King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

If there are big changes being made at the foundation level within the club then that supports a period of stability and can be the difference between a successful season and sustained dominance.

Just words, we need to win the league and at least a cup. Progress has been made, but it’s three years since we lifted anything... that’s not dominance!

"Steven’s passion, professionalism and winning mentality has been inculcated throughout the football activities at all levels and we have seen strong benefits from this. Of significance was our first, strong European campaign for many years !"

Loving this :D

Every day is a school day on FF :D

"inculcate
/ˈɪnkʌlkeɪt/
verb
past tense: inculcated; past participle: inculcated
  1. instil (an idea, attitude, or habit) by persistent instruction.
    "I tried to inculcate in my pupils an attitude of enquiry"
    synonyms:instil, implant, fix, ingrain, infuse, impress, imprint, introduce;

teach (someone) an attitude, idea, or habit by persistent instruction.
    • "they will try to inculcate you with a respect for culture"

I don’t see the point in coming out with these statements saying that we’re going to do this and that.

Just back the management with cash then we can talk about being the “dominant force” when we actually win something.

To be fair the Board did back the Manager. He was allowed to bring in around twenty players spending over £10million on transfer fees never mind loan fees.

Who would have thought it was Season Ticket renewal time.

To be fair the Board did back the Manager. He was allowed to bring in around twenty players spending over £10million on transfer fees never mind loan fees.

Who would have thought it was Season Ticket renewal time.

£10m if it was that, is still miles off whats needed sadly. In terms of bringing in twenty players, £10m to bring in a whole team won't get you quality. most were squad fillers, nothing of genuine quality. Double that is what will be needed.

Last edited:
It is what it is I suppose - a rallying call at season ticket renewal time. Big season ahead.

Rangers has always been a leader on and off the pitch. Apart from the aim of amassing titles and trophies, being part of Rangers as a fan, player, manager or director means we conduct ourselves in a specific manner. Our club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules.

Sounds like the dignified silence route is very much to the fore.

Don't see anything wrong with what he has said at all, hit him with all the criticism you want if he doesn't fulfil his promise but there's nothing wrong with making them in the first place

Mate, Celtic are about to win trophies 8 and 9 of the last 9 available in Scotland. We are 11 points behind them in the league and we've beaten them once in 11 attempts in the league, more if you count cups.

To say we are close to dominating them is fucking ludicrous. There's already mentally challengeds in my office absolutely pishing themselves at it.

What's wrong with just saying there's been progress and we're determined to continue it next season?

It is what it is I suppose - a rallying call at season ticket renewal time. Big season ahead.

Rangers has always been a leader on and off the pitch. Apart from the aim of amassing titles and trophies, being part of Rangers as a fan, player, manager or director means we conduct ourselves in a specific manner. Our club often comes under unfair attack and we are relentless in working hard behind the scenes, and up front when necessary, to make sure we are given the respect our club and our massive support deserves. But we will not engage in unseemly debates through the media.
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules.

Sounds like the dignified silence route is very much to the fore.

%^*& a dignified silence. It has sent Rangers backwards not being a progressive club with the media and organisations.

Celtic on the other hand have had the balls to challenge and now look how far ahead of us in terms of PR and just as a club they are on the whole.

Mate, Celtic are about to win trophies 8 and 9 of the last 9 available in Scotland. We are 11 points behind them in the league and we've beaten them once in 11 attempts in the league, more if you count cups.

To say we are close to dominating them is fucking ludicrous. There's already mentally challengeds in my office absolutely pishing themselves at it.

What's wrong with just saying there's been progress and we're determined to continue it next season?
Cunts would moan if he says he's happy with just progress, saying we need imminent success. Now he's saying he feels success is imminent, people still moan. Maybe he believes the gap isn't anywhere near as big as made out, which I and many others believe. Maybe he genuinely does think we are close to success again, which wouldn't be a ludicrous thought.

Agree with the first point. They're on their way to making it 9/9 domestic honours in a row, we haven't laid a glove on them in years with the exception of the SC Semi Final win in 2016 and the Jack 1-0 in December. We've came 3rd the past two seasons. Its not exactly close to dominance :confused:

laughable really . you have to be in a position of strength to justify statements like that .

we have made slight progress but that's it . we are nowhere near where we want or need to be .

serious money is needed to back the manager in the summer and i don't think we have what we need .

Cunts would moan if he says he's happy with just progress, saying we need imminent success. Now he's saying he feels success is imminent, people still moan. Maybe he believes the gap isn't anywhere near as big as made out, which I and many others believe. Maybe he genuinely does think we are close to success again, which wouldn't be a ludicrous thought.

Success is needed.
We've not won a major trophy since 2011

£10m if it was that, is still miles off whats needed sadly. In terms of bringing in twenty players, £10m to bring in a whole team won't get you quality. most were squad fillers, nothing of genuine quality. Double that is what will be needed.

What have Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock spent ?

We have one league win in 9 games against them. A total of 8 out of 27 points. That is why we are behind celtic.

We have had one win out of six games this season against Aberdeen. We had a better record last season despite spending more preseason than they have in twenty seasons.

We didn't need squad fillers we have enough of them. We needed quality.

Back