Eros Grezda

He was injured when we signed him and didn't have a pre-season.
Let's hope he proves us wrong and becomes a star for us.

He’ll be gone in the summer. Comes across as having a poor attitude. We have to learn the lessons and make sure our next signings aren’t the same.

This thread is a bit mental. Grezda hasn’t impressed and probably shouldn’t have been signed given he had been out injured for 5 months. Given that and the fact he has had further injuries since joining it seems very premature to completely write him off. He is having to adapt to a completely different style of football and hasn’t been able to get a run of games together. I’d like to see him get a pre season under his belt then go from there.

If Barisic & Grezda do get moved on - will Gerrard get the same level of abuse that Pedro got for Pena & Herrera?

He’ll be gone in the summer. Comes across as having a poor attitude. We have to learn the lessons and make sure our next signings aren’t the same.

Where are you getting that from? Genuine question. Interested to know how posters can say certain players have a bad attitude when they don't see them every day or know the slightest thing about them as a person.

Re: the points on his license - anyone know what they were for?

I don’t think the guys had a real chance,been plagued with injury’s all season,has he even had a consecutive run in the side,don’t even think he’s played 3 games in a row ,surely for a winger you need a run of games to get your confidence up.

The driving this illustrates how much of a brain dead moron the boy must be, unreal.

I was a defender of him until this nonsense.

It shows the mentality of the boy. How thick must you be? I have had 3 pts in 15 years of driving and I took that fine and 3 points as a stern lesson. Plus his instagram annoyed the %^*& out of me. Same gormless look with the same gormless pals next to sports cars.

I keep thinking about what Cristian Panucci said about him- that he was a £20m player. Admittedly we've not seen it but not sure someone with the standing in the game of Panucci would say something like that just because.
I'm old enough to remember the first games of Mikhailichenko and he looked awful. His pedigree was considerably higher than Grezda's but a lot of our fans had already written him off.
Patience is not our collective strong point however lets see what pre-season brings before confining him to the bin.
Marcellus using a comparison with him and Miko is just so wrong.
He couldn't lace his boots .
We have fans unhappy about signing Hastie , but from what I've seen he's head and shoulders better .
looks like we been tucked up (Again) , really hope I'm wrong.

For me, there is little doubt as to the technical capabilities of Barisic & Grezda - in fact they may be among the most gifted players in the current Rangers squad. What is at stake however, is whether or not they can - or want to - adapt to the requirements of a league in which qualities such as pace and raw physicality tend to predominate over skill and technique.

I’ve got suspicion we’ll make a profit on him in the summer aswell as Barisic....not a significant profit but none the same I expect these both to move on with their international experience and or breakthrough assisting this.

If it was up to me, I would cut my losses and move him on ,in the close season.
Potential, and a few flashes of form, when I have seen him, is not good enough and acceptable.
We need players to hit the ground running, and make an immediate impact and contribution next season, which will be massive for us.
We need about 4 quality players in the right positions, and we'll be ready for the battle.

In what sense?

They both made two signings. Both cost a significant outlay for us. Both haven't return anything of note.

Because managers are judged on their transfer business holistically.

Overall, Gerrard has signed better players and mounded a better team.

So the situations aren’t remotely comparable. Obviously.

I’ve got suspicion we’ll make a profit on him in the summer aswell as Barisic....not a significant profit but none the same I expect these both to move on with their international experience and or breakthrough assisting this.

Why would we make a profit on Grezda?

I’d be extremely (and pleasantly) surprised if we do.

Why would we make a profit on Grezda?

I’d be extremely (and pleasantly) surprised if we do.
He has an international track record, and as has been said he is a technically gifted player. Just not cut out for Scottish Football or Rangers...in my opinion.

We just have to try and recoup some of the money. He’s dug meat. Win some, lose some.

I still LOL at the guy on here that said he won’t be judging him until next season! :)

Genuinely haven't seen anything to suggest he is in any way "uninterested"
It's just another lazy FF cliché. Next up will be "heart of a mouse" then "anything north of 25p and a bottle of old spice and I'll drive him to the airport."

Somewhere in there, there'll be someone having a pop at either Mark Allen or Stewart Robertson, with the subtext being that they should get their jotters.

He was injured when we signed him and didn't have a pre-season.
Let's hope he proves us wrong and becomes a star for us.

he could have had 3 pre-seasons in the time he's been fit and not playing, its up there with 'there's a player in there'.

We just have to try and recoup some of the money. He’s dug meat. Win some, lose some.

I still LOL at the guy on here that said he won’t be judging him until next season! :)

If he somehow makes it through the summer window and has a pre-season with us I can’t wait to hear the excuse for him next season when he’s still shite.

If he is moved on, I wonder if the same level of vitriol will be aimed at Gerrard for “judging him so quickly”..

What did we really expect? Signing players from Osijek? Hardly going to come here all guns blazing and in the same sentence good enough?

We played that mob twice. Borna had two good games. I hope we scouted them before hand to justify their signings
You got the approved list of clubs we can sign players from?

A lot of people on here are too quick to write off players.

Barisic being consigned to the dust bin already strikes me as very premature.

With Grezda though...it just doesn't feel like it will ever work.
Barisic deserves the dust bin (so far) Grezda has hardly had the prolonged opportunity to prove
himself.Im thinking he will come good.

That's one of my biggest gripes on here, some of the words used to describe Barisic and Grezda have been disgusting when you consider some of the players we've had in the last 8 years.

It's like posters like outdoing each other with how hyperbole they can get
It’s equally a joke that players get given endless time and free passes because they are better than Sandaza and Argyriou. Those days are over and we need to think 55 not “at least we’re still alive”.

He was certainly quick to drive off out of Ibrox after we beat the scum back in December, safe to say he didn’t get away that quickly with all our fans round his motor lol

In what sense?

They both made two signings. Both cost a significant outlay for us. Both haven't return anything of note.

You could use your statement to compare virtually any failed transfer with a reasonable fee.

Barisic is a rated international player with caps for the World Cup runners up. Whilst Grezda is a young player who is viewed as a star player by his national team. Both looked to be in the accendency in their career.

Pena was a long washed up ex international with very well known problems who anyone could see was not a shadow of the player earlier in his career. Herrera's stats showed he was useless before he came to us.

Transfers are risks & not all work out but I can certainly see the rationale behind Gerrards/Allen's transfer and the risk was appropriate for the outlay. Grezda deserves criticism due to the overlooming injury problems however I can still see the point of taking the chance.

The less said about Pedro's the better & that was obvious from the outset to me.

Last edited:
I don't follow any Rangers employees on social media. From what I gather even the Rangers manager is on 'Insta'. All that must just be a sign of the times.

Grezda has offered nothing bar one good game against Motherwell at Ibrox.

Barisic has shown more flashes of quality, particularly in his delivery. I think it would be a mistake if we, not for the first time, cut a player loose too soon.
The manager isn't posting pictures of himself next to pimp my ride cars or getting done for speeding 4 times in 6 months nor is the manager constantly not able to participate through injury.

The fact is when he has played he has been honking and cost 2m quid. Either him and his mate Barisic get the finger out or they are out the door, as it should be at Rangers.

Every signing is a gamble, especially the market we are currently operating in. We just need to make sure we get more right than wrong.

Sure, but when you’ve blown a comparatively hefty chunk of the available funds on two guys you’ve then quickly decided were a mistake, the board would be justifiably within their rights to seek some sort of assurances that money for replacements will be better spent.

I don’t think the guys had a real chance,been plagued with injury’s all season,has he even had a consecutive run in the side,don’t even think he’s played 3 games in a row ,surely for a winger you need a run of games to get your confidence up.

And match fitness mate.

Back