King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

Got to wonder what some folk expect him to say.

"Give us an extra 5% as some of the signings have been utter horseshit. We are better than before but still need to spend more to win"?

The same folk moaning about the positive spin are the exact same folk who would be moaning about a negative spin. All in all greeting faced women
Exactly. You get the impression that some of them would rather he congratulated the filth.

Eh? Obviously at the end of the next window we’ll know exactly how much he’s made available and what players were sold monies went straight to Stevie. The statement was to generate season ticket sales which is pointless to me. Especially with an apparent 10,000 waiting list.

He doesn’t have to announce how much money, that would be daft.

Announce a fairly high profile bosman to show the standard of players we are after.

Eh? Obviously at the end of the next window we’ll know exactly how much he’s made available and what players were sold monies went straight to Stevie. The statement was to generate season ticket sales which is pointless to me. Especially with an apparent 10,000 waiting list.
You still wont know how much has been made available unless you are privvy to each and every negotiation, each pay off and how much wages we're paying.

Mate, Celtic are about to win trophies 8 and 9 of the last 9 available in Scotland. We are 11 points behind them in the league and we've beaten them once in 11 attempts in the league, more if you count cups.

To say we are close to dominating them is fucking ludicrous. There's already mentally challengeds in my office absolutely pishing themselves at it.

What's wrong with just saying there's been progress and we're determined to continue it next season?

Couldn’t agree more

I don't want to get down on anything but ffs we are rubbish at keeping a dignified silence when its required and then letting rip at the right time.

Keep f**king quiet until we've actual done something.

Every day is a school day on FF :D

"inculcate
/ˈɪnkʌlkeɪt/
verb
past tense: inculcated; past participle: inculcated
  1. instil (an idea, attitude, or habit) by persistent instruction.
    "I tried to inculcate in my pupils an attitude of enquiry"
    synonyms:instil, implant, fix, ingrain, infuse, impress, imprint, introduce;

teach (someone) an attitude, idea, or habit by persistent instruction.
    • "they will try to inculcate you with a respect for culture"

Glad it wasn't just me!

Exactly. You get the impression that some of them would rather he congratulated the filth.

No I don’t think he should do that.

He definitely shouldn’t be saying we are close to being the dominant force in Scotland.
It is laughable as the scum are close to winning another treble.
Even the scum don’t say we are the dominant force despite winning every trophy up here just now as their PR is clever enough to not throw stuff out that motivate others.

I’ve read enough words over the past few years about how good we’re going to be.

Seen very little evidence of it coming to fruition.

It’s time to shut up and actually get on with it. This won’t wash season after season.

Point gap getting wider and out of both Cups by Aberdeen in early rounds.

Aye. We’re smashing it.

You’ll never know exactly how much was available. You don’t announce to clubs how much money you have in your kitty, it weakens your bargaining position and means you’ll simply end up paying over the odds. If King came out and said “we’ve got x amount to spend” I’d have to seriously question his intelligent.

Anyway, he has to say something, I would have left out the bit about us nearly being the dominant force because it’s not true and it only adds more pressure. Fans still trying to kid themselves on we’re nearly there whilst we sit a massive 13 points adrift will have to come back to reality sooner or later.

It took Juventus 4/5 seasons to win Serie A again after their demotion (which was only one league and they kept quite a few of their top players). What we went through was 10x worse than that but the deluded in our support expect to come up and run Celtic all the way straight away and win it. They'll talk about how ''2nd is nothing'' totally ignoring Celtic have a wage bill about 60/70% higher than ours and a squad packed with international players. They'll then quote misleading stats about x amount of wins against certain teams in the league yet they'll ignore the fact that we are comfortably clear in 2nd place in the league ie just about where we should be at this point of our rebuild.

People who cant see how much we've improved as a team under Gerrard since recent seasons aren't worth debating with.

Probably the best post on the three pages of this thread.

Are you for real? 11 points behind tims??

Eh? Could be less or more by the end of the season but not sure what that relates to going forwards. A wee bit of improvement in our squad turns a few of those draws into wins and makes sure we are challenging. unless of Course the tims head out and spend huge and get a decent manager in. Cant see that happening.

Eh? Could be less or more by the end of the season but not sure what that relates to going forwards. A wee bit of improvement in our squad turns a few of those draws into wins and makes sure we are challenging. unless of Course the tims head out and spend huge and get a decent manager in. Cant see that happening.
I just think dominant force is a silly statement to make. Why come out and say that?

It will be.

Last season, we had to basically start again. The absolutely humiliating capitulations against the paedos during the two seasons prior to last were all the evidence anyone will ever need of just how bad things had got.

I'm not claiming that last season was good. 2nd place is never good enough for Rangers. However, I no longer watch OF games through the gaps between my fingers.

We don't need a new squad again next season, thankfully, but the missing parts are the quality regular first team starters. That's what we need this summer. I know it. You know it. King knows it. Gerrard also knows it.
Pretty much agree with that , last season was a different animal as far as squad rebuild goes .

I'm fairly optimistic that we will add the quality required to make a real fist of it next season .

I agree poorly worded, progression made but that’s about it. They are a few games away from total domination on the domestic front again. I wish he would consider more carefully his wording of statements.

"Steven’s passion, professionalism and winning mentality has been inculcated throughout the football activities at all levels and we have seen strong benefits from this. Of significance was our first, strong European campaign for many years !"

Loving this :D
Enjoyed "Concomitant " in the past too.
Exposes Timmy's lack of education as they get all worked up about the words DK uses.:rolleyes:

There has been progress. We will continue to spend and work hard to ensure we once again dominate.

That would have been a better coice of words.

Yes they probably would, but personally I've got no issue with our Chairman saying we're getting close to overhauling them.

I agree with him.

It's only fine margins between the teams now and they'll have a bigger rebuilding job to do than us this summer.

We're not quite there yet, but we're getting closer.

I’m sorry Mearns but this season has produced nothing to suggest that without serious investment in the playing squad that we are remotely close to being the dominant force in this country.

Needs to get his facts right before releasing statements like this. He says we have won - by quite some distance - more league trophies than any other club in the world. After this season we will have won four more than Celtic - hardly "quite some distance". Unless of course he is counting the war years or the lower league trophies!

I think Stevie has enough pressure on him in the summer and kings statement about dominant force just mounts more. We don’t need to make a statement like that imo

How does it add anymore pressure? We as fans are expecting to win the title, there is no more pressure that can be added to that no matter what king says. We win the league we are the dominant force in Scottish football.

League defeats last season = 10

No of league defeats this season = 5

No of league defeats by more than 1 goal last season = 4

No of league defeats by more than 1 goal this season = 0

Aye but we aren't improving..

I doubt you’d find many people who think we haven’t improved.

It is however laughable to suggest we are close to dominating Scottish football again.

DK cannot come out with statements like that and then not back the manager with money.
I'm confident we'll see serious money being given to SG for this campaign.

I’m sorry Mearns but this season has produced nothing to suggest that without serious investment in the playing squad that we are remotely close to being the dominant force in this country.

Well we'll need to agree to disagree mate.

I can only assume you weren't at the 5-0 humping at the piggery at the end of last season?
They've beaten us twice by one goal this season there and we should've got at least a draw in the last game, despite playing for about an hour with 10 men.

We ran the legs off them at Ibrox and I fully expect us to do the same next month.

So there's definite improvement in the head to heads.

They've scrambled last kick winners v Hearts, Dundee and Killie.

They may have beaten a 9 man Aberdeen yesterday, but they've been anything but impressive since Lennon took over.

They've also got a massive rebuilding job ahead next season, far bigger than us.

With Davis and Defoe almost at full match fitness and Arfield clear of injury there's very little between the 2 strongest 11s.

As I've said, we're not there yet, but it's way way closer.

Back