Boss Nights(Liverpool)

The sad thing is all these popular songs being sung at the moment have been mentioned on here for years. Songs adapted from Dirty old town, waterfall by the stone roses and time after people would come on and go there rubbish.
I love the union bears but they are absolutely dreadful at introducing new songs.

The only way this would work is without loyalist songs. We have sash bashes etc for that.

If there was a loyalist element to it, it would get shut down instantly and the police would crawl around it hoping for easy arrests to get their quotas up for the Scottish Nazi Party.

It has to be advertised as traditional and new Rangers songs and the UB’s would likely need to be involved and that’s not a bad thing. After all it’s them that gives our games an atmosphere. However I think they’ll probably not be keen on this but I hope to be proven wrong.

We’ve got such an illustrious songbook celebrating our great club. It’s about time we gave it some pride amongst ourselves as well as coming up with some new ones.

I genuinely believe and as Jim Morrison and a naked Indian once said,

“if you book it, they will come”

Or Kevin Costner “ build it and they will come”

Loyalism or Orangeman isn’t the problem.

It’s the twats who work in swear words or alternative lyrics to traditional or even new songs.

As wee Monty said at a meeting a few years ago - we’re the only support in the world who could work %^*& The Pope into a version of Aghadoo :p

Agadooo doo doo were the boys in royal blue
Agadoo doo doo we are loyal through and through
Gives us faith , give us hope
F*** the Ra and You know the rest

But you are right and sadly some can’t see the damage they are doing.

There’s been loads of good suggestions on here over the years but the Candeias “rhythm of the night” one could have been class. It needed a bit of work done on it but the simple hook was there.

“We’ve got Candeias on the right, the right, oh yeah. Candeias on the right”

Over and over.

Give me a 90s dance song any day of the week.

Anyone fancy trying to get a song using Mr Vain by Culture Beat or New Emotion or Ulitmate High by TTF?

The sad thing is all these popular songs being sung at the moment have been mentioned on here for years. Songs adapted from Dirty old town, waterfall by the stone roses and time after people would come on and go there rubbish.
I love the union bears but they are absolutely dreadful at introducing new songs.
It's their only downside I think. They are 100% committed to the cause. But they are awful at what in my opinion is a major part of what they do, songs!!! That's what's they are there for. They never come up with original material. They fail to allocate songs to deserving players. And to be honest they fail to recognise this and accept help from people outwith UB. Shame

•Every Saturday We Follow.
•Buffalo Soldier and other Morelos tune.
•We’re on our way (During Europa League).
•Introduced ‘A Trip to Ibrox’
•Ryan Kent song

Plenty others introduced. New Arfield song it’s still to get going. We’ve got the Ajax tune which is a belter if more people joined in.

It’s not totally up to the UB to introduce songs to Ibrox. If others started there songs up within stadium and on social media it’ll catch on. Look at Warburton is magic, UB never introduced that to Ibrox.

There’s been loads of good suggestions on here over the years but the Candeias “rhythm of the night” one could have been class. It needed a bit of work done on it but the simple hook was there.

Over and over.

Anyone fancy trying to get a song using Mr Vain by Culture Beat or New Emotion or Ulitmate High by TTF?
That's where these Boss nights step in, if that suggestion was done, you can hear it works, but so many on here Rio suggestions to pieces, when they are nowhere near qualified. This Boss needs to happen. You can help it

Over and over.

See for Defoe what about....

“We know what we want and we want it now. We want goals, Jermain Defoe” using the chorus from Mr Vain. Simple enough.

It's their only downside I think. They are 100% committed to the cause. But they are awful at what in my opinion is a major part of what they do, songs!!! That's what's they are there for. They never come up with original material. They fail to allocate songs to deserving players. And to be honest they fail to recognise this and accept help from people outwith UB. Shame

I love the colour and noise they add. Yet they spoilt it by singing about guns, courtrooms and uniforms. They don’t realise but it makes them look like they are stuck in the 1970s.
They need to set up a place where people can send them song ideas.

That's where these Boss nights step in, if that suggestion was done, you can hear it works, but so many on here Rio suggestions to pieces, when they are nowhere near qualified. This Boss needs to happen. You can help it

I’d be more than happy to help get it up and running. We are a very talented support when we put our mind to it. Rangers twitter would be very much in favour of this

•Ryan Kent song

Plenty others introduced. New Arfield song it’s still to get going. We’ve got the Ajax tune which is a belter if more people joined in.

It’s not totally up to the UB to introduce songs to Ibrox. If others started there songs up within stadium and on social media it’ll catch on. Look at Warburton is magic, UB never introduced that to Ibrox.

The are the focal point and therefore other than big games they start all the songs.

•Ryan Kent song

That's a disappointing record you just listed!
That is their achievements?! Deary me.

I am not a mentally challenged and could at least double that with what the GB have done in the last couple of years. This is not a let's get at UB opportunity for me. I prey the get Thier act together. But ultimately they are failing in this department.

I love the colour and noise they add. Yet they spoilt it by singing about guns, courtrooms and uniforms. They don’t realise but it makes them look like they are stuck in the 1970s.
They need to set up a place where people can send them song ideas.
They are not interested. They do not encourage dialogue. Try contacting them and see if you get a response..

See for Defoe what about....

“We know what we want and we want it now. We want goals, Jermain Defoe” using the chorus from Mr Vain. Simple enough.

To The La's:

There he goes, there he goes again
Racing through their defence
And I just can't explain, he scores in every game
Jermaine Defoe, Jermaine Defoe

:D A lot of fun can be had!

Seems to be a decent amount of people interested. My big fear is this creates a division, it's what we seem to do. How do we make this 'inclusive'?

I see questions like what's wrong with Loyalist songs and it worries me that some will think we are dissing those who like the Loyalist stuf... It's not, it's just we don't have that desire to engulf ourselves in something that has nothing to do with us

Seems to be a decent amount of people interested. My big fear is this creates a division, it's what we seem to do. How do we make this 'inclusive'?

I see questions like what's wrong with Loyalist songs and it worries me that some will think we are dissing those who like the Loyalist stuf... It's not, it's just we don't have that desire to engulf ourselves in something that has nothing to do with us

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll be criticised regardless. If there is enough interest, however, that will overwhelm any negativity.

Nothing ever gets done if you're concerned about an adverse reaction. If you believe in it, go for it.

To The La's:

I suggested the La’s for a Gerrard song as having a Mersey beat style song for the gaffer would be a quality song.

To The La's:

That is the nail on the head. There has been so many great suggestions on this forum. But because some make it their career to slag off people they have disappeared. Thats the difference between us and Liverpool fans. They take a chance with it, if it fails it disappears, if it works. Result. The lessons are there to be learned

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/306256-watch-shevchenko-park-boss-session-fans-kiev

This is a Boss Nights documentary. It was free on Liverpool TV a few weeks ago when the gaffer was playing in that charity match. It was a very good watch.

Talks about how they set it up. From humble beginnings with not many venues touching them to it culminating at Shevchenko Park in Ukraine before the Final vs Madrid.

Great documentary
I am receiving messages from interesting people, my feeling is excitingly this really could happen. The big thing in this is there are people willing to get involved, people who want to get involved it really needs to be the 'Rangers' concept we want.

Again I stress my worry is creating a divide. Which when you look at it is bizzare! A divide because some want to just sing songs about the club you all love

BOSS was a fanzine which crossed over Liverpool FC, music and clothes predominantly.

Lads who live that scene and the BOSS nights have popularised and they now effectively have a roadshow.

We can take some inspiration from it but it can't be the same.

If this is to happen, there are lots of things to consider and voices to be heard.

Don't rush and do it right.

BOSS was a fanzine which crossed over Liverpool FC, music and clothes predominantly.

Lads who live that scene and the BOSS nights have popularised and they now effectively have a roadshow.

If this is to happen, there are lots of things to consider and voices to be heard.

Perfectly put. You need to be part of this, we don't want to dive in and make an arse if it

Also I noticed, they seem to be influenced by the same sort of music

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/306256-watch-shevchenko-park-boss-session-fans-kiev

This is a Boss Nights documentary. It was free on Liverpool TV a few weeks ago when the gaffer was playing in that charity match. It was a very good watch.

Talks about how they set it up. From humble beginnings with not many venues touching them to it culminating at Shevchenko Park in Ukraine before the Final vs Madrid.

Great documentary
"All we can expect from our football club is to expect to be the best version of themselves on the football pitch and for us to be the best versions of ourselves off the football pitch" How fucking poetic. But perfect is that! We want the players to be the ultimate, they expect the same from us.

Never done anything like this before, but there seems to be a great amount of interest to make it happen
Funny question to ask but.......! Any people who may feel some negative thoughts to this, I am thinking about those from the loyalist persuasion... How do we avoid a division? Opinions obviously

You won’t be causing any divide mate.

A full Rangers night, with Rangers songs, ranging from well known tunes to less popular ones will work wonders.

We have our walks and sash bashes to celebrate our culture. Never mind the fact we also sing Loyalist songs in the stadium also. There’s nothing to worry about in causing a divide.

If you get the name of the event correct and a proper venue you could be onto something. Also aspects like social media etc will be important moving forward. I think it’d probably be best if it was based on how BOSS do it at Liverpool, with the social media aspect etc. They’ve obviously been a massive success so it would probably be the correct decision to model the event around their blueprint.

Any suggestions on how we should tackle this? Any people, musicians, song writers, recording artistes, venue owners, anything... Contact me via pm

Removed post, not sure if genuine...

Last edited:
Tinhat on here a wee bit unbelievable I need to but hey ho

Before the Scotland games we go to the Renfrew ferry mate and it’s superb flags draped from the top aswell would be class for a rangers night in there plus you can buy drink by the case if ye want which is always good

I love Loyalist songs don’t think there’s enough sang at the games but if it is Rangers songs at this bash night then it’s Just Rangers songs

Anyone that complains there’s only Rangers songs being played is mental end of I wouldn’t worry what they think they are obviously mental

Reactions: WBD
Tinhat on here a wee bit unbelievable I need to but hey ho

Before the Scotland games we go to the Renfrew ferry mate and it’s superb flags draped from the top aswell would be class for a rangers night in there plus you can buy drink by the case if ye want which is always good

I love Loyalist songs don’t think there’s enough sang at the games but if it is Rangers songs at this bash night then it’s Just Rangers songs

Anyone that complains there’s only Rangers songs being played is mental end of I wouldn’t worry what they think they are obviously mental
Where is the Ferry theses days?

Which would seem to be another aspect of these types of nights, by involving songwriters and musicians.

I'm going to take the staunch points hit here, as well.

I actually think something like this would be a great idea, if we could get young fans interested. Regular events where only Rangers songs are played and sung. New songs written and tried out by musicians. Not one mention of terrorists, Slimmer of the Year, religion or any countries other than Scotland. Just straight up Rangers songs about our club and our players.

That is how you get families and the younger family fans totally involved with clubs. Make every aspect of the attendance experience suitable for male and female kids and their parents and grandparents. I genuinely think all clubs need to move with the times or risk being marginalised on the sidelines of mainstream society.

I'd love to see something like these types of night happen.
What's the chance of follow follow with the proper words?
No mention of the pope,and his big hoose.too many people think this is how it should be sung

Why don't you try and tag it on to a heart and hand night or a speakers night say for half an hour and see what the reaction is?

Why don't you try and tag it on to a heart and hand night or a speakers night say for half an hour and see what the reaction is?

Speakers would take away the keys get ranked up and bounce about daft to a guy singing on guitar vibe the nights seem to have in my opinion

Never done anything like this before, but there seems to be a great amount of interest to make it happen

Mate, absolutely go for this. There is a large portion of our support who would love this, think of they younger guys who are out all weekend anyway. If you are a Rangers supporter and enjoy going to gigs it would be a no brainer.

I also think there are more people who don't associate with the loyalist stuff than we probably think. Again, I'm not knocking it but is never something I have been particularly interested in and I know a few mates who are the same.

Would love to see this happening, get it posted on here when you have something please.

The lads suggestion of the Heart and Hand gig stuff is worth asking. Either a pre show or entertainment when they have their half hour break at the live shows.

Will gauge reaction as the folk who attend HandH are likely to be the ones who attend this

Funny question to ask but.......! Any people who may feel some negative thoughts to this, I am thinking about those from the loyalist persuasion... How do we avoid a division? Opinions obviously
i wouldn't get yourself worked up over anyone finding negativity in this mate,its just the way some of our support are, you have made more than clear, as have others that you do not have a problem with the loyalist songs in our supports repertoire, if people cannot see that and get upset it is because they want to be ,, you cannot make it any clearer, ,its something different, and the loyalist stuff will still be around in various platforms and premises for those like myself who like the loyalist side of things,, just go for it mate and every success to yourself

I don't understand some people. The 'Boss' nights would be for people who don't give a %^*& about Loyalism, UVF/UDA, people fed up hearing Bobby Sands name sung at every event (Not criticising anyone for this being their thing, each to their own and all that)

I am proposing to have one of these nights, for people who are only interested in Rangers FC, if you are not one of those, you don't go or criticise anyone wanting to go. Seemples.

As it seems there are not a lot of us about, so it's unlikely to happen, unless it's a tiny venue :D

For the record I do have a couple of musicians prepared to give it a go.
Count me in

Totally agree mate its a culture and for it to hit the ground running it needs to done right. Just looking online at the BOSS nights and even how they are advertised have that bit about them. This needs to be taken on board aswell. Advertising, Venus will be a big part if its to be a success.

Added in an example of the type of "posters" they have for advertising the nights.

D2xjepNWkAIGaMu.jpg

There is nothing wrong with loyalist tunes. That's why so many go to sash bashes. But some people are not interested in the Loyalist scene. That is the whole point of this suggestion for a Rangers only bash. I thought that was prey obvious.

It wasn’t obvious because it’s not explained on here as to why. The thread is people as yourself saying you want it to be Rangers only but then complaining there wouldn’t be enough uptake. It seems more obvious to me to combine Loyalist and Rangers making the tunes more contempory

It wasn’t obvious because it’s not explained on here as to why. The thread is people as yourself saying you want it to be Rangers only but then complaining there wouldn’t be enough uptake. It seems more obvious to me to combine Loyalist and Rangers making the tunes more contempory
You are not really getting this are you. I am not interested in going to a gig with Loyalist tunes, there are already plenty there to go to, but I choose not to. It is becoming apparent there are maybe more people like me who would attend a Rangers only gig

Fucking hell. There are plenty of occasions and venues where you can FTP and sing about Bobby Sands and the IRA. The guys made it fairly clear it would be a Rangers only night.

Easiest way is to make it crystal clear that this is a Rangers only event for fans to enjoy themselves and to promote the Rangers family. I don't believe anyone that prefers loyalist tunes would have a problem with this. For what it's worth I think these nights if properly run would be awesome for fans.

Back