We must be patient with Gerrard.

Butcher6

Now is the time to be patient and help him.

He has made some mistakes like making Tav captain and splitting Katic and Goldson upand isn’t above criticism but he has also gave us some great nights in Europe nights I didn’t think we’d see for another few years and also got the monkey off our back re beating them.

He knows what this team needs and he will be backed imo and I also believe we will be a different animal under him next season.

By all means I understand the frustration but he has done some fine work and will be better for it next season imo.

I still think majority back him and like we have all season he needs us so let’s support him like never before.

I back the manager but a blind man can see the 4-3-3 is utter pish against the likes of Killie. Sometimes you need to win ugly and we simply can’t.

“He knows what this team needs”

Hopefully he’ll do a better job of addressing it than he did in the January window.

I hope the majority still back him but the banshees are out in force and making Ibrox an unpleasant place to spend an evening or afternoon.

I don’t blame the fans we are frustrated the players must take the blame their lack of basics re passing defending isn’t on Gerrard he can see it he pretty much said they are playing for their futures and that’s all they have.

We have beaten them comfortably using that formation though. The formation works, its the personnel who aren't doing what they done before.

The formation far from worked today. We only beat them comfortably when they went down to 10 men in the first half, while losing their number 1 goalkeeper. Every other game we have struggled to break them down. They sit in and watch us play sideways passes, or watch Kent cut in and then when we’ve pushed up they hit us on the break. Time and time again and it’s the same vs Aberdeen.

Marquee signings are all very well but if we can't play to their strengths then really , what's the point? We have been here before. We wouldn't have given Warburton, Pedro anymore cash and Murty wasn't allowed. We can get 3 or 4 top quality players in but unless we have a tactical plan in place then it's money wasted imo. SG needs a seasoned campaigner next to him who knows what's required whether it's good, bad or ugly. That should be the first signing.

Let’s not kid ourselves on, recent results mean he will start next season under massive pressure.

Another season like this one and he won’t get a third go.

We’ve won 17 out of 30 league games this season which is frankly awful and if this was some relatively unknown in charge that would have definitely been unacceptable before a ball was kicked this season by most of the support.

As much as I’d like to be optimistic about our chances at the knewcamp in a few weeks it’s likely to be 1 win from the last 6 games after that another horrific stat.

Given that he’s already signed 19 players I wouldn’t be too hopeful of him turning it around in the transfer market either or suddenly becoming more tactically aware any time soon.

Worse still is if you take Morelos out of the side this season and we would be in a battle for 3rd or 4th right now.

I just don’t see how he turns this round short of huge money being spent which won’t happen, we need a more experienced man at the helm or else we’ll be sitting here in a years time having the same debate.

I don’t blame the fans we are frustrated the players must take the blame their lack of basics re passing defending isn’t on Gerrard he can see it he pretty much said they are playing for their futures and that’s all they have.
On days like today, fair enough. When we were 3-0 up against Dundee the other night they were still at it. I really don’t understand why they go to games at all.

He has made some mistakes like making Tav captain and splitting Katic and Goldson upand isn’t above criticism but he has also gave us some great nights in Europe nights I didn’t think we’d see for another few years and also got the monkey off our back re beating them.

He knows what this team needs and he will be backed imo and I also believe we will be a different animal under him next season.

By all means I understand the frustration but he has done some fine work and will be better for it next season imo.

I still think majority back him and like we have all season he needs us so let’s support him like never before.

Time and again, this season and last, I find myself echoing your thoughts.

We have to start with stability. Gerrard has to be backed to lead us going forward.

The reality is, we wasted a lot of time and money with Pedro. Gerrard has had to ship out the remains of that mess, whilst a few hung on sucking wages out the club on loan.

We might have a similar points tally to last year, but this current team would murder Pedro’s team. That’s progress, and I’m backing the manager.

Agreed.

Ripping this up and starting again isn’t going to be much use at this stage.

He needs to take a long hard look at himself in June as well.

He’s made some big calls and got a few wrong.

Sorry pal I don’t fully agree with that. There are people who go to Ibrox and bitch and moan about absolutely everything no matter what.

Yes but we’ve been subjected to an abosolute heep of shit from the team.

Regardless of the attitude of the fans, watching some of these performances is hard going.

Superstevie getting it right !

All joking aside , I still back him but what we are seeing is deeply concerning and there appears no fixing what seems to be a long running problem .

Celtic have been for the taking all season and we haven’t managed to capatilise at all.

Need to be daft to suggest he shouldnt be manager

But equally

Need to be daft to tell people that was almost acceptable today

That today would win us no games for the rest of the season

Forget trying to look after players feelings, they are nothing to you next season

I will tell you what there is some optimistic posters on here or blind
I've always said its about next season but im getting worried this is awful
Dave King and the board are to blame here giving the manager of Rangers to a novice
we are going nowhere until this board appoint a proper manager

We absolutely have though. The problem is inconsistency.

Which is bordering on a weekly basis now.

We smashed 10 men Kilmarnock, Hamilton and Dundee, the other games have been utter shit; Kilmarnock away, St. Johnstone, Aberdeen x 2, Hibs and then again today.

That's not just inconsistency. It's deeper than that.

To be honest, you are right.
It's so frustrating watching this team.

Exactly the word I'd use mate.

They've shown us so much this season. We've went to Ufa and ground out a result with 9 men. We've won at Pittodrie and Tynecastle and won with 10 men. We've kept Villarreal goalless with 10 men. We've went toe to toe with the Tims and beat them.

That's why today is so annoying. We know what they're capable of and they're not showing us.

I remain convinced Gerrard is going to be utterly ruthless this summer. Some starters are going to be out on their arse.

We have no choice but to stick with Gerrard. It would cost a small fortune to fire him, so we can only live in hope.

He’ll be given time unless this poor run continues until the end of the season.

The first 10 league games of next season will probably decide his future.

Back