Flannigan time to extend his contract?

He's a backup full back for me, nothing more. Decent player but wouldn't be a big loss if he moved on in the summer.

He was the worst player in the world a few weeks ago. I’m not having a go at you personally OP, but a thread like this appearing now encapsulates the absolutely mental bipolar nature of this place.

I always thought he was a decent player defensively, he just went into a slump and was never allowed to recover.
Spot on mate best to see how he gets on over a longer period of time first before we talk contract extentions

Bone crunching tackler, adds a bit of aggression to us.
Rangers full backs need a wee bit more to their game than just being hard and solid.

We tend to dominate possession and territory in near enough every game and thus a FB needs far more to their game than what Flanagan has shown so far, Tav being an example of the creativity and forward play we’d be looking for

Rangers full backs need a wee bit more to their game than just being hard and solid.

We tend to dominate possession and territory in near enough every game and thus a FB needs far more to their game than what Flanagan has shown so far, Tav being an example of the creativity and forward play we’d be looking for
Do we need two of these?
imho, a defensive full back on one side is ideal when the other side is attacking.

Conversely, a couple of bad games doesn’t make you the unadulterated failure this Madhouse would have you believe he was.

His overall contribution till now hasnt warrented a new contract as yet imo, hes doing well now though and looks better too,he needs consistency now

I wouldn’t go rushing into anything, but the last few weeks have certainly shown us the player we thought we were getting back when he signed. Looks in better shape and has a bit more confidence.

He was the worst player in the world a few weeks ago. I’m not having a go at you personally OP, but a thread like this appearing now encapsulates the absolutely mental bipolar nature of this place.

I always thought he was a decent player defensively, he just went into a slump and was never allowed to recover.
Spot on- opinion is usually pretty binary on here.

I think he looks like he is knuckling down, and currently the best option for us at LB.
He got absolutely roasted a few times earlier in the season though.

Overall, he had a good game today and injects a toughness that we sometimes lack at the back. When you watch their goal back again he was ball watching and probably cost us this goal.

We’ve had too many score draws against the better sides in this league. We need to be stronger defensively too.

I agree with your original point although he was awful and had critism on merit.

I'm sure the fans will be pleased to see a turnaround in his performances.

What the F. With this guy. He has looked so good over the last three matches but why now lets be honest. To little to late in my opinion. When it mattered he was skinned by GMF

I'd have him over barasic any day. A lot of people have false hope for Barasic. For me hes flattered to deceive and will never have the mentality to play for us.

You either come in and embrace the club and its standards and prove your worth on the park or its game over. Barasic is a million miles away.

He has come back to form recently, but I’m not happy having a full back with such lack of pace.
I’d rather look elsewhere tbh.

The last couple of games he has added a bit offensively to his game which is great so see. Defensively he has always been generally sound.

Back