Northern Ireland fans' 'we hate Catholics' song condemned by IFA

Greenisland Bear

March 25 2019

The Irish Football Association has condemned a video containing Northern Ireland fans singing "we hate Catholics".

It comes after the video circulated on social media on Monday evening.
The video shows a number of people dressed in Northern Ireland replica shirts singing "we hate Catholics, we hate Roman Catholics" to the tune of Tiffany's 'I Think We're Alone Now'.
It is unclear when exactly the footage is from.
The official Northern Ireland teams account responded to a posting of the video on Twitter saying "this is utterly wrong and we condemn sectarianism in any form".
Belfast Telegraph Digital

Anybody else see this?

I attended both games on Thursday and Sunday with some Catholic friends.

I know for a fact that this does not represent those that actually go to Windsor and can bet you anything the pricks in the video never even went to the game.

Trying to undo all the good work we as a country have done over the last 15 years or so regarding a cross community National team.

Heard it was in the Edinburgh club? Absolutely embarrassing, wtf must Michael O'Neill think?

Haha I love how the naughty songs get the holier than thou element all hot and bothered. People that I know who’ve sang it have done so through jest and away from prying eyes and camera phones. But for some on here to label them as scum then I say to you, have you never sang any anti catholic songs on rsc buses or sash bashes?

Haha I love how the naughty songs get the holier than thou element all hot and bothered. People that I know who’ve sang it have done so through jest and away from prying eyes and camera phones. But for some on here to label them as scum then I say to you, have you never sang any anti catholic songs on rsc buses or sash bashes?
Agree with you saying folk are scum is bang out of order. Ib this were on the go 20 years ago there's every chance I'd have been pissed up and joining in. Times change though. What I will say is anyone under around 25 gets a pass and a shake of the head. Anyone over in these times I'd definitely say qualifies as a moron.

Agree with you saying folk are scum is bang out of order. Ib this were on the go 20 years ago there's every chance I'd have been pissed up and joining in. Times change though. What I will say is anyone under around 25 gets a pass and a shake of the head. Anyone over in these times I'd definitely say qualifies as a moron.
At the end of the day the younger generation have picked up where the older ones left it. They didn’t all of a sudden start singing songs like this out of the blue. I think some people on here that shout about scum etc joined in back in the day but call out against it now. That’s hypocritical and not the way to deal with it. Fair enough condemn it but labelling bears pondlife and scum is too far for me

Stupid thing to do. Even stupider to post it on-line and be proud of it. Fannies should be identified and banned if possible.

Don't like it myself,as i and probably a lot of others on here are in a mixed religious relationship,plus there are rc's playing for us at the moment,and have been for ages now,i know the song was sung at the N.I game,but no doubt big bad Gers fans will probably get the blame.

Don't like it myself,as i and probably a lot of others on here are in a mixed religious relationship,plus there are rc's playing for us at the moment,and have been for ages now,i know the song was sung at the N.I game,but no doubt big bad Gers fans will probably get the blame.
do you believe that would have any effect on anything?
maybe the prods just like getting there hole and maybe the rc wife is a good cook?

So it was not at a NI game but in some pub or club?
Not excusing it as it’s a horrific song and cringe worthy as feck.
Arseholes being arseholes shocker.

It really is time to move on from this type of behaviour.

The people of NI have made massive strides towards finding and maintaining peace in their country, for the sake of themselves and most especially their young men and women’s futures.

Time to consign this type of stuff the ancient history bin.

Each generation pushes things a bit further than the previous one. Not always a bad thing but surely the younger folk could actually learn to not make mistakes that generations before them did
Aye but labelling them as scumbags and pondlife isn’t the way to deal with it. That patter would merit a ban on other pages or forums

An idiotic song and as obvious of an own goal as you'll ever see.

Have to be completely moronic to sing it.

I'd be interested to know if the folk that sing it, sing the full song?:D

''Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands
Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me
And we tumble to the ground and then you say''

I personally dont get offended by any songs mate, except Coldplay cos they are bolloks. To film yourself singing something that will get picked up by the media isnt clever tho
Camera phones are the devils work, but this is where other folk should be a bit more self aware in any situation arises that these songs are sang and give the c@nt a slap that thinks it’s a good idea to snapchat or post to group chats

Back