Tims and Ajax

Liewell actually met Edwin in Easterhouse ASDA a couple of years ago. Here’s a clip of Liewell meeting another total stranger and introducing himself in a similar way. They have been inseparable ever since.

If you actually look at the proposals and ignore the biased slant on reporting would this idea not be of benefit to us too? It's basically saying a teams coefficient is taken into account rather than the whole country.

I think they’re pushing that any ex winners of the tournament who get a European Place don’t need to qualify and are parachuted right in. Supposedly been Liewells agenda all along.

It’s perfect for them in all honesty. If they win the league they’re guaranteed the CL money no matter what, but when we win the league we’ll have the 4 rounds of qualifying.

I think they’re pushing that any ex winners of the tournament who get a European Place don’t need to qualify and are parachuted right in. Supposedly been Liewells agenda all along.

It’s perfect for them in all honesty. If they win the league they’re guaranteed the CL money no matter what, but when we win the league we’ll have the 4 rounds of qualifying.
That's not what I read from it but it wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to push for that too. But if it's based on clubs rather than national coefficient the it's an idea I think helps Scottish football.

The brass neck on the chunts

Kicked us out of football
Tried to declare us cheats
But quite gladly used the corfficient points
Used them to make 100 million
Made a joke of our UEFA ranking without us
Absolutely goosed for future UEFA money so claim Scotland is holding them back

That sum it up ?

Why should a team who can't make the group stages automatically be placed in the group states just because of their history?

It's good for the money but it feels like it'd just undermine what the tournaments are about. It's for the best or the best, allowing certain teams to skip better teams because of the history is nonsense.

If you want to skip to the group stages then start qualifying for the group stages consistently by proving your better than the rest and deserve to be there but asking to be fast tracked to the group's when you struggle in the qualifiers just comes off wrong.

Celtic join forces with Ajax in bid to force Champions League change

http://flip.it/RdXkOv

Pish or what?

wiomd0.jpg

Didn't the sleekit fat feker become part of some European football group/commitee the other week. I'm sure I read something on here about it

WATP

The brass neck on the chunts

Kicked us out of football
Tried to declare us cheats
But quite gladly used the corfficient points
Used them to make 100 million
Made a joke of our UEFA ranking without us
Absolutely goosed for future UEFA money so claim Scotland is holding them back

That sum it up ?
They facilitated child abuse on an industrial scale. For that alone, they should no longer exist. There is no club in all of football that is responsible for such poison.

As much as celtic would love that it would never happen as it would be completely unworkable in terms of planning qualifiers.

If you actually look at the proposals and ignore the biased slant on reporting would this idea not be of benefit to us too? It's basically saying a teams coefficient is taken into account rather than the whole country.
It would yes but after trying to kill us and subsequently scottish football after just 1 run in Europe, we are a similar run next year of giving Scotland 2 teams in the CL with 1 straight in the groups. %^*& Celtic and their cosying up we will do it ourselves and get that CL money split in half.
We can.achieve all this with present rules

Champions league began in 92' so Celtic have never won it
Not only that , but in the first year of the competition we got to (effectively) the semi final stage and were cheated out of a place in the final.
So as far as the champions league is concerned we have progressed further than them.

They seem to be focusing on the fact it's all the rounds they have to play as being the problem. celtic don't have a problem with those rounds. It's when they get to the later stages and meet better teams they more than often get pumped. So how do they get around this?

They go straight through, but Arsenal or Man City would be pushed into qualifiers to accommodate them? That'll work

They seem to be focusing on the fact it's all the rounds they have to play as being the problem. celtic don't have a problem with those rounds. It's when they get to the later stages and meet better teams they more than often get pumped. So how do they get around this?

Most important thing for Lawwell/them is simply getting into the group and banking the £20-30m income.

They would quite happily accept finishing bottom of the group every season from now till the end of time if they were guaranteed that money year after year.

Last edited:

But they have never won the Champions League,and anyway why would they want to get a crap outfit like them free entry into the CL they have been absolutely garbage and wouldn't offer nothing,I see Liewell looking after Scotland's best interest again namely Celtic.

I thought they already took the club co-efficient (over the last 5 seasons) ahead of the country co-efficient? It’s only if the country’s is higher that it applies.

The last sentence of the article ‘And not just recent years’ hasn’t a hope in Hell of becoming a factor. None whatsoever.

Last edited:
Yea cos villa, forrest, hamburg, red star Belgrade, steau, Porto, benfica, psv and ajax getting automatic entry would go down really well with the other teams in those member organisations

A pipe dream and never gonna happen

Don't relegate your top clubs 4 divisions, maybe you won't cannabilise your own coefficient

CHAMPIONS League.

Current last 8 has 4 champions. 2 2nd place a 3rd and a 4th. 50% chance it is won by a non champion. mental.

2 tournaments.
1. (european cup) Each league's winners go into a group stage. there are 2 qualifiers for the second place teams.
2. (ECWC) Made up of Cup winners and 3rd place from each league. 2nd place teams who go out of the EC in the qualifiers join in the qualification process at the next level from where they went out.

Or similar.

Can see us reverting to this sort of style once the mega clubs fuck and start their own exhibition league with games played in America/ China/ India etc.

I thought they already took the club co-efficient (over the last 5 seasons) ahead of the National team co-efficient? It’s only if the National team’s is higher that it applies.

The last sentence of the article ‘And not just recent years’ hasn’t a hope in Hell of becoming a factor. None whatsoever.

Agreed. The notion having won a tournament over forty years ago should have any bearing on you getting automatic qualification now is too preposterous to consider - even for UEFA.

So they don't want to earn thier right into the CL they just want it handed to them.

A club seeding would certainly be a better way of doing things where clubs who regularly are in Europe rather than Leicester, Burnley and Hull getting a bye to the later rounds and easy draws. Especially given as fans they would probably prefer it as it means more games in Europe.

Reactions: WBD
Back