Man City v Spurs not sold out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible really. 1-0 down in the Champions League quarter final Nd and cant sell their tickets

Pep calling on the fans to inspire them to victory, good luck with that
Drop the price then !
'Pep's bargain basement bugger off bonanza bin briefs'
Roll up Roll up.

City get a bad rep for their attendances and are seen as a club trying to buy success and all the rest, attracting huge criticism in the process.

They have lived in Utd’s shadow attendance wise, but City averaged 35,000 in the lower divisions which is great, they have always had a good loyal fan base, but anything above 45- 50,000 isn’t going to sell out regularly for them.

Its no surprise. City are a tinpot club.

That’s unfair mate City are a real club who have a hard core fan base of 40000 who stuck with them as the bounced about the leagues. Anything above that number is pushing it. I had a mate who was a big City fan and he said it was just a fact that they weren’t as big as Man U. They aren’t a ‘tin pot’ club they’re a decent sized team that in effect won the lottery.

I’ve nothing against Spurs but where do they get 62000 fans from? I’d imagine a lot of EPL tourists?

I've been to City's stadium on a CL night, it's not exactly an atmosphere to write home about.

I don't much care for their neighbours either but Old Trafford on an European night is pretty impressive.

City get a bad rep for their attendances and are seen as a club trying to buy success and all the rest, attracting huge criticism in the process.

They have lived in Utd’s shadow attendance wise, but City averaged 35,000 in the lower divisions which is great, they have always had a good loyal fan base, but anything above 45- 50,000 isn’t going to sell out regularly for them.

They are on bit of a hinding to nothing, they get 50k fans people will accuse their fan base of being full of half and half scarf tourists and then if they have a smaller attendance they get mocked.

What do people genuiely want?

Another reason for wanting Liverpool to win the league. I feel for the genuine hard core city fans. They have been robbed of their real club

I'm sure deep down they are distraught watching some of the best players in the world week in week out, winning trophies and they don't even have to chase around for a ticket

It must be so hard for them

Man City are an average sized club who currently have phenomenal group of players due to a rich Arab choosing to buy them.

Any other owner and Guardiola and co would be nowhere near them.

Compare that to Man Utd and Liverpool - they’re a draw because of what they are as clubs, not because of who currently owns them.

I have no axe to grind with City, this is simply what the situation is. If their owner had bought a club like Everton then they’d be enjoying similar success.

We were discussing big clubs last week.
One poster berated me for stating that City were not a big club.
They may be, at some level, but they’re not in the top division of clubs.
This is it, they are a solid EPL club in terms of stature and history but nothing above that. They always had good crowds, even in the third tier but have never had the level of support of United, Liverpool or Arsenal.

I'm sure deep down they are distraught watching some of the best players in the world week in week out, winning trophies and they don't even have to chase around for a ticket

It must be so hard for them
It's not that simple. I am sure there will be many left because it was no longer their club. How would you feel if someone came in and bought Rangers renamed the stadium, changed the whole soul of our club, you then find you are sitting next to all these tourist fans who haven't got any passion for the club. You would be welcome.to that not me. I want a proper club, a club that gets to where it is through its merits and it's loyal fan base.

Very strange the apathy they have to watching a tremendous side.

Its not apathy, the real fans go they just don't have as many as most of the big clubs.

Put Man Utd in 120,000 seater and you wouldn't fill it very often.

Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea will likely fill bigger stadiums with random tourists and casual fans due to the location catchment size but I'm sure Spurs only had 30k at a tuesday night league game in Wembely recently.

Sadly that won't happen, not when we're playing our trade in Scotland.

I know, I also think it explains some of the views on here.

I still can't see Chelsea as a big club, I'd say Arsenal are the biggest in London, followed by Spurs.

But we are 20 years beyond that argument and only one of them has one the CL / European cup.

I registered with them and got a ticket for there European game with schalke no problem they have been e mailing me asking if I want tickets for there game with spurs

apart from the obscene amounts of money handed to them they really are no bigger or better than a birmingham or a derby county for example. imagine the arabs had took a shne to us? they would have found a real club with real history and tradition.can't wait for the whole thing to crash down. which eventually it will.

They are in every cup and league home away with an average price of about £60 a game home away down to London for ridiculous semis, flights to Europe, 60 games £60 is £3,600 to follow your team I think this is very very harsh it's unaffordable to go to everything they've had an excellent 30,000-40,000 since I can remember from 20 years ago, getting an extra 20,000 and charging those prices I think is being very harsh on there fans OP

We were discussing big clubs last week.
One poster berated me for stating that City were not a big club.
They may be, at some level, but they’re not in the top division of clubs.
No, that poster was me and I 'berated' you because you said City were a small club, you obviously still can't see the difference.

Another reason for wanting Liverpool to win the league. I feel for the genuine hard core city fans. They have been robbed of their real club
That’s what happens when you want to succeed down there.

The main reason i don’t want rangers in the English leagues.

This is the champions league that UEFA want, making it more difficult for the teams with less money to qualify. Fuk em.

Not sure why them not selling out is "tinpot" - they don't have the same fanbase as Man Utd or Liverpool but they have a decent following that has stayed roughly the same for years and years, not many gloryhunting plastics like there are at the other massive clubs around them, although with continued success I am sure that will come.

Reactions: JMA
If clubs like Arsenal or Spurs had to share a two team city with Man United, their crowds would suffer big time. Even Liverpool would struggle.
All this garbage I keep reading about City being a small club usually comes from those embarrassed by the amount of glory hunting wankers filling the likes of Old Trafford and Anfield.

I think most people have summed it up best by pointing out City may have the finances, but they don't have the die hard fans to back up good attendances.

I think we as a support find it baffling because we sold our round 1 qualifiers for the Europa league, and every game that followed.

We took double the number of fans to Manchester, than City can currently manage for a home Champions league quarter final.

If Rangers ever find themselves again in the knockout stages of the champions league, tickets will be gold dust.

Man City have never been a massive club.

They’ve always been a decent sized club with a loyal 25-30,000.

City have always been one of the biggest clubs in England and have attracted crowds in the past that Liverpool have never come close to matching.
If they have such a small support, it’s a bit strange that there are plans to expand the Etihad capacity to 60,000.
Most people are having a go at them because they don’t attract the tourists and glory hunters. I would have thought that would be something to be proud of.

City have always been one of the biggest clubs in England and have attracted crowds in the past that Liverpool have never come close to matching.
If they have such a small support, it’s a bit strange that there are plans to expand the Etihad capacity to 60,000.
Most people are having a go at them because they don’t attract the tourists and glory hunters. I would have thought that would be something to be proud of.
I'm with you on this one mate, but it must be said that they do attract a lot of tourists.

Its no surprise. City are a tinpot club.
Crazy talk. 30,000-40,000 folk used to fill Main road in the third teir.

We all feel sorry for Leeds, Coventry etc.
Nearly losing their club.
What aout folk who had their club taken away from the area they lived in and got priced out?

Tinpot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back