now to deal with.

As soon as they scored there second goal loads of SO called fans left with 30 minutes to go, total fucking joke and for me they are NOT Rangers supporters, they should stay at home.

UB have my support on this one

Got to laugh at the moaners on here

“They UB have no right demanding to be moved section, who do they think they are?”

“Why weren’t the UB singing and getting the stadium going last night, that’s what they’re supposed to do”

Can’t have it both ways, moaners.

The club have moved the goalposts countless times it seems so i fully understand their protests regardless of which games they choose to do it. Maybe the board ought to take notice of it as their fan engagement is utterly pish, the same as the board was under Sir Duped.

Did the club ask them to do displays ? Why also do you think it's a two way thing and the club are getting it all their own way ? Are you saying because the UB's make some noise the club should reward them by giving them a standing section at great expense. Should all the rest of the clubs support also be rewarded for standing by the club over the last few years and putting plenty into the club without reward.

What you're more or less saying is the UB's only do what they do because they want something back in return which will be for the sole use of themselves while others have to move.

The vast majority of Rangers fans don't look for nothing off the pitch and go along to give support to the team they love and adore,we live in a totally different society now from days gone past and sadly now a lot of people just want to sit and watch the game,but it's similar to a lot of football grounds where some will be vocal and some will sit quietly,that's just the way most sports are.

Do they not also realise that there are a lot of things needing done within the stadium which were neglected for years and still are to this day which are now being addressed,would it not also be a bit of a slap in the face to the people who have been fighting for years for badly needed improvements in the disabled section which are long overdue, If the club decided that rail seating was a priority over disabled facility's being improved.

They can stamp their feet all they want,but in my opinion and no doubt others fixing the stadium and improving the poor facility's our disabled fans have and making it better for them, Is much more a priority than rail seating at present.

I'd love to see the rail seating in place and making it bigger for the UB's and creating a good atmosphere,but other things are more important just now to deal with.

Installing safe standing in the BF would result in a far better atmosphere at home games which means there’s every chance that it helps the players on the pitch

I class that as a priority as if truth be told, Ibrox is a library except the odd Euro game and bheasts game.

I understand there are other works within the stadium needing done but it’s only in your opinion that disabled facilities and other stuff should take priority over safe standing. I’m sure others would put safe standing as a bigger priority, again each to their own

For years Rangers boards have been protested against, there has been issues since I can remember with every boards engagement with the fans and it's being an ongoing thing for 20 odd years. It goes well beyond Safe Standing. Fans of Rangers, ALL fans, deserve respect from the club. Whether that be disabled fans looking to improve their facilities, the fans who have been wrongly arrested or banned in the SNP crusade against Rangers fans, fans who have been fucked over by other clubs in regards to ticket prices and their treatment of us at away games. Every Rangers fan deserves to have their voice head, and the board is failing the fans on that front.
100 %

feck off I mean really pish :mad::mad:

Considering 85% of the support wants safe standing. And how do you know the club is footing all the bill? The club dont ask them to do displays but are quick enough to use the pics for there own benefits.

Installing safe standing in the BF would result in a far better atmosphere at home games which means there’s every chance that it helps the players on the pitch

I class that as a priority as if truth be told, Ibrox is a library except the odd Euro game and bheasts game.

I understand there are other works within the stadium needing done but it’s only in your opinion that disabled facilities and other stuff should take priority over safe standing. I’m sure others would put safe standing as a bigger priority, again each to their own
You class rail seating as more of a priority over improving much needed improvements for our disabled fans, I'd say you're being extremely selfish and ignorant when you take into account people in wheelchairs getting soaked along with their carers and not a great view either,priorities should be with those less abled than fans who have no problems getting around,when it's pishing with rain these poor people don't have much choice in moving to somewhere dry,we don't even have enough disabled spaces and far below what's required.

Railseating is good,but there are people in our support who need much more help and better facilities,you've got your priorities all wrong and more or less saying you'd rather have railseating at the expense of some poor souls getting soaked,all our fans are important to the club and those fans less abled should be given a little more help than able bodied people.

Last edited:
Back