Gerrard Q & A - how did it go?

RfcWATP

Official Ticketer
How did the Q & A go? Put it in title to prevent it sounding misleading

I'm interested to hear from the body language experts as to the interactions between SG and Mark Allen. A few of the 'in the knows' claim their relationship is frosty.
Is that an actual rumour? Don't blame Gerrard for being annoyed if Jordon Jones and Graeme Shinnie is all he is getting to work with.

Thornton Suite guy who does Rangers TV asking the questions. Raised £13k for charity. Helped by the auction - 2 seats in the Directors Box with full hospitality £1000 and breakfast with the 1st team at the training ground for 6 people £2150 and same sold again for same price.

Depends how much Liverpool value Kent at. If it's something like 8 million fair enough.

Dunno about £8m but, in the English market, I’d suggest the bidding would be starting at £5m. Way too rich for us and better value probably available elsewhere. Our only chance was/is a further season long loan if Luverpool were agreeable. They may want him to have another crack in the Championship or lower EPL.

Dunno about £8m but, in the English market, I’d suggest the bidding would be starting at £5m. Way too rich for us and better value probably available elsewhere. Our only chance was/is a further season long loan if Luverpool were agreeable. They may want him to have another crack in the Championship or lower EPL.
£5 million is a bit much, i had hoped we'd be willing to pay around 4 million for key positions ie attacking mid. Guess it depends how much we get for alfie

Really?

I’ve only watched games on RTV a few times, but professional isn’t a word that comes to mind. So I’m not suprised.

Tom might not be as polished as some would like but he always seems respectful on RTV.

You could use a lot of adjectives to criticise him but ‘inappropriate” wouldn’t be high on the list.

Really excellent night,enjoyed it.Both Stevie G and Mark Allen spoke really well,they are both really professional.They have a long term plan and vision to return Rangers to where we all want them to be,interesting insight into things going on behind the scenes that sometimes we don’t appreciate.
Steven Gerrard was very patient at the end,everyone got the chance for their photo to be taken with our manager.
£13,080 raised for the charity foundation on the night.

So did Gerrard sound genuinely optimistic about the future? I feel like he’s lost a lot of that enthusiasm and energy of late. If it’s still there then that’s brilliant.

Also think it’s brillant that he and Allen took so much time for the fans. They’re a class act.

So did Gerrard sound genuinely optimistic about the future? I feel like he’s lost a lot of that enthusiasm and energy of late. If it’s still there then that’s brilliant.

Also think it’s brillant that he and Allen took so much time for the fans. They’re a class act.
Yes,100%..they both spoke really well,very insightful.

Essential that we sell Morelos in the summer.

SG needs a proper budget. Not another £5m net spend nonsense and 7 loans and 4 free's.

Have to cash in on our biggest asset I'm afraid.
People have seem to forgotten the interview after the Aberdeen semi where he said he needs money to add quality and can’t be expected to do it solely on loans and frees.

Pretty sure he’ll be demanding a decent amount.

Pleased the gaffer still retains his enthusiasm. Hopefully we back him accordingly in the summer and can also unearth a few gems on the cheap to compliment this.

As an aside Tom Miller is getting plenty praise on twitter. I’m guessing his jokes are a matter of taste.

Admitted we rely to much on Alfredo need an attacking midfielder. Defoe needs more support when he plays. Will be hard to keep Kent for next season on loan and we couldn’t afford to buy him.

Only reason Kent will be with us next season is if SG persuades him.

If not Liverpool will offload him to a Championship club probably on loan or permanently if the price is right.

Admitted we rely to much on Alfredo need an attacking midfielder. Defoe needs more support when he plays. Will be hard to keep Kent for next season on loan and we couldn’t afford to buy him.
Disappointing, we aren’t going to challenge the mentally challengeds until we have a massive cash injection then, if we fan’t afford Kent. Time for the owners and fans to dig deep as second is nothing.

People have seem to forgotten the interview after the Aberdeen semi where he said he needs money to add quality and can’t be expected to do it solely on loans and frees.

Pretty sure he’ll be demanding a decent amount.
The board need to start digging deeper.

I laugh when I read that "the board really backed him in the summer".

£5m net spend is not properly backing our manager - at all.

Disappointing, we aren’t going to challenge the mentally challengeds until we have a massive cash injection then, if we fan’t afford Kent. Time for the owners and fans to dig deep as second is nothing.
You wonder how long SG will put up with it if we are continuing to shop in the bargain basement.

King needs to dig deeper. He may be let off the hook a bit by us getting the Morelos cash in the summer bit I still feel the board need to do more. And it essential that they seek external investment. Long overdue.

This board are not beyond criticism.

The board need to start digging deeper.

I laugh when I read that "the board really backed him in the summer".

£5m net spend is not properly backing our manager - at all.

I think it was nearer £7m-£8m but the point is moot.

We already run at a loss and are likely to do so again this season, even with the hefty EL windfall. After the last share issue I think the outstanding soft loans must be down to about £12m, perhaps still a little more. The Board have invested heavily.

Where are the Board finding the means to ‘dig deeper’? It’s easy spending other folks money. We need to be ‘managed’ back to stability and it’s a gradual process. Shooting ourselves in the foot with managerial change every Summer and massive player churn isn’t helping us.

Morelos, and his sale, may well help dig us out of the hole. Similarly with the much-criticised - on here at least - Tavernier.

Back