Do you believe Rangers are refereed to a different standard from other teams?

Are we refereed to a different standard from other SPFL clubs?

• Yes

Votes: 846 93.2%
  • No

Votes: 63 6.9%

• Total voters
Aberdeen are utterly tragic against the filth, however today is a prime example of the refereeing bias that is being implemented when officiating both sides from Glasgow.

Recently the filth have scored 90th minute winners away to Hearts and Kilmarnock. This was only enabled due to the referee sending off an opposition player.

Today they are going to beat the sheep, again enabled by their pal Thomson sending off two opposition players and awarding them a penalty.

In our recent 1-1 draw at Easter road, Hibs should have had 3 men sent off. In recent games against Kilmarnock, we’ve had Power and a few others kick fûck out of Rangers players (one kick about 6ft off the deck in Jacks face) safe in the knowledge that they are protected. In the recent cup games against Aberdeen, Considine, Ferguson, Shinnie, Devlin and Mckenna could all have seen red. Instead they were allowed to kick us up and down the park safe in the knowledge that they are protected.

Referees don’t need much encouragement to send players off against the filth in difficult games, whilst they continue to enable our opponents to boot us all over the place without punishment. It’s blatant cheating and guys like Clancy and Thomson are now masters of it.

I won’t even go into the double standards with regards to what is seen as a red card offence for our players and their players as it’s been widely discussed on here over the season.

Yes we haven’t been good enough when it’s mattered this season but we have a massive job on our hands trying to overhaul the refereeing corruption that we face.

The scary thing is it is only going to get worse as that mob go for 9 and possibly 10.

Yes, as in another thread Aberdeen have had 3 yellow a red and a straight red. Against us they could have had 11 yellows and no sending offs and they were not far from it.

Its a YES from me. We are chastised for every little thing yet never recognised for any effort we give. Lot of charity to a little girl this week from Alfredo and Rangers, very poor coverage. ABOD walk by a chapel, picture of Police and Rangers tops all over news

Whatever your reasons for it ,be it out and out corruption or simply pressure induced bias , I don't think there is any doubt about the result.

Clancy cheated us in the quarter final. If Aberdeen were refereed against us the way they were today, then we'd be in that semi final today.

That is the crux of the matter right there mate.

Us and the filth have different rules applied to us, as do all other teams depending on what one of the two of us they play.

Aberdeen obviously thought that they could get away with booting fûck out of the opposition players, given the refs have allowed them today it 6 times against us this season. They must have forgot they were playing the filth.

It’s frustrating that there are still bears who continue to bury their heads in the sand about this corruption.

We are winning nothing until the issue is sorted.

The level of corruption and dishonesty in refereeing is really quite frightening its an even a bigger issue for the club than the media, the refs enjoy it(big Craig was buzzing today) more so the positive coverage that comes from tim papers, tv,radio etc when the big decisions go Celtics way our against Rangers.

The ref cheated Aberdeen today, same as the ref cheated to help them against Rangers. It will happen again next season Lennon being manager isnt going to help the situation either.

Thats why i never have a go at the manager, yeah he made bad signings and that formation is easy to play against, but really how can you judge a managers performance or his team when you know week after week the team is up against bent officials out to cause us problems.... and not only that desperate do the tims favours any time they are struggling.

Its incredible how obvious it is i think a lot of these refs are absolutely mental.

Yes -- and it's in a negative manner.

Mind, the amount of Rangers fans (and true blues at that) that I know who refuse to accept that match officials have any reall effect on our results, is startling.
It appears to be a remnant of the "dignified silence" routine that worked so well for us.

At the start of the season, I kept a running of total in my head of key decisions both for and against what we should get. After the first couple of months, we were at -15.

People can be magnanimous all they want. We're getting the shaft. Until they have their placemen removed from the SFA, SPFL and other extenal areas, we will have an uphill task.

There is no question about it. We get booted over the park constantly without action being taken and then one questionable fouls from us sees a booking. Our players need to do more in putting pressure on refs though.

The sheep just used their normal Rangers tactics on Celtic and lost the plot. That’s against us as there’s a few booking but nothing like that!

I think the stats would point towards that being the case, in the last couple of years at least.

It is often asked why the sheep don’t play as committed against them as they do against us while today puts that to bed.

Scottish football is so bent in favor of one club that is is becoming uncompetitive because they’re just not allowed to lose.

I have absolutely nothing concrete to base this assertion on, but I can confidently say that had that Dominic Ball challenge that resulted in a red card today had occurred against us then it would not have resulted in a red card.

We've seen it all season long, opponents getting away with booting our players up and down the park and getting off scot free yet the minute Morelos reacts in any manner a red card is produced. Yet that Killie thug Power got away with a nose high challenge in the Scottish Cup, both from the ref at the time and the compliance review afterwards.

Are we refereed to a different standard? Absolutely.

This is it. A referee that gives anything for us will have the press hound him and his family
Just ask John Beaton after we had soundly beaten them fair and square.

The outcry and outrageous levels of scrutiny went on for nearly a fucking month.

This after he had actually had a good game for a change.

That puts pressure on any referee for future games , there is no denying it.

This all started when the L.B was last in charge at the piggery and has continued to this day.

At the start of the season, I kept a running of total in my head of key decisions both for and against what we should get. After the first couple of months, we were at -15.

People can be magnanimous all they want. We're getting the shaft. Until they have their placemen removed from the SFA, SPFL and other extenal areas, we will have an uphill task.

but we got 4 penalties in a match we were always going to win :rolleyes:

The simple facts are this:

Had it been us in that game with Aberdeen today, there is absolutely no way Thomson sends off 2 sheep players and gives us a penalty.

Had our SC semi final against the sheep been refereed to the same standard as todays game, it would have been us playing the filth today.

Any bears still trying to deny that we are being cheated clearly haven’t been paying enough attention.

Back