The Tenement Bar Partick

Kilpatricknick

A place I loved to visit before and after games. Well run (by one of our own) and welcoming. Unfortunately AK had to give up the lease couple of weeks back. Now ran by a tim from the Drum. Tentatively ventured back in today for the first time since AK left. Place was dead. Got wind a few tims were in for the semi earlier in the afternoon. It was the ONLY game that was advertised on the chalkboards outside despite Liverpool v Chelsea and others being on. We stayed for one and left. Also was a rammy outside last night as the new guy let all the young team in...and the inevitable happened. Whole atmosphere of the place has changed...for the worst. Big GW behind the bar has been told he's down to one shift a week from 4 and ready to leave. The other girls (bar one) have been let go). New guy stood behind the bar playing on his phone the whole time we were in. I'll not be back and most of the guys in our Club are of the same mind. Just my thoughts but one bears who used this shop might be interested in.

That’s a shame, I am sure I have been in before and they had some rangers tunes on. Did they not also have some gers memorabilia behind the bar?

A place I loved to visit before and after games. Well run (by one of our own) and welcoming. Unfortunately AK had to give up the lease couple of weeks back. Now ran by a tim from the Drum. Tentatively ventured back in today for the first time since AK left. Place was dead. Got wind a few tims were in for the semi earlier in the afternoon. It was the ONLY game that was advertised on the chalkboards outside despite Liverpool v Chelsea and others being on. We stayed for one and left. Also was a rammy outside last night as the new guy let all the young team in...and the inevitable happened. Whole atmosphere of the place has changed...for the worst. Big GW behind the bar has been told he's down to one shift a week from 4 and ready to leave. The other girls (bar one) have been let go). New guy stood behind the bar playing on his phone the whole time we were in. I'll not be back and most of the guys in our Club are of the same mind. Just my thoughts but one bears who used this shop might be interested in.

Past it on Friday night & they had a singer on.

Didn’t look too busy but the guy outside was trying to entice folk in a holiday rep style.

Decided to give it a miss.

Who
Who's the time from the Drum?

It's my mate AK who had it and at the end of the day he decided to leave after nearly 4 year and I sincerely wish AK and A all the best for their wee break.
They absolutely deserve it but I'll no be back in the Tenement as long as a rabid mentally challenged is in charge.
A sad day for Partick.

Everything they touch goes to Fu ck.

A once cracking boozer will turn into another mentally challenged slophouse.
It's what they do.
I went in two Fridays ago to see what the script was with the new guy and it was utterly dead. Big G was on behind the bar but lucky if there were 7 or 8 punters in. Loved it in there, sadly can't say I'll be back as it stands.

Was in last night about half five and was saddened to see the changes in the place. I knew AK was gone and was told the new owner was a tim. He looked well out his depth and got the impression he has never poured a pint in his life. A younger guy who I assumed was his son was serving customers wearing a baseball cap and looked a right knob. All the staff looked inexperienced and were all getting flustered and on top of each other trying to serve customers. I noticed the UJ that was displayed proudly on the gantry and now been tucked away in a corner at the end of the bar. Such a shame as AK ran what was once a great pub.

Heard about this the other week O.P. and I know a few lads that go across from K.P. for a beer and were a bit concerned.

The problem is ..... if the regular Bears walk away then we are just handing them one of our boozers.

No , we don't want to give them the blue pound but what is the better option in the long run ???

Stay in the boozer and stick it up the owner when we win 55 or let them ruin a good bluenose boozer ?

I walked past last week and noticed "Under new management all welcome" on the board outside. Had me fearing the worst to be honest.

Disappointing. Was a cracking pub.

Had some crack on days and nights in there when Alan ran it now that a shettelson runs it I'll be heading to louden for beers

A real shame to see what was a good Partick bluenose pub decline in this way.
Will have no reason to return anytime soon.

It's my mate AK who had it and at the end of the day he decided to leave after nearly 4 year and I sincerely wish AK and A all the best for their wee break.
They absolutely deserve it but I'll no be back in the Tenement as long as a rabid mentally challenged is in charge.
A sad day for Partick.

Only one thing for your mate to do and thats to open a Rangers pub somewhere in the city. They might have taken over The Tenement, but thinking positively as one door closes, another will open!

Heard about this the other week O.P. and I know a few lads that go across from K.P. for a beer and were a bit concerned.

The problem is ..... if the regular Bears walk away then we are just handing them one of our boozers.

No , we don't want to give them the blue pound but what is the better option in the long run ???

Stay in the boozer and stick it up the owner when we win 55 or let them ruin a good bluenose boozer ?
Great sentiments but sadly it doesn't work that way.

Has it actually been re-leased?

I was under the impression that it had went back to Iona pub company and they had put a stodge in until its been re-leased.

If any bear fancies it it’s on there website for:-

Rent: £33,509.00
Deposit: £6,000.00
Fixtures & Fittings: £0.00
Insurance: £1,241.00

It was our regular meeting place for all home games, we will be moving elsewhere in Partick from now on.

Surely the best option is to go and give your money to a prod pub/owner?

Aye we knew it was changing hands been using it since AK took over & he turned it into a cracking pub with a great atmosphere
If this guy who's took it on thinks he can compete with the Smiddy I think he'll be disappointed,
I like Stumps but on match day it's kinda small, the Vicky might be an option again much the same problem.
Over the years there's not a pub in Partick we've not been in ( save the Dolphin) we felt settled in the Tenament, however we move on, don't know where though????

Aye we knew it was changing hands been using it since AK took over & he turned it into a cracking pub with a great atmosphere
If this guy who's took it on thinks he can compete with the Smiddy I think he'll be disappointed,
I like Stumps but on match day it's kinda small, the Vicky might be an option again much the same problem.
Over the years there's not a pub in Partick we've not been in ( save the Dolphin) we felt settled in the Tenament, however we move on, don't know where though????

Is fiddler still there ? Tiny wee pub but used to like going there . Memories on match day used to be good . The Windsor ?

Been a long time since I lived there mind you . Things change so fast these days .

Why would a Celtic fan want to run a Celtic pub in a Rangers area anyway? Baffling. Wouldn't expect us to open a Rangers pub in the Gallowgate :oops:

Why would a Celtic fan want to run a Celtic pub in a Rangers area anyway? Baffling. Wouldn't expect us to open a Rangers pub in the Gallowgate :oops:

I don't think it will find any joy being a Celtic pub. There isn't enough patronage for their pits in Partick, especially with the smiddy one door down. Back when the Dolphin was shut for a couple of years they might have decamped but I'd be very surprised if it doesn't just resort to what it was before the tenement, and even then there are too many pubs in partick for a "new" one to appear and coin it in without a USP.

Would be a real shame if it can't be brought back to the way it was. A great boozer to pop into.

Was in on friday with the missus for a few. Could just tell the new folk running it don't have a clue what they're doing. Wee woman behind the bar was dour as fook and as others have said the guy was never off his phone. Another good pub gone to shit.

Is fiddler still there ? Tiny wee pub but used to like going there . Memories on match day used to be good . The Windsor ?

Been a long time since I lived there mind you . Things change so fast these days .

Got some fond memories of Fiddlers....well moreso fiddling with a barmaid in there....:p. I digress, and yes it's still open.

Memories has long gone sadly, but The Windsor, The Rosevale, Stumps and the Victoria are all going strong. Most have changed in some ways, but still moreso Rangers than anyone else.

Got some fond memories of Fiddlers....well moreso fiddling with a barmaid in there....:p. I digress, and yes it's still open.

Memories has long gone sadly, but The Windsor, The Rosevale, Stumps and the Victoria are all going strong. Most have changed in some ways, but still moreso Rangers than anyone else.

Good to hear . Shame about memories . The states we used to get into in that place ..... :oops:

saves me asking on here if big alan was away yet, we are heading over to Partick for Saturday's game and was kind of hoping the big man was still not away yet, ach well somewhere else will get our custom on saturday then,

Was a good wee pub , went a few times before games always enjoyed it. Gutted to hear that.

I usually go to the tenement when in Patrick so I’ll move on to somewhere else now
However to be fair before the last owner it was always a mixed non-football pub (the Ettrick back in the day) so not a use them or lose them type of scenario here

I usually go to the tenement when in Patrick so I’ll move on to somewhere else now
However to be fair before the last owner it was always a mixed non-football pub (the Ettrick back in the day) so not a use them or lose them type of scenario here

I remember when it was the Criterion.

Back