Nathan-coombes

Good on him. Be a year or two before we see him but hopefully continues his development.

He plays the game with his heart on his sleeve, he looks if he going places.

One slight note of caution, when he is fouled he throws his arms out in displeasure,
he will no doubt be targeted and given a reputation of being petulant.

Hopefully get a cameo in next few weeks.

He’s still a boy mate. Long way away from the first team but certainly looks to have an eye for goal. I suspect if any young strikers get a chance in the next year or so it will be Rudden and Hardie (if he returns to Ibrox).

He’s still a boy mate. Long way away from the first team but certainly looks to have an eye for goal. I suspect if any young strikers get a chance in the next year or so it will be Rudden and Hardie (if he returns to Ibrox).
Wont harm to let him experience Ibrox.

He seems like the biggest talent since Gilmore so I'd show him there is a route into first 11 eventually

I wonder if we'll see him make an appearance or two for the first team as early as next season. Some kids just physically mature quicker than others.

Mbude is the closest to first team material at the moment and should be on the bench for the remaining games

Young lad looks superb prospect

He might be worth a bench place depending upon next few games

Why not give him a glimpse of the first team

Too long?
Did a post on this recently and went back nearly fifty years to Parlane and Johnstone before finding players who lasted more than a few years.
Honourable mention to a few since then like John McDonald, John Spencer and Robert Fleck.
Could argue that it's Ross McCormack, has had a reasonably successful career after Coming through our youths, but, didn't really excel with us.

Why we have had great players come through at 18 before.
He's only just turned 16, could do his development more harm than good to throw him in now and Gerrard would be only too aware of that. Think he could do a job for us, if he was 18 he would be an instant replacement for Morelos!

He's only just turned 16, could do his development more harm than good to throw him in now and Gerrard would be only too aware of that. Think he could do a job for us, if he was 18 he would be an instant replacement for Morelos!
From what I’ve seen of him, he’s a different type of player.

Also very slight compared to Morelos, so jobber defenders in the SPL would chew him up and the media up here would love them for it....

A huge aspect of our recruitment strategy in the seasons going forward should be giving our youth academy products a real go at it. Has worked for so many other big clubs.

Nathan-Coombes you've been gone too long
hqdefault.jpg

Am I right he's quite tall and more athletic than most of the youths?

I suspect Nathan Young Coombes is going to buck the trend and we will see him at the start of next season, if he is not involved with the squad in the next 2 months. That is why he is here and not at the likes of Crystal Palace.

He knows he is going places in the game and also how to get there.

Back