Scottish Media should share blame for Scotland result

BrownBrogues

For the last two years we have heard the likes McGinn, McKenna being talked up, and their value. The truth is they are terrible and got found out last night. The Media talks them up and Eck picks them. Most Football writers and pundits in this Country wouldn't know a good player if they booted them in the face.

For the last two years we have heard the likes McGinn, McKenna and the being talked up, and their value. The truth is they are terrible and got found out last night. The Media talks them up and Eck picks them. Most Football writers and pundits in this Country wouldn't know a good player if they booted them in the face.

If your international manager is making populist decisions with regards to team selection, then he shouldn't be manager. The midfielders are decent (though overrated) but were let down by the lack of balance in the midfield with a player like McTominay.

If your international manager is making populist decisions with regards to team selection, then he shouldn't be manager. The midfielders are decent (though overrated) but were let down by the lack of balance in the midfield with a player like McTominay.

All over hyped, Eck is a footballing dinosaur. He was a panic appointment after O'Neil shunted them. That result sums up everything about the incompetent Men running our game.

For the last two years we have heard the likes McGinn, McKenna being talked up, and their value. The truth is they are terrible and got found out last night. The Media talks them up and Eck picks them. Most Football writers and pundits in this Country wouldn't know a good player if they booted them in the face.

Spot on. This plus the Tartan Army’s revelling in failure.

I think the idea that McLeish picks his squad based on what the tabloids/SSB will say is utter nonsense, tbh.

By all means folk should have a go at the players and Manager for yesterday's result, but making stuff up as some kind of reason is just daft!? o_O

Last edited:
When a manager can't pick his own staff and is forced to work with 'celtic minded' assistants just because he's seen as 'Rangers minded', the whole game is fecked beyond repair. And much of those decisions are definitely driven by the media agenda in this country and the SFA's spineless tiptoeing around their 'sensitivities' to try and avoid bad press and criticism. Pathetic.

When a manager can't pick his own staff and is forced to work with 'celtic minded' assistants just because he's seen as 'Rangers minded', the whole game is fecked beyond repair. And much of those decisions are definitely driven by the media agenda in this country and the SFA's spineless tiptoeing around their 'sensitivities' to try and avoid bad press and criticism. Pathetic.

He had Grant as his assistant at a number of his club jobs.

All we have heard for 2 years plus is "the old guard should be banished and replaced with younger players like Shinnie, McKenna etc"

Shinnie was more than torn apart last night, it could actually have as much effect as to where he goes in the summer and even being picked for Scotland again.

10M for McKenna? 10m what.....gingie bottles? He is another over rated shitehouse bigged up by the retards in the Scottish media circle.

The howled for Strachan to go...he went. They howled for SPFL dross to play...they did. Cuffed off Israel and now Kazakhstan.

Scottish football is screwed on so many levels it’s no surprise how bad we are now internationally .

Playing each other 6/7 times a season domestically is a laughing stock

Brick hard plastic pitches a bad joke

Terrified of one club officials have become paralysed and unable to do a competent job

A split in the league which makes a fixture imbalance , the laughing stock of world football

Dwindling sponsorship deals and a clown of a negotiator making it worse year on year

Bitterness and hatred towards one club being all consuming , removing reason and normal thinking

Kick and rush football with violent tackles seen as a standard part of the game

Government interference annually painting fans in the same light as the Nazi death squads for singing naughty songs

Fans treated like shit even from our own clubs

Those are a few reasons I’ll think of more when I have time .

The Scottish media are constantly, vastly over hyping most of these players.
Mckenna, for example. If you just listened to the media without seeing him play, you would think he was the best center half in Britain. He looked like a little boy lost yesterday. As did Shinnie.
If Mckenna and Co. stopped just trying to wind up quality opponents like Morelos, and actually try to use football ability to get the better of them, Scotland might have a few players who are capable of competing better at international level.

Eck and his side kick represent an era of football that is so far in the past its scary

There may be a point in that, however is he asking them to do anything differently to the physical brutal shite we see passed as football in the SPL?

No he isn't....which is why Scotland get absolutely rodgered up the arse at International level.

The players now playing for the national team are playing in a league which encourages brutal tackles and is excited more by that on a Rangers player than actually any skillful piece of football on show.

No other manager will get them any better because they simply don't have the technique to operate at that level.

Scottish football is screwed on so many levels it’s no surprise how bad we are now internationally .

Playing each other 6/7 times a season domestically is a laughing stock

Brick hard plastic pitches a bad joke

Terrified of one club officials have become paralysed and unable to do a competent job

A split in the league which makes a fixture imbalance , the laughing stock of world football

Dwindling sponsorship deals and a clown of a negotiator making it worse year on year

Bitterness and hatred towards one club being all consuming , removing reason and normal thinking

Kick and rush football with violent tackles seen as a standard part of the game

Government interference annually painting fans in the same light as the Nazi death squads for singing naughty songs

Fans treated like shit even from our own clubs

Those are a few reasons I’ll think of more when I have time .

The pundits greeting last night and today are beyond parody, these are the same bangers who on a weekly basis selectively ignore sheer brutality in the SPL depending on which club and which player is involved and then basically encourage it when it suits them.

Scotland, or at lease the slabbering minority, have exactly the set up they wanted and deserve.

If your international manager is making populist decisions with regards to team selection, then he shouldn't be manager.

This does my nut in, coming to the same conclusion as lots of other folk doesn't ipso facto make it wrong.
On the selection it's a case of garbage in, garbage out. The standard of 'football' up here is worse then it's ever been but, as long, as their team profits nothing will change for the officials and the mhedia.
Eck isn't up to much these days but he doesn't have much scope to do anything different, does he?

It's all our fault don't you know.

If you look deeper at how the game in Scotland is allowed to be conducted

Any game played in Kazakh by Aberdeen Hibs or Kilmarnock would see them finish with 7 men and 3 penalties.

Ask yourself why these teams never got a sniff at Europa League in our absence.

That’s also why this season is so painful when you can see the difference in level and being continually denied by referees conditioned to accept absolute shithousery as correct, while international level footballers that throw their hands up at the nonsense are public enemies

Don't worry we'll beat San Marino 0-1 and all will be well again and they will all go back to being £30m players.

Too many of the players have stupid haircuts and hipster doofus beards. Last time Scotland were any good the players had perms.
Big Eck should be looking for players groomed like that or better yet with Afros.
The Hair Bear bunch rocked too so need I say more ?

You can imagine them behind the scenes, frantically trying to come up with a scenario to blame us for the mess last night. And for the Scottish game overall.

This does my nut in, coming to the same conclusion as lots of other folk doesn't ipso facto make it wrong.
On the selection it's a case of garbage in, garbage out. The standard of 'football' up here is worse then it's ever been but, as long, as their team profits nothing will change for the officials and the mhedia.
Eck isn't up to much these days but he doesn't have much scope to do anything different, does he?
Liam Cooper and Barry Douglas are part of a defence currently premiership-bound, this will be Barry Douglas' 2 promotion in a row after an impressive season with Wolves. Neither can even get a call-up because of two average Aberdeen players in McKenna and Shinnie (who doesn't always play lb), I agree that McLeish doesn't have a great pool of talent but he is clearly people pleasing because he cares more about staying in a job and being liked than actually doing his job properly. I wish for his sake he would've retired from management after Birmingham.

Who was that right back palmer? I thought we couldn't scrape the barrel anymore when o Donnell was playing but I was wrong

We’re a cuntry that stands back and applauds as cloggers like Power, Dicker, Porteaus, McKenna etc boot promising talent off the pitch. Negative football and plastic pitches are welcome. We don’t like foreign players or fancy dans or new ideas like VAR. As long as Celtic win every trophy, everything is a-ok. It’s truly a shite state of affairs.

It's got nothing to with the media. If they were playing brilliantly and making the tournament finals would the media be due credit?

Who was that right back palmer? I thought we couldn't scrape the barrel anymore when o Donnell was playing but I was wrong
He was shocking, he had no idea what was going on around him, so with him, a distinctly average midfielder playing at LB, and the useless McKenna and Bates not knowing where each other were, it’s no wonder goals were conceded. Picking McGregor as captain was a shocker as well, and if anyone suggests McBurnie for Rangers ever again, I’ll come looking for them.

The media is to blame for most if not all of what has made Scottish Football a Basket Case, and they know it, they love it. A good game no serious incidents or a bad game with lots of controversy,which one do they prefer.

It's got nothing to with the media. If they were playing brilliantly and making the tournament finals would the media be due credit?

We won't be making any tournament any time soon. My point being The Media rallied for McKenna for Scotland, and Championed Bates for leaving Rangers. Both we were told are now multi million pounds Players. Both were horrible last night and way off International class.

I'll give the media a pass on this one.

They can talk the game up or talk it down but either way it's still rubbish.

We won't be making any tournament any time soon. My point being The Media rallied for McKenna for Scotland, and Championed Bates for leaving Rangers. Both we were told are now multi million pounds Players. Both were horrible last night and way off International class.

The media didn't pick them yesterday. The media didn't make Bates leave. The fa t those two or anyone else was pish yesterda has nothing to with the media.

Bates leaving Rangers has nothing to do with Scotland, he's playing at a higher level in the Germany even in their 2nd league than he would be in Scotland. It's got nothing to do with the media. Literally nothing.

I feel sorry for Eck. Whilst I don't rate him as a manager anymore at all, I really can't see how we could do any better with a different manager? Name me one single player who was available that wasn't picked yesterday that would improve that team?

The media is to blame for most if not all of what has made Scottish Football a Basket Case, and they know it, they love it. A good game no serious incidents or a bad game with lots of controversy,which one do they prefer.
It's the refs that actually do the damage, though.

The blunt truth is that our players are pish.

Until we stop having referees who allow every Tom Dick and Harry to kick the shit out of skilful players, we'll never progress.

I said the same thing yesterday on another thread. Remember Oduwa being called "disrespectful" for his heel flick amazing skill that got him booted into touch.

Any footballing nation that values effort and thuggery over skills is fucked.

Ceptic probs don’t even want McKenna. They made an offer that the sheep turned down and the press are trying to bump up the fee, this is a sort of payment to Aberdeen for being good at helping out the scum.

Spot on op, when you hear fuds like Dalziel and Mark Wilson talking abut Forrest and McGregor playing at the highest level etc, they never seem to take into account the highest level in Scotland means more or less fck all.

You would have though the endless pumpings in europe would have taught them that.

Its embarrassing

Back