Candeias reveals what refs say to Alfredo before every game

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Rangers star Daniel Candeias reveals what refs tell Alfredo Morelos before EVERY game
The Portuguese has urged officials to give the league’s top scorer more protection because he’s continually being targeted.

Daniel Candeias insists referees must give Alfredo Morelos more protection after claiming he has been continually provoked from the first day of the season.
And the Rangers winger has urged the livewire striker not to take the bait in next week’s Old Firm showdown after being cleared to play in the March 31 derby.
Candeias revealed whistlers warn Morelos to take it easy before every game due to his fiery temperament has seen him shown 19 yellow cards and four reds this season.
But the Portuguese wants officials to come down harder on the striker’s rivals who he claims are out to get the Colombian and Rangers.
Morelos was involved in a spat with Kirk Broadfoot at the weekend but the Kilmarnock defender appeared to stand on the frontman’s heel before Morelos lashed out.
But the 22-year-old, along with Broadfoot, escaped retrospective punishment due to insufficient evidence which means he will play in the Celtic clash.

(Image: SNS Group)
Morelos was involved in a hat-trick of flashpoints in the last derby at Ibrox before the winter break but again no action was taken.
On the opening day of the Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership campaign he was sent off for kicking out at Aberdeen’s Scott McKenna with the decision later overturned on appeal.
And Candeias said: “People say Alfredo has too many red cards but in all the games the players provoke Alfredo.
“I have said before he is like Diego Costa and he gets provocations all through the games.
“All the people look too much at Alfredo but the referees can help Alfredo in the games because they look too much at Alfredo.

“When the games start, all the time the referees speak to Alfredo and say, ‘Hey, easy today'. But all the time the players provoke Alfredo.
“At the start of the season in Aberdeen, Alfredo did nothing. All the time Scott McKenna provoked Alfredo.
“All the players when they play against Rangers ... I don’t know, have so much anger for Rangers and Alfredo.”
Asked if he expects the same at Parkhead as Rangers head across the city looking to cut a 10-point gap, Candeias said: “Maybe, yes.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...ws/rangers-star-matt-polster-insists-14164833
“I talk with Alfredo throughout the game but it’s his game. He needs to stay in the game with provocations.
“Sometimes when you are 22-year-old you have a strong mentality but it’s a normal reaction to the provocations.
“He is emotional and there are so many emotions in the game. That is football. Alfredo has the mentality. This season, he has too many red cards of course but it will help Alfredo for future years.”

Just the usual slanted reporting Morelos "did' lash out but Clubfoot only "appeared" to stand on his heel, nothing appeared about it he definitely did rake his studs down Alfredos calf and then went down like a sack of tatties after a push to the chest. Also no mention of Clubfoot being the instigator and Alfredo only defending himself.

A ref asking our player not to play to his 100%

Only in scottish football would this fukin happen.

Imagine they asked the like of roy keane patrick vierra gatuso ect to take it easy before a game, theyd be told to %^*& right off.

These players made it big because they played 100% high intensity for 90minutes.

Take it easy, ppft, joke man

We will miss him terribly but frankly the best thing we can now do with Alfie is wrap him in cotton wool before his big move in summer .

If we risk playing him in these last 8 meaningless dead rubber SPL games and he gets a serious injury it would be a disaster for Alfie and for our club .

Tin hat firmly on I’d be playing Defoe until the end of the season to protect Alfie in these last 8 games . £20 million is too much for us to risk .

We will miss him terribly but frankly the best thing we can now do with Alfie is wrap him in cotton wool before his big move in summer .

If we risk playing him in these last 8 meaningless dead rubber SPL games and he gets a serious injury it would be a disaster for Alfie and for our club .

Tin hat firmly on I’d be playing Defoe until the end of the season to protect Alfie in these last 8 games . £20 million is too much for us to risk .
It will never happen, Alfredo will want to be top scorer and he should be allowed to achieve that.

I always see this £20 million getting flung around for Morelos by fans... Am I the only one who doesn't think it'll be anywhere near that amount? I think that maybe £12 million will be closer to the mark.

It will never happen, Alfredo will want to be top scorer and he should be allowed to achieve that.

Nobody is catching him regardless .

What if a clugger Fcks Alfie’s cruciate or breaks his leg in these remaining games ? Is saying “ I wanted to make sure he was top scorer” going to soften the blow to us of £20 million pounds and the effect on Alfie’s career ?

For me it’s a no brainer but I know gerrard will keep playing him . I just hope the worst doesn’t Happen . With our luck I wouldn’t bet on it .

Morelos was involved in a spat with Kirk Broadfoot at the weekend but the Kilmarnock defender appeared to stand on the frontman’s heel before Morelos lashed out.
But the 22-year-old, along with Broadfoot, escaped retrospective punishment due to insufficient evidence which means he will play in the Celtic clash.

That part here is a fvckin disgrace. "Involved in a spat", " lashed out", "insufficient evidence". Aye, because it'd have meant Broadfoot was banged to rights and Alfie innocent.

Morelos is provoked in a premeditated assault, not formthe first time and ypu'd think, from that, he was involved in a square go..!

As for the referees, shame on you all. Yer targetting this lad and we all see it ! 19 yellows and four red..??! That is insane. There's players who don't see that in a career not three-quarters of a season.

A fvckin witch-hunt, nothing more, nothing less. I watch this lad most weeks and he ain't dirty. UEFA need to review Scottish officiating...it's hopeless and it seems, bent !

Something needs f*cking done about this. There is far worse than him in the league who get away with all sorts of shite week in week out.

I always see this £20 million getting flung around for Morelos by fans... Am I the only one who doesn't think it'll be anywhere near that amount? I think that maybe £12 million will be closer to the mark.
No because his value is higher than dembele.....he is better than him so no £20m is correct.
He has 29 goals in all competitions including 4 in Europe, so I expect £20 no less

So they warn him before that match so when he commits a foul the refs are thinking ‘I warned him and he’s still doing it’ so it’s a booking right away.

If this is true then it is a disgrace and the referees are guilty of pre-judging the man, i.e. Alfredo is a victim of prejudice. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are also thinking of all the previous times this has happened and the effect then becomes cumulative.

The truth is there for all reasonable people to see – 13 yellows and 4 reds yet not a serious challenge amongst them, no serious danger to opponents whatsoever. Unlike the potential leg breakers we see going unpunished on a regular basis.

Thats a warning before he's even on the pitch, whereas every other player get their first and in some cases, 3rd, 4th, 5th .6th, 7th , 8th, 9th and 10th before they get a warning.

This is unacceptable now, Rangers need to get this sorted before the fan base and their paying customer piss off and watch the rugby.

The important bits that sum up Scottish football

“When the games start, all the time the referees speak to Alfredo and say, ‘Hey, easy today'. But all the time the players provoke Alfredo.

“All the players when they play against Rangers ... I don’t know, have so much anger for Rangers and Alfredo.”

The treatment of Alfie by these thugs/racists/the rest has been disgusting. Open season on him & us as a club.

Reactions: LD5
So Alfredo is issued a warning before a ball in even kicked? That is a complete joke. You have genuine thugs in this league being lauded and one of the better players is the one getting the scrutiny from referees.

The mentality of a number of refs has been clear for most of this season and Candeias comments only confirm this:

1. Warn Morelos that you are watching him, before the game starts.

2. Book Morelos at the first possible opportunity, to show that you weren't bluffing.

3. Hope that 1 & 2, together with the fear of getting a red card will make him alter his game.

4. If he doesn't alter his game, give him a red card, safe in the knowledge that Sportscene and the Scottish mhedia will back you 100%.

Last edited:
Further evidence that we are being reffed to different standards than the rest, even more so in the case of Morelos.

We are being hindered before we've even set foot on the park because the ref is basically admitting he'll be watching one player closer than all the others, and straight onto him for the first misdemeanour.

The club should ask Candeias to explain this to them in full. Then go for the corrupt officials and governing bodies in this country.

So here is the proof that he's singled out before every game.

And to think that there are still people on here who think he's not refereed differently to every other player in Scottish football.

An utter disgrace.
Totally agree. The powers that be are an absolute disgrace to the game,every department seems hell bent on keeping us down,if Alfie wasn't wearing a Rangers top would he come under the same scrutiny,I think not and I'm glad at least one of his team mates comes to his defence. Wonder if he'll be hauled up before the beaks. They should be publicly ridiculed over it all,not that that would make much change. The silence from the club is beginning to grate as well,they should be giving them both barrels and highlighting the corruption for all to see.

I agree there's something in that. The club needs to protect him and hopefully we'll cash in in summer. I would dearly love him to stay but its not in his best interests at all now :(

I'd still like to see him play the rest of the season now, but maybe with the agreement he comes off for Defoe if its looking like he's being targeted.

In the head of the referee he might be thinking he's helping out and trying to do the right thing.

I would suggest that when out on the pitch and something happens the ref thinks "I've already spoken to him"...yellow card.

While everyone else gets the "taking to' on the pitch after the first dodgy tackle.

Except it's not just the fans , that's the figure Stewart Robertson put on Morelos at ORSA and that would be the starting figure .

So every game he is apparently on a warning before a ball is kicked.

He’s not being singled out at all.
So much anger for Rangers and Alfredo,the word that should be involved is “hatred “.
Our player is “singled “out and “victimised “,before he even steps on to the pitch.

No because his value is higher than dembele.....he is better than him so no £20m is correct.
He has 29 goals in all competitions including 4 in Europe, so I expect £20 no less
I just don't think it will be that amount.

Dembele was never worth half of that either. Still don't know if that WAS the amount or if it was, how they got that much for a player in Scotland.

Can you imagine what his value would be now if he had signed for Celtic?

He would still be top scorer, but he would never have had the same amount of cards, and he would have stayed on the park for 90 mins each game and never had a ban.

I just don't think it will be that amount.

Dembele was never worth half of that either. Still don't know if that WAS the amount or if it was, how they got that much for a player in Scotland.

It is up to the club to decide a value and for other clubs to try and negotiate. Start at £20m and see what happens, or even higher.

So here is the proof that he's singled out before every game.

And to think that there are still people on here who think he's not refereed differently to every other player in Scottish football.

An utter disgrace.
We now need a follow on but much harder statement from our board...

That would wind me up being singled out prior to every match. Totally unacceptable. Why hasn't the club challenged this?
Yet another example of being refereed to a different standard.

I hope Rangers have been made aware of this and demand an explanation on why he’s treated differently from every other player. Ridiculous. Wouldn’t happen anywhere else but this sh!thole.

I honestly believe the foreigners and even Gerrard are unable to understand nor get their heads round this.

I honestly believe the foreigners and even Gerrard are unable to understand nor get their heads round this.

Oh, I don't know....Candeias hates them, Goldson is quite clearly no fan of Aberdeen...

I think they get it. I think Stevie G does too. I expect us to emerge stronger next season.

But Lee McCulloch thinks that trying to get a player sent off is all part of the game and is okay with his "pal" Broadfoot deliberately trying to get Jack sent off last year and Alfie this year.
We've had many hard players in our teams over the years but none that set out deliberately to get an opponent sent off,I would like to know who McCulloch played with at Rangers who came in to that category because I can't think of any.

Who has told the Refs to say this? Have the Refs colluded to say the same message?

Certainly needs ‘clarification’

In the head of the referee he might be thinking he's helping out and trying to do the right thing.

I would suggest that when out on the pitch and something happens the ref thinks "I've already spoken to him"...yellow card.

While everyone else gets the "taking to' on the pitch after the first dodgy tackle.
Exactly, Morelos has had his warning prior to the game starting , they are then breaking their necks to book him at the first opportunity .

Secondly, I have watched hammer throwers commit foul after foul , sometimes on Morelos himself, before even receiving a talking to let alone a card .

If that isn't skewed refereeing ,what is.

Back