Where are the biggest Rangers/Celtic areas in Glasgow/Scotland?

North Glasgow

Maryhill - Celtic
Woodside- Rangers
Cowcaddens - Celtic
Sighthill - Celtic
Possil - Rangers
Springburn - Rangers
Royston - Celtic

East End

Dennistoun - Rangers
Calton - Celtic
Bridgeton - Rangers
Dalmarnock - Rangers
Parkhead - Rangers
Carntyne - Celtic
Shettleston - Rangers
Tolcross - Celtic

West End

St George’s Cross - Rangers
Anderston - Rangers
Finneston - Celtic
Byres Rd/Kelvinhall - Celtic
Partick - Rangers
Whiteinch - Rangers
Scotstoun - Rangers
Yoker - Celtic
Knightswood - Rangers

Southside

Gorbals - Celtic
Govanhill - Celtic
Queens Park - Celtic
Rutherglen - Rangers
Toryglen - Celtic
Tradeston - Rangers
Kinning Park - Rangers
Ibrox - Rangers
Govan - Celtic
Drumoyne/Linthouse - Rangers
Cardonald - Celtic

I'd question Yoker and Cardonald mate.

I was undecided but felt the further up Dumbarton Rd you get towards Clydebank the more Green it becomes.

Clydebank has a population of just over 26k, with RC population of 10,400, so certainly well above average.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few years ago I was talking to a guy from Barrhead, and he said it is roughly one third loyalist, one third republican, and one third Protestant who don't know what the hell they are. I'd imagine that is accurate for many places in Scotland

Ashgill used to have a higher population per head in the orange order than anywhere in the world at one time and Stonehouse's favourite anthem was 'there's no chapel in our town'.

Probably different now but back when we were boys it was very much that way.

Yep, was some great days then. A long day walking Netherburn then Ashgill then Larkhall and that was before the actual walk started . Then you had to do all again in reverse. Sunday morning with the band playing in the club the day after was great as well.

Reactions: cav
A few years ago I was talking to a guy from Barrhead, and he said it is roughly one third loyalist, one third republican, and one third Protestant who don't know what the hell they are. I'd imagine that is accurate for many places in Scotland
...and the loyalist third are extremely loyal.

Grew up in Rutherglen and it used to be staunchly Rangers with mentally challengeds very much in the minority. Doesn’t have Rutherglen on the map, Castlemilk is the closest and they have it down as mentally challengedland, however back in the day I’d have said it was 50/50 at least if not slight towards us. It would seem that part of Glasgow has gone to the dogs since the Linn ‘O’ Dee and the Viking shut down... ;)

It's a very accurate description of where I grew up not one Celtic supporter I knew was a catholic , the nearest catholic school was 20 miles away .

Grew up in Rutherglen and it used to be staunchly Rangers with mentally challengeds very much in the minority. Doesn’t have Rutherglen on the map, Castlemilk is the closest and they have it down as mentally challengedland, however back in the day I’d have said it was 50/50 at least if not slight towards us. It would seem that part of Glasgow has gone to the dogs since the Linn ‘O’ Dee and the Viking shut down... ;)

Rutherglen district has a population of 31.5k and RC population of 9.4k mate.

A few years ago I was talking to a guy from Barrhead, and he said it is roughly one third loyalist, one third republican, and one third Protestant who don't know what the hell they are. I'd imagine that is accurate in East Renfrewshire.

Partick neutral? Doubt it.

I now live in Dumbarton which is pretty Yahoo heavy, with a few notable exceptions.
Don't let the mhanks fool you, just because of the shithole on the high street and them having nothing else to wear but the green and grey!
Dumbarton and the Vale are very much staunch Rangers towns, and they know it!

@Neilston Unionist, looks like you're keeping your village fairly staunch, despite what others say about Neilston.

5.1k population and 1450 mentally challengeds.

Think the mentally challengeds are more visible in Neilston but they’re not a majority. There’s two specific areas in Neilston that seem to be overrun with Declans but the rest of the areas that make up Neilston seem to mostly contain bears. The problem is the Neilston CSC to my knowledge is a fairly large one whereas the old Neilston bus simply shares with the Rumours bus now. They definitely have a more visible presence here.

Glasgow City boundary has a population of 620k with 160k RC.

Think the mentally challengeds are more visible in Neilston but they’re not a majority. There’s two specific areas in Neilston that seem to be overrun with Declans but the rest of the areas that make up Neilston seem to mostly contain bears. The problem is the Neilston CSC to my knowledge is a fairly large one whereas the old Neilston bus simply shares with the Rumours bus now. They definitely have a more visible presence here.

Is the Killoch still a good Gers pub mate?

I used to train a lot at Neilston swimming pool when I was younger as you know and there was always Bears going in and out of the Killoch.

Think a bus used to leave from there.

I used to train a lot at Neilston swimming pool when I was younger as you know and there was always Bears going in and out of the Killoch.

Neutral and yeah the bus used to leave from the Killoch it’s where it used to get me! Nichols further down the street would be considered the Rangers pub here now I reckon as it’s where the Rumours bus picks up the Neilston lot now but that’s a tiny wee pub to be honest.

Even by your standards it's a bit early to start the insults flying.

Right remind me, what's the name of the 19th Century Terrorist hole you live in again and I'll give you the stats lol.
Originally Slamannan one catholic family I can think now more central Falkirk haha

The Killoch is now mentally challenged owned and by far majority mentally challenged clientele now.

How time's change for the worst sadly.

Neutral and yeah the bus used to leave from the Killoch it’s where it used to get me! Nichols further down the street would be considered the Rangers pub here now I reckon as it’s where the Rumours bus picks up the Neilston lot now but that’s a tiny wee pub to be honest.
is nicholls the wee pub on the right-hand side going down towards the juniors ground, it looks like its been converted from a terraced house , been in a few times when up there watching the "lok and always found it decent and welcoming,got the feeling it would probably sway our way

is nicholls the wee pub on the right-hand side going down towards the juniors ground, it looks like its been converted from a terraced house , been in a few times when up there watching the "lok and always found it decent and welcoming,got the feeling it would probably sway our way

That's the one mate.

What's SW Scotland like these days? when I left 25 years ago it was mainly Rangers although there was a couple of buses of puddle drinkers from Dumfries .
I left Dumfries 25 years ago and at that time the Dhins were more organised and would run multiple buses keaving the sands, we were more fragmented with different clubs travelling, from what I father it’s still the case but on a whole probably more blue the green, outside Dumfries the county itself is definitely staunch!

I left Dumfries 25 years ago and at that time the Dhins were more organised and would run multiple buses keaving the sands, we were more fragmented with different clubs travelling, from what I father it’s still the case but on a whole probably more blue the green, outside Dumfries the county itself is definitely staunch!

Prepare to be suprised mate.

32k population and 4k RC

That forum that came from is reeking of the filth. Where the fuck do they get the proof that there are more scum supporters over the world than Rangers? Just because people are of Irish ancestry doesn't make them supporters of that mob. Seriously, they think they have masses of supporters in Asia? The Thai Tims or whatever they call them are hardly Asia as a whole. I was flicking through some book in Waterstones recently that claimed they had 9 MILLION fans worldwide! Honestly, they really do live in the realms of fantasy.

As for towns for us and them, I've always thought Airdrie was blue and Coatbridge green. Fife and Ayrshire good bluenose areas too, as is Argyll.
9 million fans worldwide yet a few seasons ago when Rangers weren't there to salivate their passions and get their juices going, they could barely get 20,000 into their stadium.

What is the point of saying something as silly as that when you have to close down stands due to total disinterest in your team?

I would rather have 50,000 real paying supporters than any millions of fantasy fans.
A fckn nonsense!

Back