Next seasons centre forward

Mitch11

If morelos leaves us. I would like to see Middleton get a shot at played in the centre. He has pace to worry teams he is skillfull and as he showed in the reserves he is a good finisher. We could have a replacement already in the club who could be a top player for us for years to come.

Middleton could be the 4th striker to be fair.

You're probably talking 2 strikers coming in with Morelos and Lafferty moving. A decision has to be made regarding Hardie. Rudden I think will go on loan again, but probably somewhere like Livingston.

Lafferty will be offloaded and Morelos will get his move, so we need 2 centre forwards.

Defoe is number 1 for the position right now, but that might change depending who the 2 new guys are.

We need a new striker, Middleton while having done well with the reserves, has not shown nearly enough to merit, a regular first team start, he's s young and hopefully he will progress,

Middleton is still too raw and young to be expected to lead the line and Defoe will be 37 next season no way on earth he'll be able to play 3 high intensity games per week for 4 months solid if we make the EL group stages.

We need a minimum of 2 new centre forwards of decent quality to come close to winning the league next season if Morelos goes.

I hope we'll get a Koljic type signing to replace Morelos and fight with Defoe for the striker slot.
If Rudden's not ready to be third choice someone else to replace Lafferty,although It would be great if the staff think he's ready for a shot.

I hope no-one is actually serious about Danny Welbeck.Wages to many seriously bad injury ratio is off the chart.

No chance is Morelos leaving.

He’ll go for big money next season.

But I don’t need see anyone bidding £10/15 mill this season. No chance.

I would get rid of lafferty and keep Hardie as third striker behind Defoe and new striker. The last piece would be a good number ten.

If morelos leaves us. I would like to see Middleton get a shot at played in the centre. He has pace to worry teams he is skillfull and as he showed in the reserves he is a good finisher. We could have a replacement already in the club who could be a top player for us for years to come.

Big big big season ahead

No experiments please.

Throwing a youngster oot of position uptop and ask him to win us the league is crazy talk.

Defoe has the experience to do that job its all about whats behind defoe imo

He’s a winger mate, we need a deadly striker in there

Defoe is a proven goalscorer at the top level.

Middleton has done very well leading the line in a couple of reserve games.

He's got a fair bit to go before he's at Defoe's level mate.

Defoe,with a fit Murphy or Middleton floating
just behind. Murphy should never play on plastic again though.

While he is by no means ready to be our main striker, Hardie could be used from the bench. His performance at Livingston suggests that he could be an improvement on Lafferty. Middleton, is young enough to develop and improve and in time, could well be an asset. However, it won’t be easy replacing Morelos and as sometimes happens, it’s only when someone leaves that you realise how important they were.

Mbwana Samatta at KRC Genk in the Belgian league looks a decent player. The type of striker I would like to see if Morelos is sold.

excuse the poor quality of video :))

Last edited:
Two strikers will be needed

A big powerful mobile all round striker would be ideal. Someone who can guarantee a return of 25-30 goals a season.

And a mobile target man who can make a direct impact as a starter or off the bench and contribute at least 15 plus goals a season.

Add in Defoe that will do for me.

God help us if it’s Defoe.

He’s going to get slower and less effective with each season and in a certain kind of game I don’t quite think he offers enough outside of the box. Add to the fact I can’t see him lasting 38 games.

Would be delighted to have him supplement our attack, but if he’s the main man most of you are in for a rude awakening.

We need to get this right.
Time for experimentation is over.
We require experienced players to come in if Morelos and lafferty leave.

Mbwana Samatta at KRC Genk in the Belgian league looks a decent player. The type of striker I would like to see if Morelos is sold.

excuse the poor quality of video :))

He will be going for £10-15m in the summer

Lafferty will be offloaded and Morelos will get his move, so we need 2 centre forwards.

Defoe is number 1 for the position right now, but that might change depending who the 2 new guys are.
Big laff.will go back to the jambos, as he seemed to be happy when he was there.
And they helped him when he was having personal problems.Only a thought.?

Defoe at his age can not be our number 1 week in week out.

If Alfie goes then I fully expect 5-8 million on a decent replacement

Would be a good guy to have in the box for Tav and Bornas crosses hes a giant
Yeah he looks so good in the air but his hold up play looks quite good as well as does his finishing with his feet. Tge polish lad buksa we've scouted looks good as well

Back