Dorrans being let go?

I’ve been told he has another tear in his knee. A separate one from the issue that has been keeping him out. This was a month or so ago.

Sadly I think his career is over.

That wouldn't be good. A player once fit that would be a very good player to have in the team. If he's retiring then fair enough, perhaps the injuries have been too much. However, if he's getting back to fitness letting him go would be a poor decision.

If he’s another tear he is done.

I hope he is able to go with the best wishes of everyone. Regardless of what his time with us has been like, he is one of us.

As someone said earlier in the thread you could see what he could do against Villarreal. I’m gutted it hasn’t worked out, but you could see the few times he has scored it’s meant the fucking world to him

Gutted the way things have panned out for him with us. Started off really promising aswell.

His legs were gone when we signed him.

It's a shame.

I hope Jamie Murphy is not going to be plagued with ongoing injury issues for the remainder of his career either.

He’s 31.

If any good can come out of this, it must be a warning to footballing Rangers fans that you can’t always rely on playing for your boyhood heroes in your twilight years.

Dorrans must be wishing he came sooner.
Said it before, this league will eat you alive if your legs have gone.

Seen it happen to better and worse players than Dorrans.

He’s one of the highest paid players at the club so we can’t afford paying such a wage to guys who can’t contribute.

His legs were gone when we signed him.

It's a shame.

I hope Jamie Murphy is not going to be plagued with ongoing injury issues for the remainder of his career either.

His legs hadn't gone when we signed him mate.

Probably the biggest myth in professional sport is that your legs go as soon as you hit 30.

The simple fact was he never got a proper pre season in when he signed and was always playing catch up.

No matter the sport, if you don't build an aerobic base before you start playing/competing, then it's always a tough gig.

Gutted for him.

He's been so unlucky with injuries.

Seems a dedicated pro too.

Seems to be a great guy.

Real shame.

Been a crap signing for us in terms of value, but he looked good when fit early on. Would have been good as a deep play maker or a 10.

We fucked it by playing him as an 8. His legs were gone.

What a goal at Partick.

Best of luck.

Shame for the lad, got his dream move but unfortunately injuries have go the better of him. Wish him nothing but the best wherever he goes or whatever he ends up doing.

If true I wish him all the best. He has been very unlucky since he joined us. As said previously the no action was taken against the guy who injured him,that pretty much sums up Scottish football. Dorrans is a big Rangers supporter and will be hurting. If he has cancelled his contract by agreement he might have saved us a fair amount of money and that should always be remembered.

Not sure if the rumours are true or not but it still angers me that the challenge which caused his woes didn't even get a yellow never mind the straight red it should have.
But Power isn't that sort of player (© Scottish Media).

0_Kilmarnock-v-Rangers-William-Hill-Scottish-Cup-Fifth-Round-Rugby-Park.jpg

Just so we can put all this "his legs had gone" pish to bed.

Linford Christie won the Olympic 100 metres (the ultimate test of speed) in his 30s.

Mo Farah won the 5000 mtrs and 10000 mtrs (huge endurance and speed required) also in his 30s.

If you train and live properly, neither pace or endurance is mysteriously lost when you turn 30.

If you don't train properly, or try to play or compete before being fully fit, then you'll struggle at elite level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linford Christie won the Olympic 100 metres (the ultimate test of speed) in his 30s.

Mo Farah won the 5000 metre and 10000 mtrs (huge endurance and speed required) also in his 30s.

If you train and live properly, neither pace or endurance is mysteriously lost when you turn 30.

If you don't train properly, or try to play or compete before being fully fit, then you'll struggle at elite level.
You only have to look at Kenny Miller. He’s still sharp as a tack and is what 36,37 years of age.

Probably the biggest myth in professional sport is that your legs go as soon as you hit 30.

The simple fact was he never got a proper pre season in when he signed and was always playing catch up.

No matter the sport, if you don't build an aerobic base before you start playing/competing, then it's always a tough gig.

Gutted for him.

You may be right and it was a lack of sharpness/pre season rather than his legs were gone.

It probably didn't help that loonball Pedro played him in a 4-4-2 where we were regularly outnumbered in the middle of the park but I thought Dorrans (excellent debut at Fir Park apart) struggled to cover the ground required for the box to box role he was being asked to play.

I know its a fans' board, but personally I find it a bit disrespectful to the guy to be discussing rumours like this. Fair enough if / when it's been announced.

You may be right and it was a lack of sharpness/pre season rather than his legs were gone.

It probably didn't help that loonball Pedro played him in a 4-4-2 where we were regularly outnumbered in the middle of the park but I thought Dorrans (excellent debut at Fir Park apart) struggled to cover the ground required for the box to box role he was being asked to play.

You're right mate he did struggle

He struggled because, as I said earlier he didn't get a proper pre season in.

If you remember, he then got rushed back from injury too quickly because of injuries to Jack and McCrorie, plus the dreadful form of Docherty.

He's been very unlucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news if true, played some great games for us in the early Pedro days and I'm sure a fully fit Graham Dorrans would've been a success in a Gerrard team.

Despite the negativity shown to him on here it will be difficult to find a player as good as him to replace him.

Said it before, this league will eat you alive if your legs have gone.

Seen it happen to better and worse players than Dorrans.

He’s one of the highest paid players at the club so we can’t afford paying such a wage to guys who can’t contribute.
Absolutely. Falls into the Kranjcar bracket for me, all of the ability in the world but injury prone...and sadly each successive injury takes another bit of pace/mobility away which is crucial for a midfielder in this league. Hope the rumours aren't true but if so then I can understand how he's came to that decision.

Mo Farah won the 5000 metre and 10000 mtrs (huge endurance and speed required) also in his 30s.

I agree with what you're saying mate but what you also have to bear in mind is that everyone's different physiologically. Just look at how fit and fast the likes of Candeias is who is 31 and compare to many other players that age. As you say, key seems to be staying injury free which in turn let's you maintain a high level of base fitness. If you're constantly breaking down with injuries then you'll end up with a mountain to climb to get back up to speed.

Despite the negativity shown to him on here it will be difficult to find a player as good as him to replace him.

Haven't seen much negativity towards him on here if I'm being honest - frustration with his injuries & the odd idiot but the majority can see what he could bring to our midfield.

Real shame if he can't continue playing.

I know this is a football forum where rumours etc are the lifeblood but I really wish threads like these would be chopped.

Talking about a guys career and health like hes a horse that's about to be put down. Until we've heard something more concrete either in the press or from the gaffer I would rather just let the situation play out.

I think it's best for all parties if he is sold or let go. Injuries aside he wasn't good enough when fit so for me if the rumours are true then I wish him all the best.

It’s a shame for the player as you can see what it meant to him playing for the Rangers and scoring too

Pity if this rumour is true but as posters have said that prick Power really needs a sore one after dishing out some really bad challenges and he needs put in his place

Flanagan is just the man and I hope he does Power or that other prick Dicker

Gutted for him.

He was coming onto a game as well before Power done him at Ibrox. Rushed back after that and picked up the next injury in a collision with Shinnie I think it was?

Sad if true to see his Rangers career end like that through injury.

I know this is a football forum where rumours etc are the lifeblood but I really wish threads like these would be chopped.

Talking about a guys career and health like hes a horse that's about to be put down. Until we've heard something more concrete either in the press or from the gaffer I would rather just let the situation play out.

Nah he's not dying mate.

I think this is a valid thing to speculate about. There's been thousands of threads speculating on Jordan Rossiter's injuries and how it will impact his career.

As long as it's respectful and not nasty (which it isn't) it's a fair discussion. He seems a good guy and i'm sure we all hope this is incorrect. The signs don't look good in fairness.

Back