Fulham line a move up for Ryan Kent

Blue Tack

From The Sun so wouldn’t read too much into it however if Brian Talbot was on a scouting mission as it says then there may well be a grain of truth in it .

Fulham are eyeing a swoop for Rangers loan star Ryan Kent – AND Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke.
Cottagers spy Brian Talbot went to Scotland last week to check out the winger in the Ibrox clash.

WILLIE VASS - THE SUN GLASGOW
Ryan Kent celebrates scoring at Ibrox

The London club may try to BUY Kent from Liverpool while Steven Gerrard bids to bring him back to Gers for a second season on a temporary basis.
Talbot was also looking at how managerial candidate Clarke does it at Killie — he is regarded as a live contender for the post with the EPL strugglers.

Scott Parker is doing his audition with the team just now while Fulham are also looking at how Lee Johnson plays at Bristol City as they take time over their next appointment.
Many Fulham officials are keen for Parker to succeed and get the job.

Kent is decent and exciting though a serious lack of goals considering he plays nearly every game, itll be a loss but unless hes scoring more it wont be that hard to replace him if we spend some money.

Id rather he stayed and added goals to his game, goals to his game for me would then make him a player we cannot afford to lose out on.

On the whole, he needs to add more goals and assists to make him worth the outlay.

Murphy got a hard time, but his return was far higher, in direct goal contributions.

The assist comment is pointless. He could beat 5 men, round the keeper, square it to a team mate who then sclaffs it.

Agree about having a better end product, composure in front of goal.

I like Kent, exciting player and would keep him if possible but he's not worth breaking the bank for.

Has incredible ability. Like 99% of wingers though he is inconsistent, he needs to add more goals to his play and he isn't anywhere near decisive enough.

I'm torn because I think he can improve, with us, but I don't know if i'd be spending what Fulham will be able to.

Is the best outcome for everyone involved (us, kent and Liverpool, f*ck Fulham) him extending his loan another year?

The assist comment is pointless. He could beat 5 men, round the keeper, square it to a team mate who then sclaffs it.

Agree about having a better end product, composure in front of goal.

I like Kent, exciting player and would keep him if possible but he's not worth breaking the bank for.

Goal opportunities/assists - maybe should have provided clarity.

He had a spell of 2 games (celtic being one) where I thought he could do anything but that was it.

Was shite before he had they lay off for a month and shite again now. I'm not a fan in all honestly

Last edited:
Kent is not the the end product yet but if we sign him I expect him to develop into a top player over the next few years then be moved on for a lot more than we paid.

All comes down to money as always, if Fulham are interested it might well put the price beyond what we would pay.

It depends on the asking price for him. Don't see, or think we should be paying 4/5 million for him.

I cant believe Kent is being slated on here by some as average or worse. He is one of the most exciting Rangers players I've witnessed in my 58 years of actively supporting the club. He terrifies defenders and hes only 22. Loads more to come from him. I hope we can keep him. The likes of Jordan Jones are only half the player Kent is.

Think Kent has benefited massively from Murphy getting the long term injury

Sadly all it takes is for a club like Fulham to be interested in a player and we are immediately priced out of it.

Kent seems genuine when he speaks about how much he loves it here, could be out of his hands though.

That's the way I see it also, like the wee man a lot though. Hopefully we can get something put in place that's beneficial to the lad and he stays a bit longer.

FWIW, I don’t see Kent choosing Fulham over Gerrard and Rangers, should we match the transfer fee.

Kent has been a complete hit or miss in his short career away from Anfield.

He loves it here and I’m sure he recognises that Gerrard gets the best out of him.

I get the feeling he doesn’t want to kick around the championship low EPL clubs. I think he gets it here and would choose us over these type of clubs

Fulham will be get a massive fee for sessegnon in the close season 40 -50m and will be able to pay big money (and liverpool might fancy sessegnon too and offer players in return)

I'm not sure about spending money on Kent anymore. I'd probably take him on loan again. Constantly flatters to deceive, runs into blind alleyways, ignores his full back making over lapping runs, picks the wrong shot/pass.

He's got plenty of ability and skill, but he needs to improve his decision making quickly.

What a change in opinion a few months make.

Do a poll in between December 30th 2018 and before we played Kilmarnock at Rugby Park, we’d all be worried someone else would take him before we could.

I really like Ryan Kent however the number of goals and assists are really poor given the positions he finds himself in.

If we could get him on another loan then great but we need to have our 3 front men puting up good numbers (goals& assists) every season to have any chance of winning trophies.

We need an upgrade on both him & Candieas next season in my opinion.

I’ll be honest for the money we’d have to spend on him I think we could get better
not sure about that every player has a dip in form/lost confidence during a season, we all loved him up until january or so he will come good again and maybe add more goals this time if we keep him.

I rate Kent but for an outlay of 4 or 5m we need more in terms of goals and assists. Ideally we get him on loan and spend that sort of money on another 1 or 2 to help him.

He's an inexperienced player.

He'll be better next year. We know what he can do...let's improve what he's not quite so good at and make that fee justifiable rather than throwing slightly less at a "better player" who then doesnt even make the grade

Can't see how we could afford the fee/wages for him. The sort of permanent signing we could get on a bosman but not a transfer.

Kent is decent and exciting though a serious lack of goals considering he plays nearly every game, itll be a loss but unless hes scoring more it wont be that hard to replace him if we spend some money.

Id rather he stayed and added goals to his game, goals to his game for me would then make him a player we cannot afford to lose out on.

A serious lack of goals is an exaggeration.

Scott Sinclair has played 27 matches this season scoring 9 times with 3 assists. He is also 7 years older than Ryan.

Ryan has played 21 matches scoring 5 times with 6 assists.

There is of course room for improvement, but he is still a step ahead of Candeias who has played 26 matches and scored 5 with 5 assists.

Back