Gerrard shrugs off secterian chants

Clarke was at it, hes probably been called it since he went to killie but because of the humping they took he made it THE story, plus he probably had heard whispers treacle teeth was getting the gig at the stadium of blight ,, it was deflection nothing more ,although the song needs binned

In their twisted wee minds, that'll make it alright to keep up the abuse

And their mates in the press stop reporting it

I hope tomorrow first and foremost we cheer the team onto victory.

But I’d also like us to terrorise Stevie Clarke and goad fück out him - in a hilarity/legal type of way.

“Cheer up Stevie Clarke, oh what can it mean, to a sad boring bastard......”

Clarke defelcted everything away from the thumping his team got, the fact he said he didnt hear that chants towards Boyd is utterly shameful and embarrassing yet nobody called him out on that.

I wish he wouldn't to be honest. It's the Rangers way and we can see where that's got us.

We need to be boxing far more cleverly going forward.

I’m quite happy for him to carry himself with dignity and continue to be honest. Did you want him to say that he was offended when he wasn’t?

Clarke, like anyone else getting upset by a song or words on a flag, is a bedwetting fanny. He was only going on about it because his team got a doing and he couldn’t take it. All that crap about ‘moving his kids away from it’ is a lot of shite. There are plenty of clubs down south that have issues (racism for example). It makes you wonder why he didn’t move his family to Norway if that was the case.

Correct.

He played out his career playing for a team who sign about people dying in areophane crashes, his own club have fans sing songs at them about people dying in crushes at grounds.

Is it the norm or acceptable behavior as such, no - but such is football fan culture it will be a massive achievement to change it, if it ever does.

The only reason the embers of offence are lit in Scotland re offence at what is said at football grounds is because it helps with content for a dying industry.

The vast majority of people in the ground don't give a %^*&, people not at the ground couldn't care less.

I’m quite happy for him to carry himself with dignity and continue to be honest. Did you want him to say that he was offended when he wasn’t?

Clarke, like anyone else getting upset by a song or words on a flag, is a bedwetting fanny. He was only going on about it because his team got a doing and he couldn’t take it. All that crap about ‘moving his kids away from it’ is a lot of shite. There are plenty of clubs down south that have issues (racism for example). It makes you wonder why he didn’t move his family to Norway if that was the case.
"We don’t support any sort of unacceptable behaviour from the terraces and that is the way it will always be at Rangers. We want to try and stamp it out of the game in general.”

Quote from Steven Gerrard.

He's already condemned it when it was Rangers fans with Clarke. He's doing Rangers and Rangers supporters no favours by shrugging it off when other supporters do it.

It's hypocritical to make light of it when other fans do it. If he doesn't support unacceptable behavior he doesn't support unacceptable behavior. It either bothers him or it doesn't, it's not a selective thing. Especially when it's the Rangers fans taking the brunt of it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...demns-sectarian-fan-abuse-kilmarnock-manager/

a grown man crying about it was quite simply pathetic, not condoning what happened but you would think someone that has been in football that long would be mentally more strong

I like the way SG is playing this and fully agree with him. Everywhere in society people are finding things to be offended by. The throwing of coins, bottles, confronting players on the field, should be rooted out and offenders heavily punished.

As long as a line isn't crossed ie. racial, the mojority of football fans couldn't give a sh1t what is sang during the 90 mins.

Steve Clarke wasn't offended in the slightest either he used it to deflect from his own team's shit form.

The problem with Gerrard's comments today is he will be subjected to all sorts of abuse in a few weeks time at Neverland and if we call them out about it afterwards they can just cite Gerrard's comments here saying he's not bothered by it.

Steve Clarke wasn't offended in the slightest either he used it to deflect from his own team's shit form.

The problem with Gerrard's comments today is he will be subjected to all sorts of abuse in a few weeks time at Neverland and if we call them out about it afterwards they can just cite Gerrard's comments here saying he's not bothered by it.
Gerrard might not be bothered about the chants but that doesn’t make them right.

There isn't a problem with his comments. He wasn't offended, so shouldn't say he was. That's part of the issue, imo. Folk who aren't offended pretend they are or there's a bandwagon to be offended on behalf of, it's pathetic in all honesty.

Not so subtle dig at Clarke !! take more than bad words to drive our manger into wishing he'd stayed in the bastion of religious tolerance England!

There isn't a problem with his comments. He wasn't offended, so shouldn't say he was. That's part of the issue, imo. Folk who aren't offended pretend they are or there's a bandwagon to be offended on behalf of, it's pathetic in all honesty.

It is pathetic but it's, unfortunately, the way society is now.

It wouldn't hurt us to box clever, lie and play the game from time to time to shape the media narrative.

As it is currently everyone can call us whatever they want and we just shrug and say it's fine meanwhile when we say anything it's national fecking news with a karaoke bouncy ball spelling out what we said.

It is pathetic but it's, unfortunately, the way society is now.

It wouldn't hurt us to box clever, lie and play the game from time to time to shape the media narrative.

As it is currently everyone can call us whatever they want and we just shrug and say it's fine meanwhile when we say anything it's national fecking news with a karaoke bouncy ball spelling out what we said.

I know mate, it's a sad environment really. Not saying folk should be free to abuse with impunity, but the pretending to be offended is ridiculous.

Is Steve Clark going to be asked about this sectarian abuse at his press conference ?

Will Steve Clark come out and condem the sectarian abuse aimed at the Rangers manager ?

Clark has a lot to say for himsef about everything in Scottish football these days so let’s hear it Steve

I hope tomorrow first and foremost we cheer the team onto victory.

But I’d also like us to terrorise Stevie Clarke and goad fück out him - in a hilarity/legal type of way.

“Cheer up Stevie Clarke, oh what can it mean, to a sad boring bastard......”

If we sound that the press will lie and say we said 19th Century Terrorist.

I wish he wouldn't to be honest. It's the Rangers way and we can see where that's got us.

Maybe he's just being honest and cannot be bothered getting mock offended, or involved in the pathetic hypocrisy of the Scottish media's agenda.
Pseudo intellectual pricks and bigots like Spiers that have driven the agenda and created a 'problem' that only exists in the minds of bigoted catholic sympathizers. I'd say Stevie is taking the mature, reasonable approach.

We have a club insider saying the sfa must deal with sectarian chants chanted towards Gerrard and now we have Gerrard saying this.

No wonder we get walked all over, is it that difficult to get onto the same page?

Bears, this isn't about the size of our managers baws or how things should be, it's about reality, the here and now.
If it's wrong for our fans to do then the same applies to everyone else. All Gerrard needed to say was "We've already condemned what happened to Steve Clarke, this is the exact same thing, why would you expect me to say anything different? It wasn't right then, it's not right now."
We're embarrassingly amateurish in managing the message.

Or maybe it shows it up for precisely what it is - a media driven industry and a convenient tool to attack one set of supporters.

What he should have added was the press, TV and radio media were never the least bit interested in talking about it though when it was aimed at Rangers staff, players or fans !

I couldn't care less what other fans want to sing...and it's high time the faux outrage was called out for exactly what it is, especially when a fandan running Kilmarnock pontificates on the nature of the West of Scotland, when he spent most of his career playing in front of the wildest racism and violent fans imaginable. Something no one in the SMS never thought to call him out for when he likened London to a fvckin fountain of culture.

"We don’t support any sort of unacceptable behaviour from the terraces and that is the way it will always be at Rangers. We want to try and stamp it out of the game in general.”

Quote from Steven Gerrard.

He's already condemned it when it was Rangers fans with Clarke. He's doing Rangers and Rangers supporters no favours by shrugging it off when other supporters do it.

It's hypocritical to make light of it when other fans do it. If he doesn't support unacceptable behavior he doesn't support unacceptable behavior. It either bothers him or it doesn't, it's not a selective thing. Especially when it's the Rangers fans taking the brunt of it.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...demns-sectarian-fan-abuse-kilmarnock-manager/

There is a difference when talking about your own house and when you are on the receiving end of it from outsiders.

I want Rangers fans to be leaders and show the rest of the country the way on how to behave. Once we click here then we can talk about exclusive safe stand singing zones at Ibrox.

Gerrard rightly doesn't give a fxxk about the bleats of a few moronic aberdeen fans.

The club has highlighted the matter to the SFA so it is not like the club is not reacting to these chants.

Clearly on a personal level for Gerrard it's water off a ducks back.

Yir just a sad snow~flake chancer with a tripe football team...... [None swear words version]

Bears, this isn't about the size of our managers baws or how things should be, it's about reality, the here and now.
If it's wrong for our fans to do then the same applies to everyone else. All Gerrard needed to say was "We've already condemned what happened to Steve Clarke, this is the exact same thing, why would you expect me to say anything different? It wasn't right then, it's not right now."
We're embarrassingly amateurish in managing the message.
Have you even been the target of so called sectarian abuse? (I think we all have) If yes, what did you do about? Lay a charge with the police? Keep quite? Not having a dig at you but we blame the club IF they say something (statements as example) and we blame them when they say nothing. We all have different opinions on this. Where we do ALL agree, its not a level playing field.

Have you even been the target of so called sectarian abuse? (I think we all have) If yes, what did you do about? Lay a charge with the police? Keep quite? Not having a dig at you but we blame the club IF they say something (statements as example) and we blame them when they say nothing. We all have different opinions on this. Where we do ALL agree, its not a level playing field.

This isn't about the individual, it's about the club being made toxic.
"We blame the club if they say something" - generally speaking that's nonsense, the consensus is that we are embarrassingly negligent in defending the club. Any amount of ostriches were on here last Sunday ridiculing the idea of a club statement about the assault on Tav. We had every excuse under the sun why it couldn't be done or shouldn't be done.
Aston Villa showed exactly how it could and should be done.

En garde, again Monsieur Daven.
What is the difference, if you please?

The difference is how you/we react to it.

We want our fans to behave properly. Sure we can sing our songs of celebration of our club and culture but we must cut out chants/songs where it puts down other cultures. The club is right to want this to happen - do you agree?

How other fans choose to conduct themselves is up to them - and remember we are talking about songs/chants and not violence like what the green brigade are involved in.

In a normal country this is how it should be. The pisser in Scotland is that there is a huge imbalance on how sectarian abuse is interpreted, reported and the reactions to it - especially where Rangers are concerned.

The club has put the ball in the SFA court with this so the incident has been highlighted by the club -

A Gers spokesperson said: “The match delegate is aware of sectarian chants from some Aberdeen fans and it is up to the SFA to deal with that.”

As for Gerrard's personal stance - I'd be the same, personally I would not give a fxxk about the chants of a few sheep.

I do get your point about us not being as vocal as others about highlighting sectarianism when directed at us but to be honest this is a fight I, personally, don't want Rangers as a club involved in.

Personally I think this is an issue for fans - as citizens of Scotland - to take up with authorities as this is a bigger issue than just what goes on in football stadiums.

I am sure you will disagree but it is good to get some different opinions on the table about how we should move forward regarding sectarianism.

All that tells you is that our manager oozes class where as others are self absorbed...;)

Our gaffer is the bigger man,baws between his legs,not a phanny.
But we cannot keep biting our tongues on some of these inconsistent, terrible, refereeing decisions.

Our gaffer is the bigger man,baws between his legs,not a phanny.
But we cannot keep biting our tongues on some of these inconsistent, terrible, refereeing decisions.
Rangers should call them out, if they have the balls to do so.

Gerrard won't give a shit about the chants, he probably finds them laughable, funny and it will spur him on even more.

Like he said, he's had them aimed at him all his playing career and it only made him more determined.

That's not the points though, yet more sectarian abuse aimed at Rangers and not a peep.

Kind of sums up the club though.

We apologise, no one else does.

We then as a club make a point of pointing out Dolly's song but the manager poo-poohs it.

They should at least be singing from the same hymnsheet.

Incidentally, what are the club going to be saying after our visit to the scum hut? Because Dolly's warbling will be as nothing compared to what will happen a fortnight on Sunday.

PS, the song about the Ibrox Disaster is far, far worse than @rseholes chanting about sad, Orange b@stards.

I think this has been handled well
The club has put on record the singing by the sheep
Next time there is a. Complaint against us we have the non action on this one to point to
We should register every single instance. Obviously there will be many in the game v them
In addition the manager has pointed out that the old thing is a mock offended pantomime
What happened to Tav, Sinclair and Brenda's house are far more serious issues
Sticks and stones (and Buckie bottles) indeed

Back