Aberdeen manager red carded for responding to sectarian chants

Billyfergus

Not suree If there is another thread on same subject so apologies if there is. Absolutely shocking that in this day and age, a manager has to suffer religious bigotry and then suffer more indignation by being red carded for responding to it.

These chunts are bullet proof and I expect that the usual suspects in the media will gloss it over or if they do mention it, it will be “a bit of banter”

Can you imagine the outcry if it was a slur against any other religion? It would be headlines on the BBC, CNN, Sky News and the Sunday Post.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/spor...nes-sent-off-for-reacting-to-sectarian-abuse/

McInnes is a two faced wee cant , feck him . What about all the years he has had abuse and said nothing and never calls out his own fans when they belt out their crap . No sympathy for beardy .

I really don't know how any Rangers fan can believe that the media is not biased against us these days.

Watch the reaction to this, it will be the same as the reaction given to the sectarian abuse directed toward Gerrard in the past month, totally downplayed.

Compare it with the reaction to a few hundred chanting towards Steve Clarke which was blown up to be the worse thing in the world.

The media and politicians in this country are a disgrace.

Imagine Clarke or Lennon was sent off for reacting to the cheer up chants......imagine it man.

Last edited:
So you get sent off for reacting to sectarian abuse aimed at a Protestant ,will treacle teeth get sent off if he reacts to sectarian abuse from Hearts fans in the final ? I think not !

if they lose, this will happen and it will get blamed for the loss

days of "brave" Lennon in the papers, forgetting that they got beat

I really don't know how any Rangers fan can believe that the media is not biased against us these days.

Watch the reaction to this, it will be the same as the reaction given to the sectarian abuse directed toward Gerrard is the past month, totally downplayed.

Compare it with the reaction to a few hundred chating towards Steve Clarke which was blown up to be the worse thing in the world.

Imagine Clarke or Lennon was sent off for reacting to the cheer up chants......imagine it man.
Maybe there are one ot two around but I don’t know any Rangers fan who doesn’t believe that the media is against us, Sasa.

From BBC on line,

The McInnes dismissal requires context. The Aberdeen manager was subjected to sectarian abuse from Celtic fans and he reacted to it, unwisely by his own admission. The twisted morality of these things in Scotland may now see McInnes up on a Scottish FA charge, while those guilty of abusing him will likely hear no more about it.

Interesting to see how this is dealt with. How did McInnes react ? What did he do ? 4th official input ?

Steve Clarke suited their agenda. Boyd was wheeled out as if to say it’s not anti Rangers. I don’t remember the same outcry in both occasions it’s been sung to Steven Gerrard. Will Jim white & Andy Walker be in SSN tomorrow talking about it

As an aside, thank %^*& we didn't end up with him as our manager. x1000

Yeah McInnes has disappeared so far up his own arse he’ll probably be the first one to defend The Bheasts, or presumably Andy Wanker has already done that. Loves it does Derek.

Wise up or grow up You've never sung similar to a Celtic or Hibs manager? You're a liar if you say no. McIness didn't react to that at all. He reacted at getting scudd3xd again. And you'll sing again at Ibrox next month at Lennon. And fair enough too. It's only football and a place to vent ones frustrations

All of this is true and correct, but just wait for the complete onslaught of media outrage should even half a dozen Rangers fans chant that Lennon is a sad FB.

It is all one way and one way only. What more evidence does anyone need?

All of this is true and correct, but just wait for the complete onslaught of media outrage should even half a dozen Rangers fans chant that Lennon is a sad FB.

It is all one way and one way only. What more evidence does anyone need?

Anyone who doesn’t recognize it is a coward who doesn’t want to face the truth or an enemy of Rangers and the Protestant community.

When is the press conference to highlight the sickening sectarian chants. Will it be the same as when the Kilmarnock manager lost a game and decided to have a wee greet. Or will there not be one? Answers on a postcard.

Watch the reaction to this, it will be the same as the reaction given to the sectarian abuse directed toward Gerrard in the past month, totally downplayed.

Compare it with the reaction to a few hundred chanting towards Steve Clarke which was blown up to be the worse thing in the world.

It would never happen, never

Back