Morelos to start for Colombia this morning

How did he play?
For the service or rather lack of it, he done ok. Few nice touches and link ups. Had a header that went wide but was going away from goal at a stretch. Wee bit unlucky not to connect with a cross along the 6 yard box. Took a sore on on top of the foot early on

Now. Does every one want him subbed at half time to save him for the weekend? Or stay on and get a goal?
Stay on, he stays solely central and is just hovering around the box. Doesn't have to the work of a whole front 3 and number 10 playing for Colombia, with the added benefit of not getting butchered by the lauded hammer throwers in ourbleague

You don't find it disappointing that on his first start for his country he is hooked at half time?

They were losing so the manager changed the system to get their best player on and play off the striker. They scored a couple minutes after so fair play. It’s not a slight on Morelos ffs.

Also, entirely possible Rangers requested he only play 45 minutes as we have a derby on Sunday.

If Alfredo keeps on playing to a high standard till the end of the season, his stock is only gonna keep on rising. The lad has had a fine season, & is our biggest asset at the club. Hopefully he gets his goal against them on Sunday.

I do worry that the misses he has now and then, I do feel the Colombian national team will be less forgiving over time, than what we are and that is the only thing stopping him right now. He deserves more of a chance than half a game though.

Dunno why I’m still watching, but seriously what is the deal with this keeper hahaha. That’s another shocker, should’ve put Morelos in goals ffs he’d have saved that.

Another two caps for Alfredo. Fantastic for him and us and he should return with great confidence, especially after the comments from some world class team-mates.

I think he will be selected for the Copa America anyway but he'll no doubt be incentivised when he returns for us to ensure his spot. All good.

It is on free to air MBC TV South Korea.

South Korea have just taken the lead 2-1 13 mins into 2nd half. I can’t see Alfredo on pitch, so he may have come off at half time. Falcao is playing upfront now.

Just hoping and praying he came through unscathed. Can’t understand commentary but can clearly see he is not on pitch.

Last edited:
Another two caps for Alfredo. Fantastic for him and us and he should return with great confidence, especially after the comments from some world class team-mates.

I think he will be selected for the Copa America anyway but he'll no doubt be incentivised when he returns for us to ensure his spot. All good.
Your last paragraph is very true indeed. No chance if him letting up til the end of the season

I do worry that the misses he has now and then, I do feel the Colombian national team will be less forgiving over time, than what we are and that is the only thing stopping him right now. He deserves more of a chance than half a game though.

That's exactly it. This is an experimental squad from the manager for which he has been criticised. Morelos has done fine but he's in that pool of players who are competing for a spot in the Copa America squad and I'm getting criticised for being disappointed that he was taken off?

sorry bears but that to me is a miss and feel that is one part of his game that he needs to up to get to the top level. in he needs to be much more clinical and much more positive.
that to me is alfie boy just taking that for granted that hes getting a touch on it.
that said, hes already improved untold so he will get there. i reckon in 18 months he will be the top level player we all know he can be.

What's wrong with starting for your country, which is a massive step up from Scotland and being subbed for James Rodriguez in a squad that alao has Falcao. Only FF will find fault with that. The posters who are on the buroo will anyway.

sorry bears but that to me is a miss and feel that is one part of his game that he needs to up to get to the top level. in he needs to be much more clinical and much more positive.
that to me is alfie boy just taking that for granted that hes getting a touch on it.
that said, hes already improved untold so he will get there. i reckon in 18 months he will be the top level player we all know he can be.

How dare you.

Some comments saying disappointing that he’s been subbed at half time is ludicrous.

We have a massive game on Sunday and Carlos quieroz would be well aware of this.

It’s a meaningless friendly so starting and playing a full half is well more than enough considering the circumstances

That's exactly it. This is an experimental squad from the manager for which he has been criticised. Morelos has done fine but he's in that pool of players who are competing for a spot in the Copa America squad and I'm getting criticised for being disappointed that he was taken off?

“That’s 3 sitters for Colombia now”. Firstly, that wasn’t remotely true, secondly, the impression I got from it all was that you were very clear trying to paint an image of the player being overrated and not up to it at international level. That was followed by stating his cameo was “massively disappointing”. After getting the response you got, you’ve attempted to do damage control in the hopes you might be kept around, where you can come back on here for a laugh on Sunday should the result go your way.

No your getting criticised for something else, which you haven't mentioned.

“That’s 3 sitters for Colombia now”. Firstly, that wasn’t remotely true, secondly, the impression I got from it all was that you were very clear trying to paint an image of the player being overrated and not up to it at international level. That was followed by stating his cameo was “massively disappointing”. After getting the response you got, you’ve attempted to do damage control in the hopes you might be kept around, where you can come back on here for a laugh on Sunday should the result go your way.

I said 2 sitters. Which is true.

Did you even watch the video you posted?

Look at the replay, there is no chance he's making the ball. The ball whizzes past him before he has a chance to react fully. No player is going to score that chance.

Did you even watch the video you posted?

Look at the replay, there is no chance he's making the ball. The ball whizzes past him before he has a chance to react fully. No player is going to score that chance.

The replay from around the goal line literally shows you the ball is already past him as he arrives. I honestly don’t know what goes on in people’s heads at time.

Fucking Nora!

Back