How much has new oasis assets ltd put into rangers?

Alistair1980

How much has Dave kings new oasis asset Ltd already put into the club? and will they put more money into fund transfers this season or will a share offer go ahead and will they use that to fund a substantial transfer fund compared to last year?

How much has Dave kings new oasis asset Ltd already put into the club? and will they put more money into fund transfers this season or will a share offer go ahead and will they use that to fund a substantial transfer fund compared to last year?

Without spending a while tallying up, based on what it was at last summer plus funds for short fall to year end. Around £15M with half of it converted for shares already.

I honestly think Stevie will get whatever he wants in the summer, 20m war chest without any exits of our assets isn't unrealistic IMO.
King and the board need to dig fuking deep and they know it every bit as much as every single member of FF.
4/5 quality players required and for me that changes everything.
Docherty and Rossiter hopefully come back better players.
Few loans hopefully Ryan one of them.
About 4 will come in free with just wages to pay.
Also our academy players ain't far away from at least training with the first team and possibly the bench.
I can't wait till next season gets going, big big summer to come.

The Club has to get to a stage where it is self sustaining.We need to attract investment through marketing and through player development and sales..Dave King comes from humble beginnings and he has made money by his own endeavours.To keep asking him to "dig deep" is unfair and won't work in the long run.He will get to a stage where he has invested all he is willing to.What happens then?
Much as it pains me to say it we could learn from the dark side about how to build up the Club finances.

£8.20 in gingies.
dont get cash for ginges now lol
I honestly think Stevie will get whatever he wants in the summer, 20m war chest without any exits of our assets isn't unrealistic IMO.
King and the board need to dig fuking deep and they know it every bit as much as every single member of FF.
Also our academy players ain't far away from at least training with the first team and possibly the bench.
why i asked about the share that got passed at agm last year hopefully that money will be made available and they stave off converting till the next one

Last edited:
The Club has to get to a stage where it is self sustaining.We need to attract investment through marketing and through player development and sales..Dave King comes from humble beginnings and he has made money by his own endeavours.To keep asking him to "dig deep" is unfair and won't work in the long run.He will get to a stage where he has invested all he is willing to.What happens then?
Much as it pains me to say it we could learn from the dark side about how to build up the Club finances.
the marketing side of the club has been unproductive for years now and that a key area that steps have been taking to sort out also the retail deal as well and hopefully it will be fully functional in the next few years, i am hoping they can push that wee bit extra into the transfer budget so we can kick on next season

An incredible commitment, particularly when you consider how much the man lost during Murray’s tenure.

The good old days, when £20m seemed like, and was, an enormous amount. Now, in the age of QE, we seem de-sensitised from the magnitude of it all. I do anyway. God knows what the old boy in your avatar would think.

Their cash is all down to CL money. We were robbed and starved of real income for over 4 years.
DK and the board are trying to rebuild. An open share issue should see us raise serious cash if supporters believe in it.

Their cash is all down to CL money. We were robbed and starved of real income for over 4 years.
DK and the board are trying to rebuild. An open share issue should see us raise serious cash if supporters believe in it.
An open issue would raise 20m plus think that will be the next step summer 2022 I think this will happen and gives three summer's to convert the outstanding soft loans to shares

The good old days, when £20m seemed like, and was, an enormous amount. Now, in the age of QE, we seem de-sensitised from the magnitude of it all. I do anyway. God knows what the old boy in your avatar would think.
It's the same when talking about contracts now "we can only afford to pay our top earners £30,000 a week now" while at your work sees you earning £16,000 a year large TV contracts that get handed out thats done that

UCL or Europa League money can only be treated as a bonus,you can't build a business model on it as getting into the group stages is a gamble.Building the business side should be done through marketing and sponsorship,ideally 5 year contracts.If we can achieve that and keep the ST uptake high alongside player sales we will have a better chance of success.Marketing is crucial in the longer term.

The share issue took place in August 2018 and the shares were allotted as below.

Barry Scott 8,645,000
John Bennett 5,250,000
Andrew Ross 2,500,000
Club 1872 Shares CIC 5,000,000
Borita Investments Limited 7,500,000
New Trace Limited 7,500,000
Andrew Hawkyard 2,500,000
Neil Hosie 1,500,000
Paul Redbourn 1,250,000
New Oasis Asset Limited 9,199,089
Douglas Park 3,875,094
George Letham 2,557,186
George Taylor 5,870,768

It is reasonable to infer that those who had outstanding loans "paid" for their shares as a conversion to equity.

Further to my previous message, it has actually been confirmed that the majority of the issue was converted loans rather than new money.

"This period also includes an issue of £12.6m of ordinary shares, which raised £1.5m in cash and converted £11.1m of interest-free loans to equity. "

Without spending a while tallying up, based on what it was at last summer plus funds for short fall to year end. Around £15M with half of it converted for shares already.

Are you sure.

Bearing in mind that any shares New Oasis bought outwith a share issue the money goes to the seller. So what they put in was any loans they provided, which were subsequently converted in part in August last year.

At June 2018 the outstanding loans (for New Oasis) were about £8.5m. It would be those loans which were converted. How much have they provided subsequent to June 2018. My guess, and it is a guess, would be more like the figure Mark suggests i.e. c£3.5m making the total £12m rather than £15m.

Are you sure.

Bearing in mind that any shares New Oasis bought outwith a share issue the money goes to the seller. So what they put in was any loans they provided, which were subsequently converted in part in August last year.

At June 2018 the outstanding loans (for New Oasis) were about £8.5m. It would be those loans which were converted. How much have they provided subsequent to June 2018. My guess, and it is a guess, would be more like the figure Mark suggests i.e. c£3.5m making the total £12m rather than £15m.

May well be I have lost track of who has put up what, one things for sure King and Others have put up the money when required and tried to be responsible about how much as they try to fix the business.

Last edited:
Ma

May well be I have lost track of who has put up what, one things for sure King and Others have put up the money when required and tried to be responsible about how much as they try to fix the business.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure everyone realises just what they have in order to keep the club afloat, when no other sources of funds were available.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure everyone realises just what they have in order to keep the club afloat, when no other sources of funds were available.

remember they laughed when he said that he/others would need to put £30m in they have done well with that and barring a few first team decisions that has cost us, the shareholders deserve praise,and now the steps have been taking to sort out the marketing side we will see the results and rewards of that in the coming seasons

This isn’t the Murray 9IAR days and the club can only spend what is available. Remember that wages need to be factored into transfers as well.

This isn’t the Murray 9IAR days and the club can only spend what is available. Remember that wages need to be factored into transfers as well.

Exactly.

The days of unlimited borrowing via Bank of Scotland and getting debts up to £80m or whatever are gone.

I think people need to realise that if you don't have cash reserves you can only spend what you are able to borrow. You can't actually go into debt unless someone is willing to provide you with the money in the first place.

People who say things like "Dave King needs to provide £20m" have to realise that a, he needs to provide it himself or borrow it from somewhere and b, it's a loan, not a gift.

The other options to raise money are sale of assets or share issues.

I would like to know why this question is being asked I believe the Board would indicate through a shares issue if much extra funds were required. This is the type of question that most of the time the sniff, sniff brigade would ask, never about where some of their dodgy funds come from.

I would like to know why this question is being asked I believe the Board would indicate through a shares issue if much extra funds were required. This is the type of question that most of the time the sniff, sniff brigade would ask, never about where some of their dodgy funds come from.[/QUOTE just asking a question I'm far from being one of them think you been on the sniff sniff this fine morning sir

The club is at crucial stage in having juxtapose as it were a few things at the same time whilst being competitive for a title winning campaign and European qualification campaign, not easy. In some ways the potential to be "self sustaining" developing right in front of our eyes. The thing that gives me optimism is the obvious potential the club has to grow where it is now, but aswell as that I still hold onto a hope that, in the long term, the broader football landscape will be kinder to clubs like ours than it has been for near on two decades, and I think there is a very real possibility of that happening; tv deals etc won't be, I think, as simple and straightforward in years to come and possibly that will have implications for huge clubs like ours. What has been proved, both significantly and particularly over the last seven years, is that this club's greatest asset is its fans; this makes any possibilities in its potential possibly significant for what may lie ahead.

Last edited:
Regardless of the actual figure invested by NOAL we would be nowhere without it.

This incessant desire to quantify individual investments is baffling

question is Alistair how much are you putting in on top of shares and season ticket money

Think people have to remember that we made a profit on our annual accounts recently although we may be at a slight loss at the end of the season that doesn't include any kit or merchandise sales as that will be on elites account we are pretty stable in all honesty if cash is needed for transfers then those high earners not playing that are suspected of being offloaded like Herrera and Dorrans will free wages up for new players and the season ticket money will be used as a transfer kitty + any sales we make like Morelos

question is Alistair how much are you putting in on top of shares and season ticket money
Strips and other merch pools and club 1872 every month so about £1200 A year plus subscription to sky n bt that will see us getting a cut of at the end of season

Strips and other merch pools and club 1872 every month so about £1200 A year plus subscription to sky n bt that will see us getting a cut of at the end of season
i would rather put 50 quid on a season ticket and tell sky to bolt for all we get off them. two grand a year sounds about right i would say was the average bill following the team when you add in away days for those that still do them

i would rather put 50 quid on a season ticket and tell sky to bolt for all we get off them. two grand a year sounds about right i would say was the average bill following the team when you add in away days for those that still do them

argee with the sky and BT stuff that deal that was signed has to be the one of worst TV deals in football

Think people have to remember that we made a profit on our annual accounts recently although we may be at a slight loss at the end of the season that doesn't include any kit or merchandise sales as that will be on elites account we are pretty stable in all honesty if cash is needed for transfers then those high earners not playing that are suspected of being offloaded like Herrera and Dorrans will free wages up for new players and the season ticket money will be used as a transfer kitty + any sales we make like Morelos

do we not get a payment from hummel for £3.8m? and i agree reckon 12 will leave at least free up around £80,000 £100,000 a week in wages

I think you mean the interim accounts. The annual accounts showed a loss of £14m.

The interim's also predicted a possible break even figure but that was before allowing for interest depreciation and amortisation.

I think people need to start accepting reality. There is still a long way to go financially.

The new Directors are here for a reason mind!!

We’re almost debt free but we’re not cash rich.the only assets we can sell are players. The only free cash we can generate is through a share issue or more loans for equity. We will never have the chance to spend big on transfers unless the we borrow cash. That’s not on, the current stewardship is not borrowing and will not leave a legacy of debt.

Back