Some of the post about our manager are ludicrous

They are not fans they are mouthpieces for the armchair supporters the speed they are on this forum when we lose tells u

How many games have you seen this season kemo sabe.
Im assuming from your question you think there are improvements? Maybe we see things differently, tell me what improvements you have noticed and i will see if i remember them

There’s the problem we have now, people, not just yourself, willing to accept mediocrity. Feel free, but I'll be demanding success now! Not in two or three years time.......NOW!

It's not accepting mediocrity it's being of a sound mind that you realise things don't change over night. It will always take a new management team 12 months to mold and shape the team into there way of thinking.

Nobody not even mourinho would walk in and make rangers a title winning team in 1 season and anyone who believes after the last decade we have had that could happen is living on cloud cuckoo land.

Demanding success now is because your driven by hatred of celtic and fear of them lording it over us. It should be your love of Rangers that makes you a fan not fear of potential 10 in a row. Remember when celtic won 9 in a row first, it was claimed it would never happen again ever, guess what Rangers did it..... If they win 10 so what football is revolutionary, nothing lasts forever and I don't fear Rangers will be back

I love Rangers through thick and thin and even they disappoint me from time to time it makes the highs better. Let them come after us for we welcome the chase, it's kind of a famous saying around here remember it. Rangers and their fans do things for themselves, we don't care about anyone else

If SG is still our manager next season he will have to deliver the league title simple as that,will be interesting to see how the next 9 games go regarding SG,s future

IIRC There was a lot who wanted Gary Rowett (sacked at Stoke) Garry Monk (sacked at Boro/midtable at Birmingham) Neil fucking Warnock! There was also a bit of chat at Dyche mainly due to being on an wage we could probably better but never a chance of poaching a EPL manager, Dyche is the only one in retrospect who wasn't a bat shit crazy idea ability wise but completely unobtainable. Im happy with Gerrard and hearing Michael Beale and McAllister I think the support team is superb
Loads wanted Graham Potter who I was strongly against. He went to Swansea and they're near the bottom of the championship and he'll be getting the sack soon.

If SG is still our manager next season he will have to deliver the league title simple as that,will be interesting to see how the next 9 games go regarding SG,s future

I don’t actually think he’ll have to deliver the title next season, but he’s going to need to be much closer to Celtic, and by that I mean run them down to the wire, and he’s definitely going to have to win at least one cup.

I get a lot of supporters will be up in arms if he fails to win 55, but I doubt it’ll be a position shared by the board unless it’s a complete shambles with no sign of progress.

After Tuesday nights result some are making comments about the result and giving the manager stick, which is understandable. I hate Rangers LOSING but had we played like we have against other teams this season, we would have won, or should have. Thats where the frustration comes in, and the anger.

Thought I would look at a few stats on some of our previous managers. This information is based on league games only, percentages are to the nearest 0.5%

Bill Struth 975 games 646 wins :198 draws :131 defeats
66% 20.5% 13.5%

Walter Smith 449 303 85 61
67.5% 19% 13.5%

Jock Wallace 303 174 72 57
57.5% 24% 18.5%

Alex McLeish 172 120 31 21
70% 18% 12%

Steven Gerrard 29 17 8 4
59.5% 26.5% 14%

Must admit I was a bit surprised at the Wallace and McLeish figures. Regards Gerrard it is obviously a short period but merely confirms the need to turn a few draws into victories. Fine margins be it down to poor finishing, refereeing decisions etc. I would say though he took the job under more difficult circumstances than the others.

Let's sack a manager every 6 months eh
People that dont think we are on the right track under Gerrard have clearly forgot about successive 4 and 5 nil pumpings to the bheasts as he was announced.
This hasn't been a successful season by any stretch but the overall improvement is there.
Lets start judging Gerrard this time next year.
2 injury time winners for Celtic and 2 injury time equaliser against us is all that separates us in the league.

I got up off of a f*cking nightshift and dragged my arse along to a some of those drubbings by celtic. At no point this season have I feared a repeat. That alone is progress.

Granted it is not where we want to aim for but it has made me a less grumpy person to be around.

It's not accepting mediocrity it's being of a sound mind that you realise things don't change over night. It will always take a new management team 12 months to mold and shape the team into there way of thinking.

Nobody not even mourinho would walk in and make rangers a title winning team in 1 season and anyone who believes after the last decade we have had that could happen is living on cloud cuckoo land.

Demanding success now is because your driven by hatred of celtic and fear of them lording it over us. It should be your love of Rangers that makes you a fan not fear of potential 10 in a row. Remember when celtic won 9 in a row first, it was claimed it would never happen again ever, guess what Rangers did it..... If they win 10 so what football is revolutionary, nothing lasts forever and I don't fear Rangers will be back

I love Rangers through thick and thin and even they disappoint me from time to time it makes the highs better. Let them come after us for we welcome the chase, it's kind of a famous saying around here remember it. Rangers and their fans do things for themselves, we don't care about anyone else

I didn't mention Celtic, in actual fact they weren't even in my thoughts. When I talk of success I'm talking of European success as well as winning titles, which requires beating others teams as well as them.

Back