Union Bears

Considering 85% of the support wants safe standing. And how do you know the club is footing all the bill? The club dont ask them to do displays but are quick enough to use the pics for there own benefits.
The pictures are taken in the stadium which Rangers own,entirely up to the club if they wish to use them.

So tell me who's footing the bill for it ? You can also raise the entire amount required for railseating on your own,but the club have the final say in whether it goes ahead,your group also didn't help the situation with the Clark singing and not exactly getting the club onside with the negative publicity it brought the club and you don't get rewarded by the club for bringing adverse publicity by singing sectarian songs at an opposing manager and not doing yourself's any favours by doing so.

The Ub's do some good displays,bring a good bit of atmosphere and then shite on the club with the sectarian nonsense,that's not exactly a good way of showing why you deserve railseating nor getting onside with the club.

I also think quite a lot of supporters would like safe standing,whether it's 85% i don't know,but if you think people would prioritise rail seating over improving facility's for our wheelchair and less abled fans,why don't you do a poll on here and find out,takes two minutes to do.

Their behaviour last night wasn't ideal but heyho up to them, it is their choice...As they say others didn't sing all night, However, this constant making demands on the board and insisting they have a voice is complete bullshit. You pay for your tickets, you sit where you sit and if you dont like it well to be honest its tough shit. The board don't HAVE to engage with them at all, they may choose to but making demands about where they sit and how they sit will never end well.

In the current climate like it or not, they could refuse to sell ST to all UB members and fill the seats with other supporters who may create a group, sing the right words to the right songs and not be dicks when they don't get their own way. Regardless of last night they are doing themselves no favours and need to realise that going all 'Kevin & Perry' when they dont get their own way isnt going to work.

In short, they chose not sing for the first half last night, that is fine

The board have decided not to take any positive action on their demands, that too is fine. I dont expect to see a statement from the board saying 'As a result of the UB refusal to sing last night we will with maximum haste turn BF1 into a safe standing area'
But that’s not what they’re asking is it?

The pictures are taken in the stadium which Rangers own,entirely up to the club if they wish to use them.

So tell me who's footing the bill for it ? You can also raise the entire amount required for railseating on your own,but the club have the final say in whether it goes ahead,your group also didn't help the situation with the Clark singing and not exactly getting the club onside with the negative publicity it brought the club and you don't get rewarded by the club for bringing adverse publicity by singing sectarian songs at an opposing manager and not doing yourself's any favours by doing so.

The Ub's do some good displays,bring a good bit of atmosphere and then shite on the club with the sectarian nonsense,that's not exactly a good way of showing why you deserve railseating nor getting onside with the club.

I also think quite a lot of supporters would like safe standing,whether it's 85% i don't know,but if you think people would prioritise rail seating over improving facility's for our wheelchair and less abled fans,why don't you do a poll on here and find out,takes two minutes to do.
This forum doesn’t speak for anywhere near what you think

You class rail seating as more of a priority over improving much needed improvements for our disabled fans, I'd say you're being extremely selfish and ignorant when you take into account people in wheelchairs getting soaked along with their carers and not a great view either,priorities should be with those less abled than fans who have no problems getting around,when it's pishing with rain these poor people don't have much choice in moving to somewhere dry,we don't even have enough disabled spaces and far below what's required.

Railseating is good,but there are people in our support who need much more help and better facilities,you've got your priorities all wrong and more or less saying you'd rather have railseating at the expense of some poor souls getting soaked,all our fans are important to the club and those fans less abled should be given a little more help than able bodied people.
Why not do both

But that’s not what they’re asking is it?

Feel free to correct me then.

My understanding was (according to their statement)
- move from BF1 to BF3 - club said no
- safe standing BF3 - club said no
- considering your future? - fine they'll be replaced by fans who don't sing the wrong words, throw bog roll onto pitch or take pyro in.
- the clubs decision will have a detrimental effect on the support overall - your drive to get the club to change the decision will have an impact on other supporters.
- they didn't get their own way so have taken to 'protesting'

Please correct any inaccuracies.

Thanks

You class rail seating as more of a priority over improving much needed improvements for our disabled fans, I'd say you're being extremely selfish and ignorant when you take into account people in wheelchairs getting soaked along with their carers and not a great view either,priorities should be with those less abled than fans who have no problems getting around,when it's pishing with rain these poor people don't have much choice in moving to somewhere dry,we don't even have enough disabled spaces and far below what's required.

Railseating is good,but there are people in our support who need much more help and better facilities,you've got your priorities all wrong and more or less saying you'd rather have railseating at the expense of some poor souls getting soaked,all our fans are important to the club and those fans less abled should be given a little more help than able bodied people.
Why have the club not done this already for the disabled fans? Another case of them not really caring or respecting their loyal fans?

Taken for granted.

Having our players clean up thier mess is a joke.
They are no better or worse than anybody in any other section of the ground.
They need to get a grip.

- considering your future? - fine they'll be replaced by fans who don't sing the wrong words, throw bog roll onto pitch or take pyro in.
- the clubs decision will have a detrimental effect on the support overall - your drive to get the club to change the decision will have an impact on other supporters.

Thanks
Replaced by fans who don't sing the wrong words? Are you starting a singing section?
When did the UB take pyro into Ibrox.

So it's only the UB who sing sectarian songs is this what you are saying.

So your saying they should pack in their protest cause the club needs them. The whole point of the protest is the club are giving them nothing in return. It's a two way thing here club can't have it all their own way. You've just proved the point in their protest its all one way at the moment with ub providing displays ect ect ect but they ask for something it's a no

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get group tickets for away games?

Allowed in early to do the displays?

To say the club give them nothing is nonsense and I feel to see why the club should bend over and give them anything they desire.

We (or the vast majority) don't follow and spend thousands on Rangers for any preferential treatment in return, again it goes back to a sense of entitlement and I hate to say it but from posters on here a billy big baws the UB's are bigger supporters than the rest attitude.

Correct me if I am wrong but don't they get group tickets for away games?

Allowed in early to do the displays?

To say the club give them nothing is nonsense and I feel to see why the club should bend over and give them anything they desire.

We (or the vast majority) don't follow and spend thousands on Rangers for any preferential treatment in return, again it goes back to a sense of entitlement and I hate to say it but from posters on here a billy big baws the UB's are bigger supporters than the rest attitude.
Total garbage. This is their group who have made a decision and shouldn't effect atmosphere at Ibrox due to another 48000 potential voices who sit and add nothing to the atmosphere. But go online and have an opinion of the UB and have no clue what's been said and what other meetings are planned in the future between the UB and the club.

To be honest that drum gets on your nerves at times,and the guy with the megaphone never sees the game.l hope he doesn’t get charged entry.
Why does it bother you so much about the guy with the megaphone. Where do you sit? Lisbon lions rear or front?

Rangers exist because of supporters
Rangers exist because of 8 or 900 fans? Seriously?
Fans who decide that their support and vocal encouragement for the team is dependent on how they perceive the board are treating them and dealing with their demands.

Total garbage. This is their group who have made a decision and shouldn't effect atmosphere at Ibrox due to another 48000 potential voices who sit and add nothing to the atmosphere. But go online and have an opinion of the UB and have no clue what's been said and what other meetings are planned in the future between the UB and the club.
'
What is garbage?

Your little rant literally proves what I just said.

This is their group who have made a decision

Good for them, it 1 doesn't mean the club have to listen and 2 doesn't mean they should be accommodated at the expense of other fans who contribute just as much to the club albeit in differing ways.

The UB's are no more supporters and no less supporters than me and thousands of others.

Throwing toys out the pram won't change that and certainly won't get them more support from the majority of the fanbase.

What i mean is their protest should have been binned when the team needed them. Ibrox is shite without them, we all get that, but it seens to have given them an ego.

The whole purpose of the UB is to get behind the team. Where were they when the team & the rest if the stadium needed them? Acting like spoiled weans, that’s where.

There support shouldn't be taken for granted. Theres a reason why clubs all over the world look after their Ultras or singing sections, because they appreciate the fans and realise the importance of them. You can't expect UB to lead the whole stadium every week then piss them about and take them on a never ending saga which the Safe Standing discussion has become.

Fans who decide that their support and vocal encouragement for the team is dependent on how they perceive the board are treating them and dealing with their demands.
I'm sure he means the full rangers support. But it gives you a chance to knock the UB again

They should get their own standing area in my opinion and job done they got the attention needed albeit negative attention ,it didn’t make a difference to the result however I wouldn’t like it every match ,the bog roll stuff was cringeworthy ,watching the players pick it up whilst more land on the pitch is an embarrassment ,it’s not the players fault they can’t get their own standing area ,most of the UB are of a younger element of our support but they are part of our support ,when you are young like these guys and football is a massive part of who you are ,your culture and identity ,things like standing areas are extremely important ,to a lot of us the protest wasn’t important ,to these guys it’s very important,there is a balance to be struck ,give them the standing area they want and we can all move on

As much as I appreciate the effort that the Union Bears go to provide a decent atmosphere every week, I personally don’t agree that they should be able to move section at the inconvenience of other season ticket holders, many whom have had their seats for years.

Regardless of my opinion, I absolute respect their right to a peaceful protest. However I draw the line shambles that occurred at halftime on Tuesday. The UB need to stand up and apologise - not to the board and not to the fans - but to the players who had to come out at half time, losing 1-0, in the wind and rain and clear all their garbage from the pitch.

I’m not blaiming the UB for the loss in anyway and regardless of the shambolic result, this behaviour is unacceptable and the UB have lost a lot of respect with a lot of fans.

Time to standup apoligise and move on. They are important to the match day atmosphere but if that’s how they spit their dummy out then I would rather do without!

If players are concerned about wind and rain they shouldn't fucking be here to be honest. The players could have left it to the ground staff.

This wasn't part of their protest btw and had the club not have forced them in to protesting the display would have happened as the teams came out as it always does.

Tin hat on but I agree we moan about the other mob being give a free ride by their board and someone should take action, here we are attempting to keep our support civilised and going in a “huff” because you don’t get your way is not the rangers style

I'm sure he means the full rangers support. But it gives you a chance to knock the UB again
I do not want to knock them, but they are being set up as the most important thing ever and Rangers are nothing without them. Thousands of us have been going to Ibrox for 40/50/60 years, have seen bad times, sad times and now we don't matter because theres a new kid on the block.

'
What is garbage?

Your little rant literally proves what I just said.

Good for them, it 1 doesn't mean the club have to listen and 2 doesn't mean they should be accommodated at the expense of other fans who contribute just as much to the club albeit in differing ways.

The UB's are no more supporters and no less supporters than me and thousands of others.

Throwing toys out the pram won't change that and certainly won't get them more support from the majority of the fanbase.
Support from the majority of fans on follow follow.
They are an absolute disgrace and ably played their part in our defeat tonight. Clearly think they are bigger than the club when really they're just a bunch of stupid wee neds
How did they play their part in our defeat.

It was a bit of a shambolic protest anyway. Support the team or don't, bin the petulance and stop fvckin feeling sorry for yourselves..

As much as I appreciate the effort that the Union Bears go to provide a decent atmosphere every week, I personally don’t agree that they should be able to move section at the inconvenience of other season ticket holders, many whom have had their seats for years.

Regardless of my opinion, I absolute respect their right to a peaceful protest. However I draw the line shambles that occurred at halftime on Tuesday. The UB need to stand up and apologise - not to the board and not to the fans - but to the players who had to come out at half time, losing 1-0, in the wind and rain and clear all their garbage from the pitch.

I’m not blaiming the UB for the loss in anyway and regardless of the shambolic result, this behaviour is unacceptable and the UB have lost a lot of respect with a lot of fans.

Time to standup apoligise and move on. They are important to the match day atmosphere but if that’s how they spit their dummy out then I would rather do without!
%^*& off. Enjoy shit atmospheres then.

Support from the majority of fans on follow follow.

How did they play their part in our defeat.

What are you actually going on about.

I Sincerely hope you are not at the forefront of any discussions with the club on behalf of the UB's or they would probably end up with a section in the Ibrox Complex.

If you look at the start of the second half incident in isolation it was poorly timed, ill conceived, embarrassing and came across as pathetic and petulant.

:D

A wide imposing of what you think on other people doesn't make what you are saying true.

The actions of the UB are tame compared to most modern football fan cultures across Europe.

As an aside, seats should be moved to accommodate them - the club should be offering perks to folks who moan about being moved - days at training etc

The OP is awfy precious

The reaction the to toilet papering is mental, this used to happen on a weekly basis (albeit not on such a large scale).
Besides, the players would’ve required some bog roll after that shitshow they delivered.

It’s like asking,and waiting,for an apology from every player who had a bad game against the sheep!

Tin hat on but I agree we moan about the other mob being give a free ride by their board and someone should take action, here we are attempting to keep our support civilised and going in a “huff” because you don’t get your way is not the rangers style

What is Rangers style? Charging the front doors and punching an old Rangers employee in the face during the protest against the old board? 'Not Rangers style' is a totally meaningless phrase. Should it be dignified silence from now on?

I actually thought the way it worked at half time with the banner, flags and singing as the team came out would really get the players going. it was feeling electric then they bloody streamers came on and it fell flat and fizzled out. support there protest but doing that was a silly move

I do not want to knock them, but they are being set up as the most important thing ever and Rangers are nothing without them. Thousands of us have been going to Ibrox for 40/50/60 years, have seen bad times, sad times and now we don't matter because theres a new kid on the block.
I'm 52 so I've been going a few years. I contribute nothing to the atmosphere but I will never knock anyone who does. This is turning into a hate fest and shows once more what a divided support we have.

Thanks
You said a standing section in BF1. They want a more central position in BF3 not standing

Never said 900 fans. Rangers football club exist because people support it through money etc

Replaced by fans who don't sing the wrong words? Are you starting a singing section?
When did the UB take pyro into Ibrox.
Mate there’s no point some of these people won’t be happy until the full of Ibrox is sat watching the game in silence and the club becoming an Aberdeen, Hibs etc

I'm 52 so I've been going a few years. I contribute nothing to the atmosphere but I will never knock anyone who does. This is turning into a hate fest and shows once more what a divided support we have.
Exactly. Our support can't agree on anything.

I'm of the opinion the atmosphere at Ibrox will be shit forever more, with or without the UB.

Back