Daniel Candeias - what do we do with him?

Cracking wee player imo

Certain games suit him and moving forward he should maybe only start 50 % of games next season.

If he could find a level of consistency he wouldn't be plying his trade in the SPFL.

He's superb when he is on fire and then so frigging frustrating in the next game when he goes full on Maddie McCann...

Find it laughable when people say the likes of a Shinnie, Stewart or Hastie would be good squad players yet label Candeias not good enough and needs moved on.

Better than all of the above, done it in matches against the bheggars, though away games and in Europe.

I'd replace him in the first team with a better player but he's more than good enough to contribute 25/30 games a season. His replacement will have to hit the ground running and there will be pressure on him as Gerrard knows what Candeias can do.

The assist stat is a load of bollocks and doesn't do Candeias any favours. He could track back and win the ball, play a one-two, beat a man, round the keeper and square it to a team mate who blasts it off a defender or sclaffs it wide. His delivery can be poor at times but there are also times where his balls are fantastic and no one reads them or gambles.
FFS, I thought I was one who thought of him like this.
Especially the comparison with the “potential signings”.

He's exactly what we should expect from a squad player. Reliable, will come in and do a job, but we need better to be a regular starter. Would definitely keep him around though.

Can’t really believe what I’m reading in this thread. He did set up two goals today didn’t he? Or am I imagining that?

I know he has off games, but the positives he brings to the team far outweigh the negatives. Wingers are inconsistent by nature, and it’s not like he will be on a huge wage.

Tav and Candeias are 1st and 2nd in the assist table this season yet plenty of posters still thinking “we need better”. Can’t quite work that out tbh.

Dani is a real enigma, you love him on occasions like this but then other games he struggles to do some of the basics. His work rate is undeniable, he plays for the badge. Personally id like to see him as part of the squad next season.
 :( reading the comments, he's got quite a few haters.

I love Candeias, he’s like a 2019 version of Novo. Always gives 100% and loves the club.

On top of that, he’s one of our most dangerous players. Today is a fine example, two fantastic assists. He’s probably the only player at our club who could deliver that cross for Katic.

However, on other days he appears to be our weakest link. I fully expect him to be dropped next week for Kent. His performance at Parkhead was dreadful and it was his original mistake that cost us the first goal.

One minute I want him replaced by a new signing, next he’s the first name down for a starting position.

What you need to consider with candieas is he's always absolutely brilliant off the ball. His hark work and running about is opening gaps for the attack and also helping the team out. Even when he's having a nightmare on the ball, he is always doing more for the team than some would notice

Will be a great rotation option next season. I definitely want to keep him but don't expect him to be a starter unless a bit of competition helps him become more consistent. On his day he's unplayable sometimes it's just ashame we don't see it often enough

I love Candeias, he’s like a 2019 version of Novo. Always gives 100% and loves the club.

On top of that, he’s one of our most dangerous players. Today is a fine example, two fantastic assists. He’s probably the only player at our club who could deliver that cross for Katic.

However, on other days he appears to be our weakest link. I fully expect him to be dropped next week for Kent. His performance at Parkhead was dreadful and it was his original mistake that cost us the first goal.

One minute I want him replaced by a new signing, next he’s the first name down for a starting position.
Think your taking it a bit far by saying he’s the only one who could deliver that ball in for Katic today.i love his effort and desire which more often than not gets him pass marks but as a wide player his crossing in general is fekin awful

I've been criticising him a bit recently but he had a great game today imo.

We do need better quality on the right but what he brings in work rate etc. is valuable as a squad player.

If he could find a level of consistency he wouldn't be plying his trade in the SPFL.

He's superb when he is on fire and then so frigging frustrating in the next game when he goes full on Maddie McCann...
Oft..toooooo far mate

Good player for us who will set up goals and also score. He has pace and ability and plays for the jersey. Who will we sign who will be better ...nobody for the cash we have to spend.
Has to track back too often to help Tav who is not a great defence player and at times finds this difficult.
Doubt Grezda is good enough to replace him but time will tell.
Most of our players have had bad games this season and I see no reason to pick on Candy

I think he's a good player to have around the squad. You cannot deny his work effort. You also cannot deny he has pitched in with some great contributions - it would be shit to deny his efforts.

However, as a winger he will drift in and out of games. That said our team seems to function better without wingers and that is a way forward I'd be happy with.

Keep him but not as a starter every game.

When he plays well we win he is essentially a winger so isin and out how do his stats or assists andgoabls compre to Kents? some on here want us to pay £6m for Kent. I like Kent and yet his stats not as good as Candeias. Good squad player for me better than any we have been linked with

Arfield wasn’t impressed by him before he signed for the club. Thought he was a guy who just ran about a lot and contributed little.

He loves him now and thinks he’s great to have in your team.

That epitomises the guy for me. A real team player. Always chasing and putting people under pressure. Sure, his final ball is suspect at times but if it wasn’t, he’d be nowhere near Rangers in all honesty.

His ball in for Katic today was a thing of beauty. If De Bruyne has done that for City, folk would be wanking over it on social media for days.

one thing i would say is you don't know what you have until its gone!
Yes. Candeias is one of those players who blows hot and cold, won't reach international level as proved but has great awareness about him when it all clicks. He's brilliant some days, sharp as a tack (like today)and shockingly annoying when it doesn't come off for him. Above average footballer which is no bad thing at all.

Tits about the balance of the team at moment it’s working. Again him and move two different types of players.

Best crosser of a ball we have had since Tommy McLean.
tee-hee.gif

Back