Jim White blames us (and them) for last night

Sam_Seaborn

This was mentioned in the media thread, but I felt it warranted it’s own. This prick has managed to shoehorn our name into a rant about last nights game.

‘Celtic and Rangers should be ashamed’ Jim White hits out after Scotland’s latest humiliation

By David Fowler
JIM WHITE has pointed the finger at Rangers and Celtic on the back of Scotland's latest international embarrassment.
The radio and Sky Sports News host insisted the Old Firm had to take responsibility for yesterday's humiliating defeat to minnows Kazakhstan.
[COLOR=rgba(79, 50, 28, 0.901961)]Jon Raine/talkSPORT
Jim White blamed the Old Firm for Scotland's latest embarrassment
[/COLOR]
The shambolic 3-0 loss has been branded the WORST in our history - with many fans demanding Alex McLeish to be axed.
But in a bizarre take, Gers-daft White pinned the blame on two of the country's biggest clubs.
Speaking on his talkSPORT show, he ranted: "Celtic and Rangers should be ashamed of themselves in terms of what they're doing or not doing in the international scene.

"Celtic are too busy, they're too preoccupied in trying to dominate Rangers, keeping them at arms length... Rangers trying to get back, competing with Celtic.

[COLOR=rgba(79, 50, 28, 0.901961)]Reuters
Alex McLeish has been castigated by the Tartan Army
[/COLOR]
"Celtic and Rangers are too busy undercutting each other in terms of tickets for away fans at Old Firm games... 'give them that, that will suit them'.
"It's pathetic. And then they're still trapped in sectarian bile.
"Rangers fans, quite recently again, the finger pointed at them for verbally abusing Steve Clarke.
"Once they come out the dark ages and realise they have a duty to serve Scotland, they might well progress."

AMATEUR DRAMATICS ‘One of the worst footballers I’ve seen’ Celtic star slammed by Queen’s Park’s ace

@Gregco_ fumed: "@JimWhite is an absolute embarrassment. Talksport is laughable today. He should never be welcome to do another Rangers event again."
Gers fan @grantrudder wrote: "Jim White is a clueless bastard talking absolute s***e on talk sport as usual".
@rangerslad1983 raged: "Jim white blaming rangers and celtic for the scotland national team being s****. pretty funny how rangers have no scotland international players. But celtic have 4. ".
Another angry Rangers supporter, @JamesJamezrfc1, seethed: "Jim White "Rangers have a duty to help the Scottish national team and drag themselves out of the dark ages".... this a***hole should never EVER be connected in any way shape or form with our club."

Last edited:
I don't believe even that thick moron White believes the script put down before him every day to deliberately stir up " controversy" and ratings for his shitey radio show. He's a congenital idiot.

In my 45 years, the national team has continually found new ways of plumbing the depths of embarrassment. Even more so now it’s predominantly filled with mentally challengeds and sheep.

Quite what that has to do with us cutting the vhermins allocation .... Quisling White’s mental gymnastics have gone into overdrive there.

All to do with his move to talk radio. Looking to stir up controversy with Old Firm game approaching. Has no idea about Scottish football now. Sucking up to his his corporate pals like Alan Brazil. Talksport must have a free bar in the studio.

I would love to know how any of what he mentioned affected that performance yesterday, what an absolute fucking weapon. If you want someone to blame, blame the SFA for falsely demoting us and setting the country back the best part of a decade, blame the SFA for not bothering their arse about the stone age set up they have. Of course that is if you have any sense, if not just blame a team that had absolutely no involvement at all.

So cutting ticket allocations and singing songs.equates to Scotland being shite.bwhahaha.%^*& up ya alky arsehole

I know what is bad for the Scottish National Team, it's Rockets like Jim White.

Who would have thought that singing a "bad" song at Stevie Clarke has an effect on the Scottish players that make them play like the Muppets.

Jim, you and your comments are the reason why there is a lack of support and why people like myself would not go to watch Scotland even with a taxi and free bevvy thrown in.

That has to be the daftest thing I’ve ever heard.

He’s actually blamed a spat over a ticket allocation in a Scottish league match for the downfall of the National team. There’s only one photo that can sum that up.

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.png

Unfounded nonsense that's distracting from the real issues Scotland have.

For the sake of humouring let's take his points on Rangers and Celtic being focused on each other, surely this would mean players playing with a higher standard and intensity, and in turn bringing the best out of our Scottish players and those we play against.

So how exactly is that detrimental and in any way connected to Kazakhstan walking over us.

White went off on one today on Talksport shoehorning Rangers and sectarianism into the Scotland debacle.

By the way about 10 minutes later they discuss the Declan Rice "up the Ra" comments. He previously had a show highlighting the Steve Clarke chants but the IRA references were quickly dismissed with a "let's move on" comment.

Anyway later on in the show - 2 minutes into this clip - he backtracked on the Rangers/sectarianism issue. Did Rangers make a complaint or were they inundated with complaints from supporters?

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1553248800/1553257800/

Last edited:
Singing songs about Clarke is bad for Scottish football, but not about Boyd? That's the level of his argument

Oh, and us competing with them is good for the game. National teams in one horse.leagues rarely qualify for tournaments. Germany is an exception to the rule

To use Kelly Ann Woodland's phrase,bawbag, imo this is what White is,surely he cannot be invited to any official Gers functions from now on.

Latest in his having a go at us in recent months whilst playing up to the other mob at every turn .That's in between telling every guest how great they are and how he agrees with them . Total arsehole / creep and I switch off when he starts . Should never be near our club or functions .Good when he is off and someone else running the show .

I thought that Rangers had five starters in the under nineteen match against Turkey?
I thought that Scotland won this game 3-1.
I thought that Rangers had seven players in total involved in that match.
I thought that the star player in the team was brought through the youth ranks by Rangers and if he hadn't gone to Chelsea it would have been eight players.
I thought that this is doing something for the future of Scotland.

I think Jim Whyte is now rhyming slang for jobby. ;)

A guy just saying words to kill airtime with no thought of consequences, just like Steve Clarke he rants without knowledge or insight.

How the %^*& are Rangers to blame for Scotland being utter dug shite? How many Rangers players get picked to play for scotland? And if a Rangers player is picked to play for Scotland then the Scotland fans fucking boo them! Rangers or Celtic are not to blame for whats going on with the national team, the blame lays with the SFA. They are too busy trying to punish Rangers for this, that and fucking everything and do nothing to improve the game on a whole.

Back