The best goal we have scored at Parkhead v celtic?

Not the best technical goal, but Super ripping the duffer out of Bonner as he rounded him was amazing. That mad celebration right in front of the bears as twenty thousand of us were going ballistic:)

He teases him with the ball on the way past, magical stuff.

Found it, great watching it all but the goal is around the 4 minute point.

Last edited:
McCoist header in 98 SC semi. I'll never forget him on his knees in front of our support, clutching his shirt, with tears in his eyes. The way he speaks about us now never fails to disappoint but as a 12 year old bear at the time, that moment really stuck with me

A couple of Hateleys when he rounded Bonner are up there for me but Gazza’s is my all time favourite, a great move and majestic finish, was crying with joy at that one, they all wanted him to fail but was a taste of what was to come from him for us

Big Ugo smashing an overhead kick past Boruc

This one is tainted by what happened after, but Novo's that put us 2-1 up in the 2007/8 season was a belter and caused utter chaos in our end.
Novo goal made it 1-1 and yes our end went fucking bananas one of the craziest celebrations imo

Gazza for me, closely followed by Pedro's thunderbolt. Also loved Cousin's opener in the same game, which I haven't seen mentioned yet. Absolutely ragdolled Wilson like a wee lassie and made a c*nt of Boruc at his near post.

That Mendes one was unreal. What a feeling. The cat literally shat itself with us all pished and roaring YAASSSSSSSSSS!:))

Willie Johnston, Aitken try’s to nose him up at the throw, Johnston puts the ball in his face then re tracks his throw, and throws it, Alex Miller hits it on the volley what a goal! Now for the Gods Honest Truth, I was there with my Uncles, one of which was TT, as we’re jumping up and down with hands in the air, what popped into his hand, “Quarter Bottle of Whisky” you couldn’t make it up.

Just asked my old man, as he's been at all the games mentioned and he went for Alex Miller's just ahead of Albertz.

He said when we beat them the day Miller scored in 1980 it was our 1st win at the piggery since 1974.

Amazing to think, especially as we won 2 trebles during that period too.

Of all the goals we have scored at the piggery, what one would you pick as the best goal you've seen?

Here are 3 possible. Great memories, hopefully something similar a week on Saturday.

Any better?

That throw in from wee Bud. A bit of ingenuity and quick thinking.The time we currently take over throw ins and the lack of imagination is a gripe with me.

Just asked my old man, as he's been at all the games mentioned and he went for Alex Miller's just ahead of Albertz.

He said when we beat them the day Miller scored in 1980 it was our 1st win at the piggery since 1974.

Amazing to think, especially as we won 2 trebles during that period too.
Peace process Provan must take as much credit as willie johnston;)

Alex Millers was great because Wee Bud took the piss out of Peace Protest.
However my favourite was a goal from Wee Bud who was put clean through and shot past the advancing goalie. This happened at the Gers end and it was the first game we played there with the new full roof cover. Wee Bud ran right past the goal and right up to the fans. He stood on the terracing wall at the front with us all going mental.
Other than the fact they are thick Micks I never could understand why we got ful cover and their end had about a third covered.
The noise from our end was amazing. My memory ain't what it was but I think we won 4-2 and Bud's was the last goal.

Gazza for me, the goal, the commentary and his celebration in front of the bears. Fantastic

Ronald De Boer diving header in 2002
Yes my favourite! Always remember the replay of the goal, a mentally challenged jumping up and down because they just scored a minute earlier, the camera goes off him as De Boer puts it in the net. Always wanted to see hes reaction!

Back