Grezda & Barisic

Barasic is a classic case. A couple of poor games after an injury hit season, vague insinuations that he needs to toughen up and now no one can see anything other than a shitebag.

He was far from the worst player on Tuesday and he actually saved our bacon on a few occasions. Neither goal was his fault as far as I’m concerned and he was responsible for 2/3 dangerous crosses - not enough but literally more than the rest of the team combined.

Barasic is a good player, we can’t afford to keep tossing them away. In a better team with a stronger mentality, he’ll shine

I disagree on him not being at fault on Tuesday. I thought he should have tracked McLennan for the second goal. I vaguely recall Goldson giving him pelters for it.

That said, I watched Barisic twice before he played against us and, obviously, in both games against us. He was outstanding in all four. Stood out like a sore thumb in fact. His early performances for Rangers showed promise. I thought we'd unearthed a diamond, quite honestly. Then came a run of injuries, leading to a loss of form and, more worryingly, an apparent loss of confidence. He is, currently, nothing like the player I watched last July and August and is lucky to be holding down a place.

Ability never leaves you, so as far as I'm concerned I know he has it in him to perform at a very high level. Something isn't right though. I don't agree he 'doesn't want to be here' but I think he has confidence issues and is, arguably, finding it hard to cope with the demands at Ibrox. If he can overcome that he will be a great signing. If he cannot then, I fear, he will be back to Croatia at a massive loss within the year. I hope he can turn it around because he can be a massive player for us if he does.

I disagree on him not being at fault on Tuesday. I thought he should have tracked McLennan for the second goal. I vaguely recall Goldson giving him pelters for it.

That said, I watched Barisic twice before he played against us and, obviously, in both games against us. He was outstanding in all four. Stood out like a sore thumb in fact. His early performances for Rangers showed promise. I thought we'd unearthed a diamond, quite honestly. Then came a run of injuries, leading to a loss of form and, more worryingly, an apparent loss of confidence. He is, currently, nothing like the player I watched last July and August and is lucky to be holding down a place.

Ability never leaves you, so as far as I'm concerned I know he has it in him to perform at a very high level. Something isn't right though. I don't agree he 'doesn't want to be here' but I think he has confidence issues and is, arguably, finding it hard to cope with the demands at Ibrox. If he can overcome that he will be a great signing. If he cannot then, I fear, he will be back to Croatia at a massive loss within the year. I hope he can turn it around because he can be a massive player for us if he does.

Fair enough but I thought Goldson was having s go at Worrall. From memory Barasic starting position was a long way up the park and he was still sprinting to get back

Goldson and Worrall were at each other all night IIRC

Fair enough but I thought Goldson was having s go at Worrall. From memory Barasic starting position was a long way up the park and he was still sprinting to get back

Goldson and Worrall were at each other all night IIRC

It adds little to this particular debate but you can see in the highlights that Barisic is tracking McLennan and then gets left for dead as the guy just runs away from him.

He's not right at the moment and probably needs a spell out of the team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47450648

In fairness, Worrall was way out of position as well and it is him that Goldson and McGregor shout at.

Back