62 years old, been going to Ibrox for over 50 years, and Tuesday was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match.

WestminsterLoyal57

Was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match. Was told to shove my Gerrard up my arse by a bear in his 20s outside the main stand for the simple crime of trying to defend our manager's decisions!

What on Earth has happened to our support in recent days. Far to quick to jump down each others throats and have a go at each other instead of fighting side by side. You wont find a bigger defender of the young bears than me but I'll admit to being left raging these past few nights over this.

Listen pal if you read this it's not on! Next time you meet a fellow bear out and about buy him a pint I know I will.. We've always had each others backs and it's our biggest strength as a support. Don't let that change over a few years of disappointing results. I will still be there on Saturday. Follow we will!

Being a Rangers fan in recent times has deeply affected our mental well being. Some might say it’s only football ffs there’s more to life than Rangers. For me Rangers is my life with only my family being ahead. What you experienced is not on as I also noticed a lot of shoving and tutting on Tuesday night. We as a fan base are running thin on patience but I believe Gerrard will get us back winning again. Let’s just keep our heads and remember we all have the same love in common. WATP

Was the first time I nearly fought with a fellow bear over at a match. Was told to shove my Gerrard up my arse by a bear in his 20s outside the main stand for the simple crime of trying to defend our manager's decisions!

What on Earth has happened to our support in recent days. Far to quick to jump down each others throats and have a go at each other instead of fighting side by side. You wont find a bigger defender of the young bears than me but I'll admit to being left raging these past few nights over this.

Listen pal if you read this it's not on! Next time you meet a fellow bear out and about buy him a pint I know I will.. We've always had each others backs and it's our biggest strength as a support. Don't let that change over a few years of disappointing results. I will still be there on Saturday. Follow we will!
Sadly as with any group there are some that are complete wankers. Whether it be in work or a football team some folk are just (unts.
Hope your next trip to Ibrox is a more positive one

Buy him a pint then piss in it as a warning to not mess with you lad.

He's lucky it wasn't 'back in the day'when you could have pissed in a can and poured it down the back of his legs.
Fucking whippersnappers.:p

It's society, most kids these days are disrespectful little shits that need their trouser pulled and they're arses smacked with a slipper.

There are toooo many good ones of us,you must know that yourself sir,don’t let one w@nker upset you,people speak highly of us,all over the world!
And I aint quoting status quo.

A lot of folk have this thought that being Rangers means we have some sort of right to win everything all the time.

Juvenile to say the least.

I'm a few years older than the op and been going to Ibrox for over 60 years. I learned a long time ago that there are many varied views among our supporters. You just cannot reason with some of them, especially after a defeat. The night we beat Killie 5-0 there was an absolute roaster sat behind me in the main stand. At one point he actually referred to one of our own players as a "f. ....g mongo". The word "ned" did not begin to describe this guy imo. I was very pleased he was not present on Tuesday night.

Tuesday night reminded me of a European night,a lot of random nuggets around you because the usual season ticket holder hasn’t taken up their ticket.

There was some right wee arseholes there on Tuesday night.

Suppose its always going to happen if a lot of ST holders can't make the night games due to work so when public sale happens, you never really know who is going to be next to you. Get a lot of tourists and random folk that haven't been to games in years that go to these matches for an all-night drinking session, which doesn't bother me, but its not the usual type of Rangers fan who has bought and paid for his ST at the start of the season and can manage every game.

But the atmosphere on Tuesday night was absolute hell, even in the Louden after, sheer downbeat and depression among everyone. Needed a drink after that. Season is done so everything really hung upon that game. Total dejection now.

Looking foward to Celtic getting beat in the Semi or the Final. Jesus this is hard.

He's lucky it wasn't 'back in the day'when you could have pissed in a can and poured it down the back of his legs.
Fucking whippersnappers.:p
In the Louden last month before kick off some youngster was pissing in a pint glass outside in the portaloo queue. Told him folk have to drink from those, when he finished he chucked it in the bin though

There were punches exchanged a few rows behind me in the club deck on Tuesday at halftime too. Bit awkward trying to fight in the middle of the rows up there but each to their own

I am in my sixtys too and have loved and followed my team for as long as I can remember. We have our fair share of bampots. Mostly on European nights from my experience. Thankfully age has mellowed me and have learned to ignore the idiots

I think in general terms, it is a generation thing

The past few weeks have been testing for all of us, I'm not defending anyone but our team and management are stretching everyone's patience.

Think it’s just on par with the rest of society mate.

I think we are witnessing peak fuckwit. Probably a combination of 2012 and the peados winning everything in sight.

It’s fucking hard to be fair.

Having been in Vienna I saw first hand the amount of cretins that have unfortunately chosen us as a club. No point denying it. A weird mix of glory hunting, ned throbbers and folk who think the world owes them something

Had one idiot indicating it would be best for me to sell him my ticket or him and his mates might see fit to take it off me. Like the OP this obviously leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Thankfully I know that isnt indicative of our fans in general. We do however need to be less passive towards this little pocket and challenge it whenever we see it.

Sad to hear about this from fellow supporters. Shows how fickle some in our support are. We all hurt and are all angry after a defeat.
Just to balance. After the Old Firm game on 29th Dec, and its definately an age thing, the amount of strangers who shook my hand and the wee mans when coming out the Broomloan was unbelievable. Not one of these gentlemen were under 30 years old.

Fans fighting amongst themselves is nothing new. Not defending the moron you mention by an means, just pointing out its not a new thing or something that is unique to us.

Definitely a lot more arseholes who don’t know how to behave at the cup games.
Normally everyone’s there on their season ticket, so you know you need to get on with your neighbours at every match.

Strikes me some people think we have the right to roll over teams like we use to...times have changed and we have to earn that right. Some may not like it but it's true. Squabbling amongst each other is not the thing to do, especially when we are struggling.

If 10 Rangers supporters were stranded on an Island....there would be 11 Rangers Supporters Clubs.

We are some of the most passionate and Ultra supporters in the world, everybody has there own way of showing it and sometimes it spills over. Follow on

First game was in 1961 ,seen good time, bad times and will see more good times,the one thing is we stick together and we will get there. The league is not over yet and while we may not win it this year we will soon. In a crowd of 50,000 there always will be a good few roasters and not necessarily young bears. Unfortunately it's their only way of expressing themselves. Ignore them and support the team

Having been in Vienna I saw first hand the amount of cretins that have unfortunately chosen us as a club. No point denying it. A weird mix of glory hunting, ned throbbers and folk who think the world owes them something

Had one idiot indicating it would be best for me to sell him my ticket or him and his mates might see fit to take it off me. Like the OP this obviously leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Thankfully I know that isnt indicative of our fans in general. We do however need to be less passive towards this little pocket and challenge it whenever we see it.
Glad to read that I'm not the only one who thought that about the Vienna trip. There were far too many there who had no chance of getting a ticket and saw it as an excuse to get pissed out their brains and act like morons. We have tens of thousands of brilliant fans but, given the size of our support, we will always have a noticeable number of scumbags - that's nothing to do with our support, it's purely the make up of society.

You're same age as me and same time going to the games mate. I'm 50/50 on SG though but I don't want us to keep chopping and changing managers. However a scum 9 looks a certainty and unless we improve they'll exceed 10 no problem.

Back