EPL player of the year

Sterling edges it for me.
Mane and Firmino should be up there.
I actually think Son could be shortlisted, he’s stepped up for Spurs when needed.

Sterling has been outstanding this season.

The lad Allison in the sticks for Liverpool has been different gravy to any keeper in England and what Liverpool have had in years.

Saw the interviews VVD and Sterling did in relation to players player...VVD voted for Sterling, Sterling for Kane...tactical vote if ever I seen one.

Is it announced before the season ends ? If not it could depend who’s team wins it between VVD and Sterling.

Saw the interviews VVD and Sterling did in relation to players player...VVD voted for Sterling, Sterling for Kane...tactical vote if ever I seen one.
Precisely. Tells you all you need to know about van Dijk and all you need to know about Sterling.

How is it decided? Fans or what?

It's between Sterling and Van Dijk for me, probably whatever team wins the league will win it.

How is it decided? Fans or what?

It's between Sterling and Van Dijk for me, probably whatever team wins the league will win it.

it's decided by PFA votes, so the players decide

hence why people were mentioning that Van Dijk went for Sterling but Sterling went for Kane in the votes

As an ex scum player VVD can go fĂąck himself.

Anyway if it comes down to those two Sterling would get it, a foreigner doesn’t have a chance going up against an English player. I do think it’s mad to think Agüero will almost certainly go through his entire Premier League career without ever having won POTY.

VVD is so overrated.

Sterling for me. Maybe if Hazard had better players around him and chelsea won something or were right up there for the title, he’d of won.

Anyway if it comes down to those two Sterling would get it, a foreigner doesn’t have a chance going up against an English player. I do think it’s mad to think Agüero will almost certainly go through his entire Premier League career without ever having won POTY.
He has only scored as many goals as Salah and Salah doesn’t take penalties.

He has missed chunks of previous seasons due to injury which has probably counted against him in individual campaigns.

He has only scored as many goals as Salah and Salah doesn’t take penalties.

He has missed chunks of previous seasons due to injury which has probably counted against him in individual campaigns.

Yeah but Salah’s a greedy diving bastard whose developed a habit of just shooting and shooting (often at the expense of the greater good of the team) till one eventually goes in. Agüero’s mins per goal ratio is quite a bit better too which might offset the penalty difference a bit.

But yeah Injuries have definitely been Agüero’s big problem, but then scumbag Ryan Giggs got the award one year after making something like 12 starts in the PL.

Drogba hsd an absolutely brilliant season only for Rooney to get it in the past.

Sort of proves your point.

Drogba hsd an absolutely brilliant season only for Rooney to get it in the past.

Sort of proves your point.

That was an absolutely prime example. Plus Rooney tailed off at the end of that season while Drogba stepped it up and bagged the guys that actually got Chelsea the title. But I think it was already decided before then that Rooney would be getting it.

I thought one of Bale’s POTY wins was nonsense too, should have been Van Persie.

Sterling has been sensational ever since Pep took over. His stats are incredible.

It's between Bernardo Silva, Sterling and Van Dijk by the looks of it and i'd personally go for Sterling.

Be interesting to see why the OP doesn't like Sterling, he's a much improved character on and off the pitch in recent years.

Yeah but Salah’s a greedy diving bastard whose developed a habit of just shooting and shooting (often at the expense of the greater good of the team) till one eventually goes in. Agüero’s mins per goal ratio is quite a bit better too which might offset the penalty difference a bit.

But yeah Injuries have definitely been Agüero’s big problem, but then scumbag Ryan Giggs got the award one year after making something like 12 starts in the PL.
Did he? But then Giggs did have the best record playing away from home.

Mad seeing the improvement in Sterling because there were points over the last couple of years where he looked as if he couldn't control a ball and all he had was pace.

Hazard needs to leave Chelsea pronto as his career is just completely stalling. He's probably the most talented player in the league but he's wasted there.

Never get why people hate Sterling?

A think hes full of shite tbh

Also the time he went on holiday while his team played games when he wasnt injured to me he seems selfish.

Might be a great guy how do i know but hes just one of these guys a dont like.

Like windass, windass didnt do much to upset me but theres suhin unlikable about him haha

Mad seeing the improvement in Sterling because there were points over the last couple of years where he looked as if he couldn't control a ball and all he had was pace.

Hazard needs to leave Chelsea pronto as his career is just completely stalling. He's probably the most talented player in the league but he's wasted there.
Hazard has won UEFA cup, 2 leagues, FA cup, league cup and became captain of Belgium at Chelsea.

Hardly a waste.

What about Salah, VVD at Liverpool, Kane and Eriksen at Spurs who have won nothing. Are they wasters / stalling?

Hazard has won UEFA cup, 2 leagues, FA cup, league cup and became captain of Belgium at Chelsea.

Hardly a waste.

What about Salah, VVD at Liverpool, Kane and Eriksen at Spurs who have won nothing. Are they wasters / stalling?

Re: the Spurs players, yes...complete waste. They're a nothing club.

Liverpool have got to a Champions League final and are title contenders so they're not really in the same bracket as Spurs.

What else does Hazard have to prove at Chelsea? As it stands he's the best of a bad bunch who's only ambition is to finish in the top 4. He's better than that.

Is Van Dijk the best defender that's ever played in Scotland? A truly world class player who could walk into any team in the world. Pits he played for the rhats

Back