King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

What have Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock spent ?

We have one league win in 9 games against them. A total of 8 out of 27 points. That is why we are behind celtic.

We have had one win out of six games this season against Aberdeen. We had a better record last season despite spending more preseason than they have in twenty seasons.

We didn't need squad fillers we have enough of them. We needed quality.
One point I wouldn't argue with , hopefully that will be the M.O in the summer.

It goes almost without saying that we have to keep improving. Celtic will hit lethargy at some point. It happened to us during 9iar. We just need to be in a position to take advantage when it happens.

£10m if it was that, is still miles off whats needed sadly. In terms of bringing in twenty players, £10m to bring in a whole team won't get you quality. most were squad fillers, nothing of genuine quality. Double that is what will be needed.

Well, if you find sources that pump in 20odd million into the club for free and without accruing any liabilities et al, the club will be keen to hear from you. Investors (not the board, BTW) will be needed and we have to be realistic here, as this is Scotland.

And realistically, we may get some cash from Europe (needed to help paying off last seasons transfers et al) and will probably gain serious money only from player sales. On top of what he may get from new investment. Was there not a share off being talked about?
Beyond the Clyde, they raked and rake in 20odd millions from Europe each season, plus silly money being paid for their players from EPL clubs. ON TOP of what they get from ST sales and "investment" from their board. Their business model is based on that and they may very well crumble if we manage to deny the CL cash.

FACT remains that various factors ended this season's challenge, be it injuries to important players, time and again using wrong tactics (4-3-3 against the brick wall union is simply not working, as the days of MW proved), horrific refereeing and the like, which all combined with Tav`s blackout at the Scumhut and other individual errors. Throwing money away may get you better players, but can`t change much of the above, all factors this season.

And while we are at it, you can get quality players in this day and age withough needing another 10m on top of what we usually spend.

He already is. Clyde super scoreboard tweeted part of his statement, seems pretty condescending to me and the scum have jumped on it.

I'm sure our Chairman will be really concerned about a tweet from a mentally challenged radio station.

It's a sales pitch for season ticket renewals and it'll be a successful pitch because they'll totally sell out yet again.

Needs some strong words to back up an increase in ST prices despite another season with no silverware. Stupid comments again.

We haven’t won a major trophy in god knows how many years, the mhanks are on the brink of an unprecedented treble treble, they can still blow us out the water financially, yet DK believes we are close to being a dominant force?

How out of touch is he? Or does he really genuinely believe this?

Hope I’m wrong but I’m swaying towards him being out of touch.

Just say thanks and tell us the manager will be given funds to fight for the title.The rest is just noise and I’m not listening to it anymore.Im more than grateful to Mr King and the rest for saving the club.What I’m not happy with is the seemingly lack of fight at boardroom level.We are shit on weekly and not a peep from them.Please less chat more action.

Cunts would moan if he says he's happy with just progress, saying we need imminent success. Now he's saying he feels success is imminent, people still moan. Maybe he believes the gap isn't anywhere near as big as made out, which I and many others believe. Maybe he genuinely does think we are close to success again, which wouldn't be a ludicrous thought.

He could easily have said he was delighted with the European run but domestically inconsistent and overall not good enough, however progress has been made and the club looks forward to building on that progress next season.

I'm sure our Chairman will be really concerned about a tweet from a mentally challenged radio station.

It's a sales pitch for season ticket renewals and it'll be a successful pitch because they'll totally sell out yet again.
They’d sell out regardless of his pitch, no matter how embarrassing it is.

Theres no need.

If he genuinely believes that then its pretty worrying.

If he doesn’t believe it then whats the point in lieing?

The team requires a further upgrade and the Board will continue to back Mark and Steven, who fully understand that Rangers must win titles and cups and plans are already in place for recruitment in the summer window.

Wonder why people feel the need to ridicule the statement or pick on negatives, but seemingly the one impritant passage?

BTW, ...
Conducting ourselves with dignity is a part of who we are and it is up to us to set standards. However, in doing this, we will not allow ourselves to be treated differently or held to a different set of rules.

... one of the FLHAD chaps said that the club is actively working on changes to the "CO and her shadowy judges" system, as it clearly ain`t working is rather biased and partial. But they do that with the SFA/SPFL and not in public ... and support from other clubs is needed.

There was now way we were going to go from where we were to be the dominant force once again in the 3 years we came back up into the premiership, but I can see a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel.
Get a good calibre of player in and we can maybe get them next year?..Also I hope they keep Lennon cause' he will eventually implode as he always does

Just words, we need to win the league and at least a cup. Progress has been made, but it’s three years since we lifted anything... that’s not dominance!

8 years since we won anything IMO, anything after 2011 means nothing to me.

They’d have sold out easily with or without the unnecessary sales pitch.
They’d sell out regardless of his pitch, no matter how embarrassing it is.

Theres no need.

Yes they probably would, but personally I've got no issue with our Chairman saying we're getting close to overhauling them.

I agree with him.

It's only fine margins between the teams now and they'll have a bigger rebuilding job to do than us this summer.

We're not quite there yet, but we're getting closer.

The ground we’ve made up this season from the last few seasons if you compare our best eleven to theirs is pretty remarkable. We’ve narrowed the gap massively in a year as December’s game showed, as half the previous game showed when we had ten men. Them losing Rodgers has also worked in our favour.

We have the consistency issues that Celtic don’t have though, if we sort that for next year then who knows.

I don’t see the point in coming out with these statements saying that we’re going to do this and that.

Just back the management with cash then we can talk about being the “dominant force” when we actually win something.
Agree. The best in any walks of life tend to let their results do the talking.
Kind does sound like a watered down version of Romanov at times and fans fall for this all the time.

I don't think King should make statements like this.
One it puts pressures on the manager before the press and for reasons with no tangible benefit.
Two it leaves the club open to mockery by the usual haters.
Three it doesn't need saying anyway even if it were true and he could guarantee it to be true, which he cannot.

Next season if we get the transfer window right and make the necessary improvements, and if all goes well and we are challenging from day one fine, if we can deliver great, then it will be the time to talk, but only after we have walked the walk.

The statement is aimed at us supporters to put money into the coffers for the benefit of Gerrard putting a winning team out. If you’re first reaction is worrying about what the mentally challenged workmates might say then have a word fs. At least our chairman doesn’t keep quiet about the goings on surrounding the club unlike their silence on certain issues

King done the same last year and look where we are. Keep the mouth shut and give Stevie the money. And who gives a fck what the unwashed have got to say on the subject.

I don’t think we’re far behind they c**ts but he needs to back his mouth up with cash

He’s fronted a lot of cash. I think it’s slightly disrespectful to King the way some still almost imply he hasn’t really put his hand in his pocket.

It’s not as though he’s got 10’s of millions sitting spare in a secret account either. Sourcing investment for us can’t be easy.

Lets see it on the park then, back the man with serious cash for a serious challenge.

Til then, it's all noise

I have to agree with this.

Give him a decent amount (15 to 20m) to get some quality in. Every year over 10 players go and the same come in with a net spend of around 7m.

We will never win the league doing this.

King really should shut up with comments like this, make them after you have won or it just sounds ridiculous.

He’s fronted a lot of cash. I think it’s slightly disrespectful to King the way some still almost imply he hasn’t really put his hand in his pocket.

It’s not as though he’s got 10’s of millions sitting spare in a secret account either. Sourcing investment for us can’t be easy.
I understand what your saying but I just want to see how much is available for players. Obviously we won’t know that till the summer when players start leaving also. I think it’s a pointless statement by King. Season tickets will be sold out anyway.

We haven’t won a major trophy in god knows how many years, the mhanks are on the brink of an unprecedented treble treble, they can still blow us out the water financially, yet DK believes we are close to being a dominant force?

How out of touch is he? Or does he really genuinely believe this?

Hope I’m wrong but I’m swaying towards him being out of touch.

You think Dave King is out of touch with what's going on at Ibrox and within Scottish Football....seriously?

I understand what your saying but I just want to see how much is available for players. Obviously we won’t know that till the summer when players start leaving also. I think it’s a pointless statement by King. Season tickets will be sold out anyway.
You will never have access to this information. Why would you?

I don't think King should make statements like this.
One it puts pressures on the manager before the press and for reasons with no tangible benefit.
Two it leaves the club open to mockery by the usual haters.
Three it doesn't need saying anyway even if it were true and he could guarantee it to be true, which he cannot.

Next season if we get the transfer window right and make the necessary improvements, and if all goes well and we are challenging from day one fine, if we can deliver great, then it will be the time to talk, but only after we have walked the walk.

Since coming in every season he has made comments that put pressure on the manager and motivate the scum.
He really should leave announcements to someone with a bit more PR knowledge.

One point I wouldn't argue with , hopefully that will be the M.O in the summer.

It will be.

Last season, we had to basically start again. The absolutely humiliating capitulations against the paedos during the two seasons prior to last were all the evidence anyone will ever need of just how bad things had got.

I'm not claiming that last season was good. 2nd place is never good enough for Rangers. However, I no longer watch OF games through the gaps between my fingers.

We don't need a new squad again next season, thankfully, but the missing parts are the quality regular first team starters. That's what we need this summer. I know it. You know it. King knows it. Gerrard also knows it.

Got to wonder what some folk expect him to say.

"Give us an extra 5% as some of the signings have been utter horseshit. We are better than before but still need to spend more to win"?

The same folk moaning about the positive spin are the exact same folk who would be moaning about a negative spin. All in all greeting faced women

You get the impression that some on here don’t actually remember it.

The ‘second means nothing’ crew are quite bad for it.

It took Juventus 4/5 seasons to win Serie A again after their demotion (which was only one league and they kept quite a few of their top players). What we went through was 10x worse than that but the deluded in our support expect to come up and run Celtic all the way straight away and win it. They'll talk about how ''2nd is nothing'' totally ignoring Celtic have a wage bill about 60/70% higher than ours and a squad packed with international players. They'll then quote misleading stats about x amount of wins against certain teams in the league yet they'll ignore the fact that we are comfortably clear in 2nd place in the league ie just about where we should be at this point of our rebuild.

People who cant see how much we've improved as a team under Gerrard since recent seasons aren't worth debating with.

He really can't win on here can he,

It is a ridiculous comment.

Leave it at there has been improvements and we are doing our best to make funds available for SG to challenge for honours.
However every year he adds something stupid that just adds pressure to our manager and motivates others.
Make boastful comments when winning not before hand or you just look stupid.

You will never have access to this information. Why would you?
Eh? Obviously at the end of the next window we’ll know exactly how much he’s made available and what players were sold monies went straight to Stevie. The statement was to generate season ticket sales which is pointless to me. Especially with an apparent 10,000 waiting list.

Back