Grezda & Barisic

Delboy79

I know there’s already a thread on Borna, but do we have to consider cutting our losses with this pair? Can’t see how Grezda will feature given our surplus of wide players i.e Candeias, Middleton, Murphy, Kent(if he stays) & Jones.

Barisic is so bang average. Halliday is a better left back and all round footballer. I think we need to consider the wages they are taking up and see if we can find a willing buyer.

Barisic hasn’t really produced but I think it’s a bit harsh to judge grezda as we signed him off the back of a long injury and has been hampered with them ever since.

The blame with grezda has surely got to be down to management/scouting team?

It really is like groundhog day on here.

It can't be long until we get a new post on Worrall.

That guy Grezda is honking i had made mind up on him after his 2nd game. Terrible for an Internationalist.

Folk having their mind made up about players after their 2nd game is part of the problem. He may well turn out to be a poor signing but at least give the guy a chance fs.

I know there’s already a thread on Borna, but do we have to consider cutting our losses with this pair? Can’t see how Grezda will feature given our surplus of wide players i.e Candeias, Middleton, Murphy, Kent(if he stays) & Jones.

Barisic is so bang average. Halliday is a better left back and all round footballer. I think we need to consider the wages they are taking up and see if we can find a willing buyer.
We will make a profit on Barasic based on the fact he is a Croatia international so i would sell

I think Grezda has had a fairly harsh time of it. He has shown in a few games (away to hearts, away to hibs, home to motherwell) that there is at least some signs of ability. He's new to the country, had a stop/start time of it with injuries, and has barely played. To write him off this early would be a bit premature.

One thing that does concern me is that it's fairly clear that gerrard doesn't fancy him so far.

The Crotian national team seem to rate Barisic.

Grezda’s looked nothing like a £2m player but I think it will be next season before he’s back in 1st team action

You won’t get one on Worrall because since his mistake against Killie he’s been very good.

These two on the other hand...

It'll take one mistake from Worrall for the threads to appear, saying that we're contractually obliged to play him.

Folk will craw a lot about how it isn’t possible, but I think all the signs point to Grezda being for the off. We will probably loan him to a second tier German club or something, in the Summer.

There’s no way we’re collecting wingers like this, particularly ones who don’t score when we persist with 433; and there’s no way Jordan Jones will be our best wide signing.

There is simply no room for all of them and we still need much better. Wingers will need to leave, and he never gets picked so it’s obviously going to be him.

If Grezda is fit we should be giving him some minutes on the pitch at Ibrox over the next month or so before we make a decision like writing him off, both might still come good, spent too much cash to write them off at this point

As I said in an earlier post I watched a training session in Tenerife where the players were doing heavy running drills.They were al giving it everything to the extent of spewing their rings, except one.Grezda was called over by SG and given a roasting then sent back with a flea in his ear.The guy is just playing himself and using up a wage

It’s perfectly reasonable to question Barasic. He clearly has technical ability but looks every inch a shite-bag.

Grezda can’t be judged yet but his injuries will naturally raise questions.

Our support, amazing as it is, is more often than not, nuttier than Tufty’s shit.

Heard Grezda looked a player when he played against Scotland for Albania.

Any truth in that?

Not really from what I seen. Granted he appeared to put the effort in and had a few decent runs but no end product. Only fair we give him a pre-season but I don't see him making it ahead of the other options we have in those positions.

As far as I can tell something has happened between Barasic and Gerrard.
I think … @and maybe it’s just my opinion…the manager sees Barasic as soft and always claiming… to be injured.
Can’t remember which game it was at Ibrox Barasic allegedly fell to the ground and started pounding his fists into the ground because he thought he had picked up yet another injury which did not impress the manager one bit!

Now move forward a couple weeks and Barasic supposedly says he is refusing to play on plastic pitches… which effectively rules him out of quite a few games a season when we have to play Livingston Killie Hamilton and that's just the top league!

I don’t think playing in the rough and tumble of the SPFL is suited to either Barasic or Grezda…plus the jersey unfortunately seem just too heavy for them to wear!

Shame …I really had high hopes ……especially for Barasic.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that after going to the board to ask for something in the region of £3m in order to buy Barisic and Grezda that Gerrard and Allen would be looking to cut their losses on this pair already.

That would be to admit their judgment was flawed and may lead the board to think more carefully about extending similar sums this summer.

Some signings just don’t work out, but it’s too early to make that call on either of these guys.

If we can get our money back on Barisic then sell him. He doesn’t get Scottish football, or what is required of him at Rangers. We can get a lot better than him for £2m.

Grezda seems to be keen, I’d give him a chance to improve. He’s been unlucky with injuries his whole time here. If he still hasn’t hit top form by December then I’d look to move him on also.

Barisic has been ok, nothing special but certainly nowhere near as bad as people like to make out. He’s definitely the new whipping boy.

Grezda I’m unsure of but willing to give him some time. Not every player has to be an instant success.
The problem,and its a big one is the mentally challengeds are closing in on 10 in a row.We also don't have money to waste so our signings really have to hit the ground running.
We don't have the time to wait for players from foreign climes to settle and adjust sadly

Mad they haven't done anything of note between them, I think this is their 3rd team together, and being best friends you would imagine as Croatian and Albanian internationals we should have been seeing a hell of a lot more. Grezda was the best man on the park vs Scotland and I have no doubt Barasic will perform well for Croatia coming up, so the talent is there and performing at international level discounts they need time to settle playing in front of big crowds BS

He had a decent 45 minutes.

FF needs a scapegoat and these two are prime targets. There's no middle ground or patience.

Hardly scape goats though.

Both have been bang average at best and a real worry given the financial outlay.

Hope they both come good but I really don’t see it with Grezda at all.

To the OP we continue to support both players to get fully fit and integrate them into our club.
The likes of Mcoist,Goram and Hateley were written off early in their Rangers careers.

Nah mate, they're shite.

You're shite, he's shite, she's shite, I'm shite and everything is shite.

It's no' fairo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Grezda, I have no idea what he is going to be like, haven't seen enough of him. Barasic looked a tremendous signing at first, but it looks like he doesn't like the physical side of the game, which is no use in Scotland. Fingers crossed they both make it.

To the OP we continue to support both players to get fully fit and integrate them into our club.
The likes of Mcoist,Goram and Hateley were written off early in their Rangers careers.

the hateley comparison has been used so many times on here to excuse newish signings :)

We definitely should. No footballer in history has ever initially struggled at a new club and then improved in time.

Only think Halliday is decent at is for effort and the odd free kick to have a dig at but apart from that he’s pretty piss poor don’t think he put in one decent cross in any of the games he’s played in recently

We're not going to see the best of skilful footballers until we find a way to allow them to use their skills. Asking them to fight when the ref is corrupt and allowing WWF 'tackles' isn't going to do it. We could start by speeding up our play and creating space by our movement. We are too ponderous.

Both need to be shown patience imo.

I think Grezda has the entirety of next season to prove himself, he’s been injury plagued and it’s understandable that he hasn’t hit the ground running. I thought he was outstanding at Tynecastle so he has shown glimpses.

Barisic has less time as he’s featured more, he had a very strong start, was out for months, looked great upon returning and has stagnated.

Folk will craw a lot about how it isn’t possible, but I think all the signs point to Grezda being for the off. We will probably loan him to a second tier German club or something, in the Summer.

There’s no way we’re collecting wingers like this, particularly ones who don’t score when we persist with 433; and there’s no way Jordan Jones will be our best wide signing.

There is simply no room for all of them and we still need much better. Wingers will need to leave, and he never gets picked so it’s obviously going to be him.
Wingers don't work in 4 3 3. You need 3 scorers in the front 3. Not 2 wingers feeding 1 forward. Esp when tjat forward is at his best with his back to goal. How many times Do You see Morelos sweeping in a cut back? Not often.

Back