Biggest heel turn by an ex-player

R0ET7lS.jpg

Agreed
These are all heroes to zeroes. What about Marco Negri - he looked like he didn’t want to be here at the time, now he’s all over the ex players events.
Agreed, hadn't heard a peep from him until it was time to sell his book and suddenly Rangers were the love of his life.

Kenny Miller had a rough heel turn before going baby face again however some of the smarks in the crowd never fully accepted him as the face of the team.
miller is just a footballing whore nothing more nothing less all about the wonga with no fucks given who hes sucking off for the wonga

My dad fuckin despises conn to this day over that

I think what makes Conn's betrayal all the more unacceptable is the nonsense he's spouted since - claiming there was no alternative- so in other words - it was the scum or the gutter

I dare say the scum were the only people with a bid on the table at that time - but to suggest there was no chance of any other offers is absurd

I had reason to be at Whittaker’s Norwich home debut against Borussia Monchengladbach in summer 2012.

Many refreshments had been taken on the train from London and in the pubs around Carrow Road prior to the game and understandably, the combination of alcohol, sun and bitterness of feeling boiled over when Whittaker came on the pitch.

Don’t think the words “Judas” and “c**t” have ever been splurted out with such venom and so often over a twenty minute spell; eventually left the ground early, my pals who are Norwich fans thought I was going on the pitch at one point.

Him, Naismith and Butcher can all do one.

Is Kenny Miller our Hulk Hogan?

Turned into the biggest heel in the business, complete with badge thumping, but returned against the odds, and against the wishes of a huge section of the crowd, took a while to win them over, but ultimately did with the most face turn thing he could do - banging them in against Celtic - before going away and coming back again and his career with us ended in relative scandal and for political reasons (bust up with Murty). Still given appreciation by the crowd to this day for his efforts.
Nonsense.:rolleyes:

Steven Whittaker. I'm sure there's photos of him turning up up at Parkhead to watch the scum and his kids have the celtic kits on.

Boyd has done a Roman Reigns in the past couple of years. Used to be no one could stand them now after an attitude change we can’t get enough of them

For me it’s Conn
There is not one of the other players in that Barcelona 72 team who would have done this . The modern day equivalent would be Ian Ferguson or John Brown being sold by us and 2 years later signing for Celtic. That’s how big a Rangers man Alfie was or so I thought.

Misunderstood title.
I was thinking Candeias heel turn to Alfie against rapid ..what a goal.
The Ibrox noise was sensational.

Back to thread..has to be Conn.

What is Butcher up to these days? It seemed a weekly thread for a while was what crap he’d spouted when on the Tv with Sutton.

I’m not hateful enough to hold a grudge.

While what Miller done was fairly disgusting, I'm sure he has never proclaimed to be a Rangers man in the way that others like Broadfoot were. Miller was in it for Miller and I don't think he deliberately wanted to %^*& us over.
He wasn’t particularly a legend the first time he left either.

These are all heroes to zeroes. What about Marco Negri - he looked like he didn’t want to be here at the time, now he’s all over the ex players events.
Cost us 10 in a row the fact he didn’t play the second half of the season.

I’m still not sure why. Was it a squash injury? Fight with Porrini?

Naismith. By a mile.

I had thought for years that Terry Butcher’s fall from our affections would never be matched, but when we were down, when we were at our lowest, Naismith put the boot in. Not a guy from England who played for the club for a few years. Not a guy from eastern Europe who kissed the badge to curry favour. One of us. Someone brought up a Bear like all the rest of us. Leaving was forgivable, look at McGregor and Davis. What Naismith said was unnecessary and entirely unforgivable.

Whittaker and Naismith, both respected and admired by the support, only to blow it all by 3D’ing the collective fanbase through a table.

A whole thread bashing ex players.

We have just pumped the filth and this thread is appearing again.

Some of the comments on here are embarrassing.

Get this to Fxxk.
Most of the names mentioned deserve everything they get being a Ranger doesn’t end the day you hang up your boots you are judged on your actions after as well which can out do what you do on the park

I think what makes Conn's betrayal all the more unacceptable is the nonsense he's spouted since - claiming there was no alternative- so in other words - it was the scum or the gutter

I dare say the scum were the only people with a bid on the table at that time - but to suggest there was no chance of any other offers is absurd
My tuppenceworth back in 2019 was this;

How the feck could such an iconic player for us go on to play for the filth. It was disloyalty on an industrial scale.

My stance hasn’t changed since then.

Back