Grezda & Barisic

Dunno why folk are giving up on grezda hes hardly played yet and showed promise when he did play vs st mirren , Motherwell and hearts also good for Albania vs Scotland and wales, as for barasic I think there’s a great player in there that needs confidence or needs to adapt to our game still

Potential for both to become good but also potential to go the other way , time will tell and I hope everyone gets behind them rather than criticise

Hopefully both will benefit from a full pre season under their belts :eek:

He had a decent 45 minutes.

FF needs a scapegoat and these two are prime targets. There's no middle ground or patience.

Barasic isn't being made a scapegoat, he simply has not lived up to the expectations we had of him based on his outings against us.

He also seems to be taking the easy options during a match. Although in fairness if you're bottle has gone, then doing so in front of near 50,000 punters is a lonely place.

As for Grezda I don't see how a scapegoat can be made of someone who doesn't get game time?

Barisic was average player in Croatian league outside Osijek. The problem is he is the player for a lower side team like Osijek. When he came to Dinamo, he was gutted after first training. Manager gave him chance vs his ex team Osijek and he was so bad in that game. After that, he never played for Dinamo again, gone on the loan to Dinamos feeder club Lokomotiva. He was average there, nothing special. Meanwhile, Hungarian businessman bought Osijek and Barisic saw the chance to come back and revive his career. When he came to Dinamo from Osijek, he said that Dinamo was his dream club, his parents took him on trainings in FC Osijek in Dinamo jersey, he openly said that he was Dinamo fan from his young age. Of course, Osijek fans hate him after that, but club bought him. That wasn’t all, president gave him captain armband in some weird circumstances. Fans exploded after that because they have much better options, true leaders and club legends. They also pronounce him as a new set piece taker, change him after he missed two penalties in a row which cost them European league group stage. Osijek whole game was based on his crossing, sometimes he crossed the ball more than 15 times in a game. On international level, he was a part of Croatian team composed of players from Croatian league. First time it was China cup, we finished last in our group. His first international game with Modric and company was vs Portugal in friendly game. Now, he is the only healthy left back in our squad, Ivan Strinic has heart disease, Josip Pivaric has ACL injury, Borna Sosa return from injury. Those lads will not play again this season, so Barisic and Leovac from Dinamo are our only options. He is not a shitebag as some of you said, but he is an average player, not a world beater and player worth 20 millions £.

Grezda doesn’t deserve any more patience. Fit or not, he’s never a footballer.

Borna will be a great player. You can see he has ability that Grezda will never have

Agreed. Sometimes you can just tell if someone is a player.

Grezda doesn’t look like he knows what he’s doing. Other players don’t want to pass to him.

In any case he’s had about 14 games. He’s a highly paid professional in a high stakes environment if he can’t show it after that then alarm bells should be ringing.

Borna on the other hand has clear technical ability, making it all the more dissapointing.

Agreed. Sometimes you can just tell if someone is a player.

Grezda doesn’t look like he knows what he’s doing. Other players don’t want to pass to him.

In any case he’s had about 14 games. He’s a highly paid professional in a high stakes environment if he can’t show it after that then alarm bells should be ringing.

Borna on the other hand has clear technical ability, making it all the more dissapointing.

Re Grezda - 14 games but how many starts ( coming from a serious injury )

Re Barisic - again coming from a serious injury !

I hope that perhaps you may want to retract your post after the start of next season - time will tell !

Barasic isn't being made a scapegoat, he simply has not lived up to the expectations we had of him based on his outings against us.

He also seems to be taking the easy options during a match. Although in fairness if you're bottle has gone, then doing so in front of near 50,000 punters is a lonely place.

As for Grezda I don't see how a scapegoat can be made of someone who doesn't get game time?

Have you read the OP?

Ultimately there's no patience from some. There's little patience for a new manager, there's little patience for a new player.

I'm not sure how the team is meant to develop under these circumstances.

Barisic was average player in Croatian league outside Osijek. The problem is he is the player for a lower side team like Osijek. When he came to Dinamo, he was gutted after first training. Manager gave him chance vs his ex team Osijek and he was so bad in that game. After that, he never played for Dinamo again, gone on the loan to Dinamos feeder club Lokomotiva. He was average there, nothing special. Meanwhile, Hungarian businessman bought Osijek and Barisic saw the chance to come back and revive his career. When he came to Dinamo from Osijek, he said that Dinamo was his dream club, his parents took him on trainings in FC Osijek in Dinamo jersey, he openly said that he was Dinamo fan from his young age. Of course, Osijek fans hate him after that, but club bought him. That wasn’t all, president gave him captain armband in some weird circumstances. Fans exploded after that because they have much better options, true leaders and club legends. They also pronounce him as a new set piece taker, change him after he missed two penalties in a row which cost them European league group stage. Osijek whole game was based on his crossing, sometimes he crossed the ball more than 15 times in a game. On international level, he was a part of Croatian team composed of players from Croatian league. First time it was China cup, we finished last in our group. His first international game with Modric and company was vs Portugal in friendly game. Now, he is the only healthy left back in our squad, Ivan Strinic has heart disease, Josip Pivaric has ACL injury, Borna Sosa return from injury. Those lads will not play again this season, so Barisic and Leovac from Dinamo are our only options. He is not a shitebag as some of you said, but he is an average player, not a world beater and player worth 20 millions £.

Why is there a crackpot pretending to be Croatian on this thread?

Players come and players go, some make it, some don't, it's part of the natural turnover cycle in any football team. In the case of Grezda and Barisic my thoughts are - if they leave what is the guarantee they be replaced by better quality replacements? Before signing both players, someone or other at Rangers presumably evaluated them and made a decision that they would represent a major upgrade over what we currently had in those positions. For me, this is the crux of the issue and what I am be most concerned about. Yes, we could offload them, but unless Rangers show better judgement in the transfer market - and in player evaluation generally - we will simply be taking one step forward and one step back, and fall to offer any real threat to the bheasts.

Players come and players go, some make it, some don't, it's part of the natural turnover cycle in any football team. In the case of Grezda and Barisic my thoughts are - if they leave what is the guarantee they be replaced by better quality replacements? Before signing both players, someone or other at Rangers presumably evaluated them and made a decision that they would represent a major upgrade over what we currently had in those positions. For me, this is the crux of the issue and what I am be most concerned about. Yes, we could offload them, but unless Rangers show better judgement in the transfer market - and in player evaluation generally - we will simply be taking one step forward and one step back, and fall to offer any real threat to the bheasts.

Dont worry Mark Allen only recommends players that fit our "ethos, philosophy and footballing strategy".

I'd punt both back to Croatia for a small loss we need far better players than they two

What’s this loss shite I keep hearing ?

Both are highly rated players and internationalists grezda especially will get clubs interested IF we decide to sell .

I reckon we would make a profit on both so it’s not a concern at all .

People just love making something out of nothing .

Both are highly rated players and internationalists grezda especially will get clubs interested IF we decide to sell .

No chance would we get a profit if we sold Grezda in the summer.

This thread is a bit of a joke!

The 2 players are new to the country, the culture and the style of football.

Would it not be easier supporting them rather than using them a scapegoat?

Give them a chance! Instant success does not happen with our budget - people still think it’s 20 years ago!

If I was standing about gormless under performing in my job after 9 months or so I would expect folk to be asking questions.

Barisic is not playing his way into the fans or his teammates good books it seems.

He needs to do more.

Re Grezda - 14 games but how many starts ( coming from a serious injury )

Re Barisic - again coming from a serious injury !

I hope that perhaps you may want to retract your post after the start of next season - time will tell !

I hope so to but I highly doubt Grezda will do anything of note for us.

No chance would we get a profit if we sold Grezda in the summer.

Says who? He’s rated by Italian sides , is an Albanian international and seen as one of their best players , and we only paid £1.7 million for him .

Easily sell on for more IMO.

Grezda has been a disaster. I can't even see him getting much of a chance in the future. Hopefully the deal was appearances structured due to his injury, which think it's likely.

I'll judge them next season, sometimes players need time to settle, they have both been plagued with injuries, lets see how they do after a pre-season injury free.

Says who? He’s rated by Italian sides , is an Albanian international and seen as one of their best players , and we only paid £1.7 million for him .

Easily sell on for more IMO.

I’ll be presently surprised then.

From what I’ve seen of the guy play, and the way he handles playing for a big club, isn’t indicative of someone we’ll sell on for a decent fee.

Really a profit Barisic has been poor and Gredza a disaster when fit

Really a profit Barisic has been poor and Gredza a disaster when fit

They’re relatively youn with good reputations so yes wel would be able to sell them on . We didn’t sign them for huge sums , chickenfeed in fact in today’s market .

It’s just another thing for people to get hysterical about when there’s no need .

Could it be that due to Katic being messed about Barasic and even Grezda to that extent have thrown their tools down? Feel this big lad has had a really raw deal.

Won on Tuesday night. Won against us a few times this season. If you don't think he's got a good attitude you're ignorant.

And that makes him a winner? Dearie me!

I actually think he is a decent player and I haven't questioned his attitude. But that alone doesn't make him a winner! If you think him being in a side that beats us a few times in a season makes him a winner then I have news for you - I'm not the one being ignorant.

Barisic for me needs a pre season as he looks like he’s carrying a bit of weight

The player at Osijek and our first few games is still in there. We just need to get it out of him.

Anyone suggesting Halliday is a better player should take up another sport. And I don’t give a feck that “he’s wan ae us” or “was born on the Copland Road”

I was Hallidays biggest critic and was pretty brutal with him at times but even i'd rather have him at LB than Barisic right now, the guy just doesn't seem to give 2 fks.

I thought he was outstanding at Tynecastle so he has shown glimpses
Exactly my point on Grezda. The majority say he’s shown nothing but he has definitely shown glimpses of talent. Even at St Mirren where he couldn’t get going at all, he made a run and hit the post from the edge of the box out of nowhere. We were terrible that day and it was the closest we’d come to scoring at that point.

It’s perfectly reasonable to question Barasic. He clearly has technical ability but looks every inch a shite-bag.

Grezda can’t be judged yet but his injuries will naturally raise questions.

Our support, amazing as it is, is more often than not, nuttier than Tufty’s shit.
Bar morlelos , theres a lot of shit bags in that team.
Powder puff

Grezda and Barasic need a bit of time and patience. Injuries and settling into Scottish life and football. All takes time.

Some of the stuff on here is mental.

Some of the garbage served up by both, particularly Barisic, is nothing to do with "settling in"....It is rank shitebaggery.

Hiding, lacking commitment in tackles and concentration and basic errors galore.

Nothing at all to do with anything other than personal attitude.

Barasic is a classic case. A couple of poor games after an injury hit season, vague insinuations that he needs to toughen up and now no one can see anything other than a shitebag.

He was far from the worst player on Tuesday and he actually saved our bacon on a few occasions. Neither goal was his fault as far as I’m concerned and he was responsible for 2/3 dangerous crosses - not enough but literally more than the rest of the team combined.

Barasic is a good player, we can’t afford to keep tossing them away. In a better team with a stronger mentality, he’ll shine

Barasic is a classic case. A couple of poor games after an injury hit season, vague insinuations that he needs to toughen up and now no one can see anything other than a shitebag.

He was far from the worst player on Tuesday and he actually saved our bacon on a few occasions. Neither goal was his fault as far as I’m concerned and he was responsible for 2/3 dangerous crosses - not enough but literally more than the rest of the team combined.

Barasic is a good player, we can’t afford to keep tossing them away. In a better team with a stronger mentality, he’ll shine

He does have something I agree.

Its not enough though to take the odd decent corner or free kick your job as a full back for Rangers is to first and foremost defend your side of the pitch and offer something going forward.

You are at Rangers in the first place because your better than anything in Scotland, we are not seeing that.

I reckon he has 5 or 6 games from those left to convince Gerrard to keep him, if he serves up the same shite of shitting out of tackles, launching throw ins to opposition players and shirking responsibility with the ball he will be papped in the summer.

He does have something I agree.

Its not enough though to take the odd decent corner or free kick your job as a full back for Rangers is to first and foremost defend your side of the pitch and offer something going forward.

You are at Rangers in the first place because your better than anything in Scotland, we are not seeing that.

I reckon he has 5 or 6 games from those left to convince Gerrard to keep him, if he serves up the same shite of shitting out of tackles, launching throw ins to opposition players and shirking responsibility with the ball he will be papped in the summer.

I think he’s a ways off being dustbin fodder. The throw-ins tend to be when literally every player is standing like a statue like they did on Tuesday. He launches it because there’s no other option.

And that makes him a winner? Dearie me!

I actually think he is a decent player and I haven't questioned his attitude. But that alone doesn't make him a winner! If you think him being in a side that beats us a few times in a season makes him a winner then I have news for you - I'm not the one being ignorant.
It's not like we're looking to buy world beaters here. I actually don't think we could buy any player at their peak who has won major trophies. The point I'm making is that he has a winners mentality, he seems to hate losing, he gives everything for his team. He's also a decent player in an average team. He'd certainly improve us, and is far more suited to our club than barasic appears to be.

Some of the garbage served up by both, particularly Barisic, is nothing to do with "settling in"....It is rank shitebaggery.

Hiding, lacking commitment in tackles and concentration and basic errors galore.

Nothing at all to do with anything other than personal attitude.
Coutinho so far has been underwhelming at Barcelona and was world class at Iiverpool, teething problems or shitebag?

They have struggled this season. I'm willing to give them a chance and see how they look after a proper pre-season.

Back