Should we start Davis on Sunday?

J Dawg

As above.

I just think with his experience in this game and what it means to him it might be worth the risk.

He also had a man of match performance against Belarus in a more defensive midfield role so his confidence will be high.

I would personally start him in place of Jack in the holding midfield role.

What's everyone's thoughts?

Not for me, yet to really have a quality performance since re-signing and often went hiding in big games if we weren't playing well, for me the only guy who gets a sniff at coming in is Kamara, as I would be looking to play the team that won last time.

I would start him on the bench,if we are winning possibly bring him on for the last 30 minutes,I think his game is comming up to speed as his ball retention and passing has been good recently.

Perhaps play five in midfield. Drop Candeias, and play four in the middle. A midfield of Davis, McCrorie, Jack, Arfield, and Kent. Kamara is a good player, but I'd drop him in this one. Candeias, Lafferty, and Defoe would be good options from the bench. Defensively, perhaps have McCrorie going out right, from the middle, and working with Tavernier to take out their threat from there. Davis had a better game than he was given credit for, against Kilmarnock. Barisic is very strong in terms of defending, so hopefully he is fit for this game.

Absolutely not. He's ranged from average to dreadful in his appearances so far. Only decision to make on the team for me is Kamara or McCrorie, picks itself other than that. I'd go for McCrorie personally.

Not for me, yet to really have a quality performance since re-signing and often went hiding in big games if we weren't playing well, for me the only guy who gets a sniff at coming in is Kamara, as I would be looking to play the team that won last time.

An absolute myth this.

He was voted Players Player of The Year at least twice by his fellow players in his time with us. Sh*tebags don't get that accolade from their teammates.

I'd back him to go and take the ball in tight areas in Sunday's cauldron ahead of any of our current midfielders.

i would start him based on the fact he can use the ball better. we will be under pressure alot and when we do have tbe ball we need to use it wisely. arfield for me hides and also very sloppy in possession. mccroie jack davis i would go for myself. ad also like to see the 352 formation and drop kent and candies as theve both been poor for a while now use tav and borna as thw wide men

As close as possible to the team that beat them last time is what is required.

Watched NI games before Davis re-signed for us and again the two games this week.

He looks a completely different player to what we have seen of him in a Rangers jersey this time round.

If he could bring a NI performance on Sunday for us he would be the best midfielder on the pitch.

Think youve got the glue mixed up with your nasal spray again bud.

Arfield for me everyday before Davis on current form.

As above.

I just think with his experience in this game and what it means to him it might be worth the risk.

He also had a man of match performance against Belarus in a more defensive midfield role so his confidence will be high.

it's a big no from me, davis is finished
i'm afraid

I think Defoe has a better case for starting. I think he’d do well against them as he’d have more space to operate in.

If the word "risk" is included then it's a risk that shouldn't be taken.
We pumped that lot without Davis in the team and with the right mindset we can win again.
Lets not stick a player in based on past glories.

As above.

He’s done nothing to suggest this would be the right choice.
However, I’m not convinced he shouldn’t start.
This could be just the game for him, against less than a packed defences.

Same team and tactics as the last OF match. It worked for us then and that tactical genius Lemmon will have no answer for it.
The only thing out of our control is the referee who will be on major -mentally challenged gets the benefit of every doubt mode.

For the first time since he rejoined he looked more like his old self against Kilmarnock, but this game has come a game too early IMO. I would have been looking for two decent performances in succession before throwing him in against them.

Back