The Scottish Amateur Cup 2018/2019

Aye he definitely has a presence.

Not sure I follow mate? What else would it be treated as?

When it started it was a bit like mates all having a kick about, older guys looking to stay involved and getting out the house. Over the last couple of years it’s become far more competitive and the standard has greatly improved.

He’s superb at what he does for Colville. A real leader and someone his team mates have the upmost respect for. Dare I say they even have an on field fear of him.

35s standard is good and improving. It’s becoming very competitive which is fine but players aren’t happy that it’s being treated as a competitive game by referees and the powers that be.

Played against and with mcd. What a player to have by your side

Team I run went out of the Sunday Scottish today gutted but buzzing we got to Quarters in our first season entering

Hurlford/Southside v Colville Park
Alba Thistle v Eastfield

Semi-Final draw, believe both games are played at New Douglas Park but not sure of the dates.

Doc re-signed for Colville Park this season bit hasn’t featured. He’s playing over 35s with Eastercraigs on a Friday night.

McD (Steven McDevitt) still plays with and is the captain of Colville Park, I can’t think of many amateur players that have been more successful than him.

A few of the lads who played and won with Shortlees last season will have won it twice before with Hulrford... so three times each?

Eastfield will be big favourites to make the final with Colville. Anything can happen at this stage though and can all come down to luck and bottle on the day.

Eastfield will be big favourites to make the final with Colville. Anything can happen at this stage though and can all come down to luck and bottle on the day.
Don't discount Alba, Big strong team who like to mix it up and can play a bit. Eastfield are a good young stuffy team so as you says it could be who comes out the battle. We have Eastfield on sat so I'll be sure to be telling the boys to put it about. Can't see any of their boys wanting to risk an injury ;)

Don't discount Alba, Big strong team who like to mix it up and can play a bit. Eastfield are a good young stuffy team so as you says it could be who comes out the battle. We have Eastfield on Sat so I'll be sure to be telling the boys to put it about. Can't see any of their boys wanting to risk an injury ;)
You say Alba are a big strong team,watched Eastfield on Saturday against GU ,they are a small strong side who like to play ,interesting semi ahead

A few of the lads who played and won with Shortlees last season will have won it twice before with Hulrford... so three times each?

As said already, McD has won the Sunday Trophy (effectively the Sunday Scottish) at least twice and I also think he’s won the Scottish with at least one other team.

Scottish Cup Quarter Final fixture

Hurlford Thistle v Southside (SSMAFL)
Auchinleck Leisure Centre 14:30ko.

Result.

Hurlford Thistle 6 Southside 0

Completed Semi Final draw

Colville Park v Hurlford Thistle

Alba Thistle v Eastfield

West of Scotland Cup Ties 16/03/2019

Oban Saints v Cambria
Glencruitten Park, Oban 13:00

Shortlees v Glasgow Uni
Venue and kick off to be updated.

Southside v St Patrick’s
Penilee (grass) 13:30

Bannockburn v Dumbarton
St Modan’s high School 14:00

West of Scotland Cup Ties 16/03/2019

Oban Saints v Cambria
Glencruitten Park, Oban 13:00

Shortlees v Glasgow Uni
Venue and kick off to be updated.

Southside v St Patrick’s
Penilee (grass) 13:30

Bannockburn v Dumbarton
St Modan’s high School 14:00

Oban Saints v Cambria is a 1.30 ko as far as i'm aware unless there has been a late change.

West of Scotland Cup results

Bannockburn 3 Dumbarton Academy 1

Southside 0 St Patrick’s 3

Semi Final draw now complete and posted above.

Big wins for Bannockburn and St Pats yesterday. Semi between the two on 2/4 will be a cracker. Game at Hamilton FC.

Played against Bannockburn in the Scottish last year, got murdered 7-1, they were a cracking side. Not surprised to see them in a major final.

West of Scotland.
Semi-final.

Oban Saints 2 Shortlees 1

Knapp for SH & Kelly & Cassells for OS.

Saints come from a goal down to reach the final.

Last edited:
Terrific result for Oban Saints. Congratulations to them.

Bannockburn v Oban Saints in the final, should be a very good game.

First semi final of the Scottish tonight.

Hurlford Thistle v Colville Park.
New Douglas Park, kick off 19:30.

All the best to both.

Oban always have a good cup run and league form also this season is better. They have always had a larger catchment area for players compared to the other Argyll teams with their nearest rivals Campbeltown Pupils struggling nowadays for players.

Oban always have a good cup run and league form also this season is better. They have always had a larger catchment area for players compared to the other Argyll teams with their nearest rivals Campbeltown Pupils struggling nowadays for players.

Seen CP at the start of the season and they were really poor tbh (8-1). Some of their players admitted they were out their depth but with teams having departed the SAFL in recent seasons found themselves promoted when nowhere near good enough.

As i said earlier the OS team is made up of local boys many of whom have progressed through the various age groups together, including a few who won the Scottish Schools Cup two years in a row many years ago.

A lot of younger players are now beginning to push the older boys as well so the future looks healthy. Indeed they defeated Port Glasgow 2-1 a week ago with 7 teenagers starting the game.

Seen CP at the start of the season and they were really poor tbh (8-1). Some of their players admitted they were out their depth but with teams having departed the SAFL in recent seasons found themselves promoted when nowhere near good enough.

As i said earlier the OS team is made up of local boys many of whom have progressed through the various age groups together, including a few who won the Scottish Schools Cup two years in a row many years ago.

A lot of younger players are now beginning to push the older boys as well so the future looks healthy. Indeed they defeated Port Glasgow 2-1 a week ago with 7 teenagers starting the game.

Correct mate, CP have lost alot of the main stays of the team and find themselves with a side mainly made up with teenagers this season. They used to be a great physical side who could compete with the top teams in their league particularly late 90s early 2000

4-1 Colville at half time. Very comfortable after Hurlford taking the lead in the opening minutes after a break of the ball in the box.

Must be good for the players winning an amateur tournament knowing they're getting paid. Basically cheating.
No sure about that mate. First thing i chinned my mate for when he signed for colville and he guarantees me they aren’t being paid. Wouldn’t lie about it to us. Would just say if that was the case. They got taken to an all expenses paid trip to Belfast as Christmas so there’s obvious perks

Back