Eros Grezda

Let's not sugar coat things. He is utterly diabolical and has been a disgrace of a signing

Signed on the basis he is bornas mate it seems

No he hasn't. Anyone claiming that is beyond reactionary.

And if we're talking levels, bringing up driving offences which half our squad have as any sort of measure is ridiculous.

But I point out his starts purely to go against the "He's pure pish" comments. If he was half that bad we wouldn't be picking up those points.

Of his 7 starts - he played well against Motherwell, and decent away to Hearts and Hibs. Everyone played poorly against Hamilton and Dundee. He struggled away to St Mirren and St Johnstone.

Nowhere near enough time to judge him fully yet.

He's played 13 games for us. A scout would probably only watch a player 3 or 4 times before recommending him to the club or ruling him out.

13 games is more than enough to have a look at a player and judge accordingly.

The lack of preseason is majorly overplayed. He got injured in May and was back in training round about the time we played Osijek or not long after that.

Comes injured, gets injured again, written off. Thread after thread on here about him. If the gaffer thinks he doesn't have the temperament for the Scottish game he will be away. If the gaffer thinks a good pre season under his belt will be like the proverbial new signing, then he wont.
I think he deserves pre season at least.

His social media accounts are photos of him posing like a high school lassie next to his flashy cars.

Well social media posts of someone's dick didn't stop a first team appearance for a certain player on Saturday so I don't think that is a concern.

He was bought injured and has been in and out with injuries all season. He's not had the best of luck to show us what he is capable of. Any game time he has had recently has been getting put on when we are seeing out a game.

He has a lot to prove but I wouldn't write him off yet.

What did we really expect? Signing players from Osijek? Hardly going to come here all guns blazing and in the same sentence good enough?

We played that mob twice. Borna had two good games. I hope we scouted them before hand to justify their signings

What’s the point of this thread?, to demand all future signings are good drivers?, or that they don’t annoy fans by using social media?.

If Grezda does have an attitude problem, he will not last much longer at Ibrox but as yet that’s not been confirmed by the only person whose opinion matters, the manager’s.

He is fucken howling.

This idea you have to have see a player 20 odd times to known how good they are is daft.

Gerrard says he can tell after a handful of training sessions.

So far Grezda has looked garbage and the manager clearly doesn't fancy him.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if we lost Grezda and Barišić in the summer. Osijek is about their level for ability and mentality.

He's really not been anywhere near as bad as being made out on here, hasn't set the heather alight but hasn't been "diabolical" either.

Usual FF drama queens.

That's one of my biggest gripes on here, some of the words used to describe Barisic and Grezda have been disgusting when you consider some of the players we've had in the last 8 years.

It's like posters like outdoing each other with how hyperbole they can get

No he hasn't. Anyone claiming that is beyond reactionary.

And if we're talking levels, bringing up driving offences which half our squad have as any sort of measure is ridiculous.

But I point out his starts purely to go against the "He's pure pish" comments. If he was half that bad we wouldn't be picking up those points.

Of his 7 starts - he played well against Motherwell, and decent away to Hearts and Hibs. Everyone played poorly against Hamilton and Dundee. He struggled away to St Mirren and St Johnstone.

Nowhere near enough time to judge him fully yet.
How does that work? A poor player must cost us points to be a poor player? Drivel.

That's one of my biggest gripes on here, some of the words used to describe Barisic and Grezda have been disgusting when you consider some of the players we've had in the last 8 years.

It's like posters like outdoing each other with how hyperbole they can get

The last 8 years are judged in their own context - Grezda not being Fran Sandaza means %^*& all to anyone

He cost serious money for us just now - a player costing 1 million plus in Scotland is being signed to shift the needle now

I think people have misjudged where the club is if they think we are spending 1 million a year on players to settle - he’s been dross

Last edited:
Does this really justify racking up 12 points in 6 months. What he’s done is totally moronic, no debate.
That's just UR opinion.
Doubt there's as many traffic police where he's from, or the car he has now.
And he's now driving on the wrong side of the road.

The last 8 years are judged in their own context - Grezda not being Fran Sandaza means %^*& all to anyone

He cost serious money for us just now - a player costing 1 million plus in Scotland is being signed to shift the needle now

I think people have misjudged where the club is if they think we are spending 1 million a year on players to to settle - he’s been dross

His season has been blighted by injuries, it's been a stop start season for him. If he can't stay fit next season then I would say we should be getting rid of him,

I've seen him and Barisic being called all sorts of stuff on here including "sh*tebag", "coward" etc, stuff like that coming from people who watched actual players hide when it got tough in the recent years is madness.

Should he have provided more this season, of course he should, but once you've been injured for a long time, it takes just as long to get back up to the standard of fitness similar to the rest of the team.

The irony is Flanagan has actually contributed more than Barisic probably

There are just these narratives often spun on FF that come from nowhere to become established facts.

The latest is that John Flanagan is our best left back. 3 games ago no one would have considered renewing his contract. He's had a solid, decent run, although again not quite as collosal as the narrative on here would have you believe.

I'm glad if players come in and give us more options, but he was in exile for months for no other reason than he looked crap in most games.

A title winning Rangers team isn't going to have John Flanagan as a first choice left back. The whole Barisic thing is a different argument altogether.

Reactions: MSF
Get the feeling he is one of those players that gets a big money contract then his work is done, the Albanian Harry Forrester

There are just these narratives often spun on FF that come from nowhere to become established facts.

The latest is that John Flanagan is our best left back. 3 games ago no one would have considered renewing his contract. He's had a solid, decent run, although again not quite as collosal as the narrative on here would have you believe.

I'm glad if players come in and give us more options, but he was in exile for months for no other reason than he looked crap in most games.

A title winning Rangers team isn't going to have John Flanagan as a first choice left back. The whole Barisic thing is a different argument altogether.

I don’t follow narratives just what I see with my eyes.

Flanagan has done some good things for us. Those things were done at the start of the season and more recently.

For a period of time he was woeful.

But he has clear attributes that show why he can be effective in a league like ours.

As for him being in a title winning team? Yahoos have played Lustig this season. We don’t need world beaters at full back. If Flanagan can stay in form then he can be sufficient for LB.

I don’t follow narratives just what I see with my eyes.

Flanagan has done some good things for us. Those things were done at the start of the season and more recently.

For a period of time he was woeful.

But he has clear attributes that show why he can be effective in a league like ours.

As for him being in a title winning team? Yahoos have played Lustig this season. We don’t need world beaters at full back. If Flanagan can stay in form then he can be sufficient for LB.

We already have a better player, a Croatian internationalist in that position, albeit one who has flattered to deceive.

Although, as is the want of many Rangers fans, we've already written him off.

A signing I was genuinely excited about. By the looks of it he feels he has arrived, taken his foot of the pedal big time.

He will remember of the days he turned out for us when playing in the Albanian second division.

How does that work? A poor player must cost us points to be a poor player? Drivel.

No. Only that it's not like we've been playing with 10 men when he's played. Some of the stuff you read on this thread would make you think he was no better than an amateur footballer.

People have made their minds up. Fair enough. I think that's utter lunacy, and has been shown to be so either way hundreds of times at Rangers.

The guy looks like he has never seen a football at times.

There is absolutely ZERO chance he is making it at Rangers.

I think people have misjudged where the club is if they think we are spending 1 million a year on players to settle - he’s been dross

We're trying to catch a team willing to spend millions on players they're not even bringing into the country to begin with.

A £2m player these days isn't generally much different to a free transfer on average.

And if we don't give players time, we're looking at far more failures than successes, and in what way is that a good financial decision?

Think both will be away I get the impression Gerrard is fed up with both of them

So he goes to Dave King and says, “Remember that £3m you gave me to buy Grezda and Barisic? Well, turns out both are shite so, can you give me some more so we can buy replacements?”

The guy looks like he has never seen a football at times.

There is absolutely ZERO chance he is making it at Rangers.

This is quite striking with Grezda. It’s his awkwardness. He looks a baw hair away from tripping over the ball at times.

So he goes to Dave King and says, “Remember that £3m you gave me to buy Grezda and Barisic? Well, turns out both are shite so, can you give me some more so we can buy replacements?”

I think Gerard’s transfer business will be looked at more holistically than that when deciding his funding.

I agree with the comments about his awkward style. He looks like he's about to fall over.

Some players you know have it but he's shown next to nothing.

I don't see a future for him at Ibrox. He has been a massive flop and I wouldn't be surprised to see him shunted out the door in the coming months.

Or alternatively he says to him "We have a croatian international left back who doesnt seem to suit us and the league but due to his national team form I am confident we can make good money on him and we also have an albanian international who we will make some money back on but with the money that would be recouped I am confident I can find players more suited to the demands of playing for Rangers football club"

Every signing is a gamble, especially the market we are currently operating in. We just need to make sure we get more right than wrong.

A lot of people on here are too quick to write off players.

Barisic being consigned to the dust bin already strikes me as very premature.

With Grezda though...it just doesn't feel like it will ever work.
The both of them have been hopeless any time they have been fit enough to play.

Posting shite pictures all over social media, being constantly injured and, let's be honest here, shite when they have played will not cit it here.

Is he as good as Candeias? Nowhere near. The general feeling is we need better than Candeias (and I say that as a fan of Dans). Therefore I don't see how Grezda is ever going to be of use.

He's only getting match fit and a 15min cameo to allow us to sell him. I will be astounded if we keep him. His 12k a week canbe better spent imho.

What is it about his attitude you dont like exactly?
He never posts photos of flash cars either.
The boy came recovering from an injury, half way through our season with no pre season under his belt, he picked up another injury in Spain but as usual rather than giving a bit support to 1 of our young players trying to settle in a foreign land, some of our "supporters" would rather slate him a d write him off.
he was signed in August not halfway through the season!!!

We're trying to catch a team willing to spend millions on players they're not even bringing into the country to begin with.

A £2m player these days isn't generally much different to a free transfer on average.

And if we don't give players time, we're looking at far more failures than successes, and in what way is that a good financial decision?

Their best players are Forrest - a youth product,McGregor a youth product, Christie signed from Inverness, Tierney a youth product, their keeper was free - that’s the players who carry them often - they aren’t entirely rammed with players who cost a fortune - we also play them 4 times in a league season - playing them isn’t our issue - they in the conversation of Grezda are a distraction to the actual issue - he’s pish that’s not Celtics fault.

We play the other 10 teams loads of times and hold a massive financial advantage over them

In Scotland a 2 million player should be measurably better than the likes of Gary McKay Steven or Jordan Jones who have utterly outperformed a Grezda this season - because that’s the league we play in - a league of teams made up of bosmans and free agents that’s our competition not large spending English teams in the context of Scotland 2 million IS a fortune to say it’s no different to a free agent is utter nonsense

Last edited:
He looks pish, tbh.

I don’t see anything to suggest he’s the superstar we had hoped.

If the driving part is true, adds to the idea that he’s thick as mince.

Not sure Gerrard will want him about next season. If we can get our money back, reckon he’ll be gone.

For that money, we need someone giving us 15 goals a season from that position.

The both of them have been hopeless any time they have been fit enough to play.

Posting shite pictures all over social media, being constantly injured and, let's be honest here, shite when they have played will not cit it here.

I don't follow any Rangers employees on social media. From what I gather even the Rangers manager is on 'Insta'. All that must just be a sign of the times.

Grezda has offered nothing bar one good game against Motherwell at Ibrox.

Barisic has shown more flashes of quality, particularly in his delivery. I think it would be a mistake if we, not for the first time, cut a player loose too soon.

I honestly think there is a player in there.

There has been the odd little flash of what he can do. He did have a couple of stinkers where his confidence was shot. He also looks like he has lost a yard of pace which he needs to burst past a man. Convinced he has never been properly injury free.

It does look like the writing is on the wall as he hasn't been in the squad recently & clearly gerrard has the benefit of seeing him in training.

I just worry that we get rid too early before he is fully fit & hits some form

Latest posts

Back