King says Rangers are close to being dominant force in Scotland

Can always rely on Big Dave to put his foot in it.

The Ce;tic Board will be rolling about the floor in fits of laughter.

It’s clear King is a wee bit star-struck with Stevie G and will let him stay at Ibrox until the fans utterly revolt or Gerrard wants out.
Just because Gerrard is applying EPL standards to our club, at all levels, doesn’t make him a good coach and manager.
The jury’s still out for me - he was outfoxed by McInnes and his tattie farmers.

League defeats last season = 10

No of league defeats this season = 5

No of league defeats by more than 1 goal last season = 4

No of league defeats by more than 1 goal this season = 0

Aye but we aren't improving..

Works both ways.

Last season we were an utter abomination but were less points behind, had won more games and were still in the Cup.

We have improved. Last season we had the caretaker’s caretaker in charge and have spent money since. Have we improved to an expected level though? Talking about losing less games by less goals implies we haven’t.

The statement is fine apart from the "dominant force" stuff. If we were five points or less behind Separate Entity FC then fair enough. However we're 11 points behind them and pumped out two cups competitions by the sheep to boot so it's hard to justify that part of the statement.

Needs to get his facts right before releasing statements like this. He says we have won - by quite some distance - more league trophies than any other club in the world. After this season we will have won four more than Celtic - hardly "quite some distance". Unless of course he is counting the war years or the lower league trophies!
This is absolutely desperate.

£10m if it was that, is still miles off whats needed sadly. In terms of bringing in twenty players, £10m to bring in a whole team won't get you quality. most were squad fillers, nothing of genuine quality. Double that is what will be needed.

£30m in just over 12 months? When was the last time A team in Scotland spent that?

Anyway, we dont need to spend £20m to improve on a few too many draws and a 1-0 defeat of two that we've had this season.

DK should learn to keep his mouth shut when talking about winning the title.
Still a long way behind the smellies and struggling against the sheep, hibs and killie.

Cunts would moan if he says he's happy with just progress, saying we need imminent success. Now he's saying he feels success is imminent, people still moan. Maybe he believes the gap isn't anywhere near as big as made out, which I and many others believe. Maybe he genuinely does think we are close to success again, which wouldn't be a ludicrous thought.
He'd dammed if he says anything, and dammed if he dosent, we all know we are behind c3ltic but we are a lot closer than last year, a few descent players and a wee bit of lucjk(or the refs just to do their jobs properly) and we will be there or there abouts. And I like the £2 donation to the Rangers foundation.

Can always rely on Big Dave to put his foot in it.

The Ce;tic Board will be rolling about the floor in fits of laughter.
Mate who gives a fu*k about them.What annoys me about it is he isn’t saying anything we haven’t heard before.Did it get the backing a statement like that deserved?

I don't think any one has said we haven't improved on last season. We have.

Couldn't really give a shit about stats that show we have had less defeats by a narrower margin than last season. 2017/18 was a disaster, we had Pedro Caixinha and Graeme Murty in charge. Two failures who shouldn't have been any where near the job.

This season we were defeated in both cups, still failed to score a goal at Hampden, have struggled against certain sides and sit 11 points behind them in the league whilst they are on course for back to back to back trebles.

We haven't offered a challenge in any competition this season.

What's done is done, the season is over in terms of offering a fight and challenge. We try to win every game from now on in, end the season on form and with a bit of positivity.

Next season the pressure is on us big time to deliver. There can be no excuses. A title and trophy challenge/win are a must or it's back to square one.

The support will continue to renew without words being thrown out there.

Our demand for new signings at this point last season compared to now is night and day.

We know the players capable of being in a title winning 11 and who are short of what is required.

Replaced 4 of the back 5 which was what we wanted and what we got.
Replaced 2 of the mid 3 which was what we wanted and we got it.
Replaced 1 of the front 3 and we got it and then some with Kent.

Grezda a dissappointment along with Barasic. But as many have proven in our famous jersey, you don't have to hit the ground in the first season to be considered a great.

I wish someone else would do Interviews we get these proclamations from King and then he promptly goes back to SA leaving the other board members to pick up the flak.

Well we'll need to agree to disagree mate.

I can only assume you weren't at the 5-0 humping at the piggery at the end of last season?
They've beaten us twice by one goal this season there and we should've got at least a draw in the last game, despite playing for about an hour with 10 men.

We ran the legs off them at Ibrox and I fully expect us to do the same next month.

So there's definite improvement in the head to heads.

They've scrambled last kick winners v Hearts, Dundee and Killie.

They may have beaten a 9 man Aberdeen yesterday, but they've been anything but impressive since Lennon took over.

They've also got a massive rebuilding job ahead next season, far bigger than us.

With Davis and Defoe almost at full match fitness and Arfield clear of injury there's very little between the 2 strongest 11s.

As I've said, we're not there yet, but it's way way closer.

It all looks better when you airbrush out the embarrassing cup exists to a woeful Aberdeen team as well as our inability to beat Hibs, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen regularly.

People are forgetting that the tims have been dreadful this season but will coast to a treble and had the league sown up by March.

Let’s hope for our sake they are as bad again next year.

As for our summer rebuild our 1st team needs a left back, a central defender an attacking creative midfielder and if expected Kent goes back to Liverpool and Morelos is sold we need a front 3 unless we keep candeais or play jones on the right which in both cases doesn’t fill me with confidence.

It's a season ticket sales pitch , people really shouldn't read that much into it.

Of course it is, but the support aren’t daft.

They will see that we’re still adrift of Celtic having not made either of the two cup finals.

We’ve made progress certainly and are heading in the right direction, but admitting that probably won’t shift as many season tickets.

Theres enough Rats out there who love to talk us down. I don't think slagging King will help.There are issues that will need addressing both on and off the Field. I am of the opinion that we can and will be the Dominant Force again.
I hope and Pray we can stop them next Year BUT 55 is coming sooner rather than later.
They are not the Team the papers or pundits claim they are and this season has shown it.

It all looks better when you airbrush out the embarrassing cup exists to a woeful Aberdeen team as well as our inability to beat Hibs, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen regularly.

People are forgetting that the tims have been dreadful this season but will coast to a treble and had the league sown up by March.

Let’s hope for our sake they are as bad again next year.

As for our summer rebuild our 1st team needs a left back, a central defender an attacking creative midfielder and if expected Kent goes back to Liverpool and Morelos is sold we need a front 3 unless we keep candeais or play jones on the right which in both cases doesn’t fill me with confidence.

We are on target to add 7-9 points at least to our total from last season.

A similar addition next season would be a pretty good effort.

Without a Sheikh - thats as good as incremental progress gets.

Lets see it on the park then, back the man with serious cash for a serious challenge.

Til then, it's all noise

"every fan should know that the season-ticket revenue will solely go towards the first-team squad. "

Is this not backing the manager with serious cash?

We have built a squad of players. This transfer window we need to bring in quality instead of quantity - I believe Stevie G has already hinted at this.

This season we should finish second which is our highest position since we were kicked down to League 3.

The next step is to win the league and

He'll be roundly laughed at no doubt.

Couldn't give a fxxk what anyone outside of the Rangers family are saying.

It's a season ticket sales pitch , people really shouldn't read that much into it.

It is a bit more than that - he had stated that the ST cash will solely go to the first team squad.

I suppose you could twist those words but to me that sounds like a commitment to use the ST money to acquire new players.

I was already going to renew anyway, Dave.

No need for this headline grabbing nonsense. Would prefer he set about some of the not fit for purpose infrastructure running the Scottish game, if he's intent on releasing a statement.

The harsh fact is that until we can remove the last vestiges of spivvery from the club (Ashley and one or two nameless others) then we seem likely to struggle to attract the significant external investment we need to get back to dominating things up here. Doesn't mean we won't win the league next season, but phrases like "dominant force" are just silly at the moment, and actually a bit of an insult to those of us who have ponied up the money over yet another trophy-less season.

Aye but Hibs, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen.

I honestly dont understand this arguement from the delusional. Last season we owned The Sheep but finished 3rd which everybody agreed isn't good enough and said 2nd is the minimum acceptable season for us. This season we've drew too many games and not beat The Sheep yet but are comfortably clear in 2nd place. ''Aye but weev no beet the sheep yet it's no gud enuf!''. In theory, we could win the title without even beating Aberdeen in a season. Would anyone give a f*ck then? It's only a valid arguement if he sheep are ahead of us in the league, I dont understand it at all.

It is a bit more than that - he had stated that the ST cash will solely go to the first team squad.

I suppose you could twist those words but to me that sounds like a commitment to use the ST money to acquire new players.
I'm not arguing against that but the fact is it's really a belt and braces sales pitch .

He maybe embellishes a bit and waxes a bit lyrical at times but that's what it fundamentally is.

I honestly dont understand this arguement from the delusional. Last season we owned The Sheep but finished 3rd which everybody agreed isn't good enough and said 2nd is the minimum acceptable season for us. This season we've drew too many games and not beat The Sheep yet but are comfortably clear in 2nd place. ''Aye but weev no beet the sheep yet it's no gud enuf!''. In theory, we could win the title without even beating Aberdeen in a season. Would anyone give a f*ck then? It's only a valid arguement if he sheep are ahead of us in the league, I dont understand it at all.

It’s not just Aberdeen we’ve been horribly inconsistent and can barely string 3 or 4 wins in a row, for some people not getting skelped 4 or 5 nil of the tims means it’s been a good season.

Some of the people here are mental.

We lost this season cause of daft draws and late goals. A few marquee players will sort that out, Morelos transfer fee going back into the team will pay for that. We were much further behind than this last season, no matter what the points difference say. The quality on the pitch has improved but a few areas still need similar levels of improvement. We'll get there next season and the daft draws and late goals will diminish.

It's understandable when they have beat us in both cups, it's simply not good enough.

Id have preceded him to say he’s in the middle of doing something about the scum media and cheating bastard refs tbh instead of this dominant force pish.
No one is swallowing that.

It’s not just Aberdeen we’ve been horribly inconsistent and can barely string 3 or 4 wins in a row, for some people not getting skelped 4 or 5 nil of the tims means it’s been a good season.

Inconsistency comes with an average squad. That's the reality. Hopefully the improvements this Summer begin to remove the inconsistency.

Lets see it on the park then, back the man with serious cash for a serious challenge.

Til then, it's all noise

Most ceo try to give employees and s customers a boost with a positive message only our support can take something like that and turn it into a negative

What’s he supposed to say.

We’ll be a dominant force in 5 years?

We won’t be a dominant force but we might win a trophy here or there?

I’m doing my part let’s see if Steven and the players can live up to theirs?

The guy is damned if does and damned if he doesn’t

There is always a certain amount of risk involved but for me I’m glad this is what King is focused on and he’s not mincing words about where he wants us to be! He sets the tone for the whole organization.

Maybe he has said a bit too much but he's trying to sell season tickets, what do you want him to come out and say "we are not improving, buy season tickets please"?

Most ceo try to give employees and s customers a boost with a positive message only our support can take something like that and turn it into a negative

What’s he supposed to say.

We’ll be a dominant force in 5 years?

We won’t be a dominant force but we might win a trophy here or there?

I’m doing my part let’s see if Steven and the players can live up to theirs?

The guy is damned if does and damned if he doesn’t

There is always a certain amount of risk involved but for me I’m glad this is what King is focused on and he’s not mincing words about where he wants us to be! He sets the tone for the whole organization.

He simply doesn't have to use the phrase "dominant force". Saying he expects us to be winning silverware next season was all it would require.

Sitting having maybe won a treble at a canter next season and with some serious investment lined up would be the time to be announcing we're on track to be the dominant force again.

We haven’t won a major trophy in god knows how many years, the mhanks are on the brink of an unprecedented treble treble, they can still blow us out the water financially, yet DK believes we are close to being a dominant force?

How out of touch is he? Or does he really genuinely believe this?

Hope I’m wrong but I’m swaying towards him being out of touch.

He is definitely out of touch, who in their right mind would pump in MILLIONS into a loss making business. The mans a fekking eejit..

Last edited:
Person who wrote the article is a wee bitter tim from Partick area. Watch out for him in the future cause it will shine through.......

Is there evidence to the contrary?

He thinks the man that oversaw a 9-0 reverse to Celtic in 2 games is a true Rangers hero and his man of the year.
He picked our club up from the gutter and is turning it around.
He's brought Steven Gerrard, a world reknowned figure in to manage our club.
He's begun to take on our many enemies and he's a helluva lot smarter than you or I.

For me we have progressed, and we're moving in the right direction. Stevie will improve us even more next season
that's how I feel! they will need a new manager a new defence and a few other players nxt season the core of our side is decent we just need to add a few quality players on our day we are the best team in the league imo just the inconsitancy has cost us hopfully adress that nxt season and go right to town and take that league back

I struggle to see why people care about this so deeply.

DK is selling season tickets and talking up Rangers - the club is on an upward trajectory.

Yet some posters would be less enraged if he'd called their maw a hoor.

Youre right.

It's nothing more than a fairly transparent and shameless attempt at getting folk to renew.

Back