Ticket advice to bring a pal up to a game.

Desman75

Alright bears,

I'm a bluenose based down in Lincoln and used to get up to the odd game here and there when I still had a decent amount of family around the Lanark / Hamilton area. They unfortunately have mainly passed away now and my chances of getting up for a live game are few and far between; although I do subscribe to RangersTV and get to see a good few games through there and get some income to the club from me at least.

This weekend a buddy gave me a spare ticket for the local team, Lincoln City, to see them draw and, more importantly, gain automatic promotion to League One! This has got my thirst for live football back and we are both keen on coming up to Ibrox for a game early in the new season (as well as a weekend stay in Glasgow with the better halves) and I wondered what would be the best way to approach this? Anyone know how easy it is to get hold of none season holder tickets nowadays? This would be something we'd maybe want to arrange a good few weeks in advance so we can get a hotel booked etc and if it could coincide with a band playing at King Tuts or something it would be even better.

Any advice would be appreciated. Just wish I was closer so I could get up more often!

Ring the Ticket Office.

I don’t think ringing the ticket office now for a game in the new season will be any use will it? They’ll just tell him to look out for when tickets go on general sale for each game.

OP get registered on the Gers official website for tickets. There is a section on there that states when tickets go in sale for each individual match. Obviously that won’t be published until we know next seasons fixtures but it’ll give you something to work with.

You might find it difficult to buy tickets from the TO, not many on general sale due to the amount of season tickets sold, best bet is to try outside Ibrox underground on matchday, allways someone selling ( apart from poets game ).

In my experience, getting tickets for games is always easy enough. The ticket office section on this site usually has tickets together for most games.
People are always selling tickets outside Ibrox subway, not uncommon to get two together. Also the Rangers ticket website will have available tickets for most games outside the old firm.
I would wait until fixtures are released, pick a game that fits a time that's good for you and go for it.

Last edited:
Get into the ticket office section of this forum as well, some tickets get freed up in there

You might find it difficult to buy tickets from the TO, not many on general sale due to the amount of season tickets sold, best bet is to try outside Ibrox underground on matchday, allways someone selling ( apart from poets game ).

They always sell out quick but if you’re on at 9am the morning a game goes on sale you’ll get them.

The two far ends of the club deck are the only places i've seen two tickets together for general sale all season.

Thanks for all the info. My buddy love his football and very much enjoys the old school feel of classic stadiums and there are none that can compare in stature to Ibrox IMO.

We'd be wanting 2 together (or close-by) for any game to be fair. It would be a full weekend up in Glasgow for 2 couples and we'd prefer (if possible) to get ourselves sorted a good few weeks/ couple of months in advance so we can get things like hotels etc booked.

I'll certainly be in for calling the TO and checking/registering with the official website ticket element online, but will most definitely be keeping an eye in the ticket section of FF as well. Am sure there will be someone on here unfortunate enough to have to go on holiday when a home game is on!

Get in touch with Sheffield & Districts RSC they leave from Mansfield area ( bout 30 mile from you (?) .

Good set of lads on that bus.

Get in touch with Sheffield & Districts RSC they leave from Mansfield area ( bout 30 mile from you (?) .

Good set of lads on that bus.

Great thanks.
Aye, Sheff is less than an hour from us. I will contact them anyways in case they ever do events locally or have somewhere to watch the games on TV as well. Gets a bit frustrating not actually knowing anyone else who supports my team!

Great thanks.
Aye, Sheff is less than an hour from us. I will contact them anyways in case they ever do events locally or have somewhere to watch the games on TV as well. Gets a bit frustrating not actually knowing anyone else who supports my team!

Their last do was in Mansfield, Leeds Crown Defenders have played at the EOS do before, they were over in Blackburn at the weekend for a Parade and I was speaking to band members I know.

Alright bears,

I'm a bluenose based down in Lincoln and used to get up to the odd game here and there when I still had a decent amount of family around the Lanark / Hamilton area. They unfortunately have mainly passed away now and my chances of getting up for a live game are few and far between; although I do subscribe to RangersTV and get to see a good few games through there and get some income to the club from me at least.

This weekend a buddy gave me a spare ticket for the local team, Lincoln City, to see them draw and, more importantly, gain automatic promotion to League One! This has got my thirst for live football back and we are both keen on coming up to Ibrox for a game early in the new season (as well as a weekend stay in Glasgow with the better halves) and I wondered what would be the best way to approach this? Anyone know how easy it is to get hold of none season holder tickets nowadays? This would be something we'd maybe want to arrange a good few weeks in advance so we can get a hotel booked etc and if it could coincide with a band playing at King Tuts or something it would be even better.

Any advice would be appreciated. Just wish I was closer so I could get up more often!

I’m away 4-8th sept obviously we don’t know fixtures yet but you can have my tickets, I am in the family stand good seats tbh. I’ll contact you once fixtures released if we have a home game.

I’m away 4-8th sept obviously we don’t know fixtures yet but you can have my tickets, I am in the family stand good seats tbh. I’ll contact you once fixtures released if we have a home game.
That's a great gesture @Elaine , proud to have bearette's like you follow our club, just hope the guy is fortunate to get tickets whenever they are up, I heard that that's the weekend we play the tims:p

That's a great gesture but unfortunately for the op that looks like international fixtures on they dates.

Thanks for all the info. My buddy love his football and very much enjoys the old school feel of classic stadiums and there are none that can compare in stature to Ibrox IMO.

We'd be wanting 2 together (or close-by) for any game to be fair. It would be a full weekend up in Glasgow for 2 couples and we'd prefer (if possible) to get ourselves sorted a good few weeks/ couple of months in advance so we can get things like hotels etc booked.

I'll certainly be in for calling the TO and checking/registering with the official website ticket element online, but will most definitely be keeping an eye in the ticket section of FF as well. Am sure there will be someone on here unfortunate enough to have to go on holiday when a home game is on!
If you let me know what weekend once we have the fixtures, I can help you out mate. I have 2 seats together you can use

The general sale is 3 weeks before the fixture, give or take a few days.

Back